• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Teachers and Personality Type

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
If you could have any type personality for a teacher in your:

PRK-4th
5th-8th
9th-12th
And finally the four years of college.

You can only pick one per grade span.
Which do you think would be the best to have at
those various points in your
educational career.

á´…eparted

passages
Likely types of these highly influential teachers in theses blocks of my life:

High School: AP Chem teacher, INTJ 5w4.

College: Tie: Research adviser, ISFJ 9w1 or Organic chem professor, INFJ 2? 9? really tough to say.

Grad School: Research adviser, ENFJ 8w7.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Thanks for responding. I'm putting this question out there as I'm doing some research for a paper I'm writing.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm... I am not sure.

3 of my favorite teachers in high school= ENFP, ENFP, INTJ (most likely). Those are the ones I am most sure of. There were two others I had frequently who clearly use a lot of Te (unsure as to whether they are more ESTJ or ENTJ).

I tend to be drawn more towards N teachers. Not really sure why. I can listen to Ne teachers and professors all day. I have had a professor who probably used some degree of Ne. It can be completely jarring to some students. But I find it fascinating. Although I can completely see how her humor and enthusiasm about really dark subject material can be off-putting (but then again what else are you suppsss to expect from historians). Then again, college students always seem to regard many professors as sort of off. I have heard many people describe a professor along the lines of, “They are great and nice, but really really weird.”
A lot of college professors seem to be N types, at least in my discipline. I am fairly certain one of my mom’s best friends is probably an ISFJ though and she is a college math professor (outside my discipline).
And I do have another professor right now who definitely uses Ti. It seems like he could be an INTP, but the way he uses it seems so similar to the way my Ti father uses it so I am inclined to think that he could be an ISTP with a good amount of access to tertiary Ni. But then again, this professor has a very Ne style of discussion and lecturing, so likely INTP.

My academic advisor definitely gives of INTP vibes. And the faculty advisor for the honors program I’m in strikes me as an INFP.

I have heard that Fe doms and those with Fe auxiliary are often drawn to being elementary teachers. I have known quite a few that are or are studying to go down this path. It seems like a good fit for them.
I suppose I don’t have exact types to pick. Typical ENFP indecisiveness
Good luck with your paper.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't remember enough about my 5th grade English teacher to type her. Probably an F I guess.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ne doms the whole way through.

Interesting and most likely to tolerate my learning/writing styles

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Thanks for the replies I've gotten so far but I really would like to know what people think about the original question:

PRK-4th
5th-8th
9th-12th
And finally the four years of college.

You can only pick one per grade span.
Which do you think would be the best to have at
those various points in your
educational career.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
PRK-4th: FJ's. Kids need that structure and care and consistency. SFJ's can get kids to build good habits/routines, NFJ's can see their long-range potential.
5th-8th: EXFP: Kids start to get clever/cynical but they're still kids. This age group needs someone who can roll with chaos, remind them they're still kids, empathize with all the new changes in their life, and disarm their apathy.
9th-12th: EXTJ: At this point, kids will benefit from a strong practical hand to get them to where they want to get, and prepare them for adult life
And finally the four years of college: ENTP/INTP: I personally love those witty, uber-knowledgable profs who can distill all the dusty undergrad lessons into snappy jokes and analogies. At this point you should have learned to structure yourself, so you don't need your prof to be your parent.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PRK-4th: ExFJ.
5th-8th: IxFJ.
9th-12th: xNTJ.
And finally the four years of college: All of them, please.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
That's interesting...in college/university All Of Them.
Why do you say that Nørrsken?

Metis

PRK-4th - ENTP
5th-8th - ENTP
9th-12th - ENTP
And finally the four years of college - ISTP

ENTP teachers have a lot of infectious enthusiasm for the subjects they teach, in my experience.

By college, though, I might want someone who knows some deep shit about practical application.

Oh, am I late to this thread? :/

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
PRK-4th - ENTP
5th-8th - ENTP
9th-12th - ENTP
And finally the four years of college - ISTP

ENTP teachers have a lot of infectious enthusiasm for the subjects they teach, in my experience.

By college, though, I might want someone who knows some deep shit about practical application.

Oh, am I late to this thread? :/

Ah so I take it you like ENTPs ;)