• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensor Support Group

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This thread is a place for sensors to discuss the ways this site negatively effects our self esteem and hinders personal development.

I will write some substantial posts on this tomorrow.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel self-conscious about having my type listed because everyone thinks SFJs are the worst types. And it's not like it would just go away if I stopped listing it on my profile, because I've been on this forum for 3 years now and I've always typed as an SFJ so everyone knows my type now.

I think that on a superficial level, people only see my silliness. Like, they only see that. Because even though I'm very open about my personal life, I only get serious about talking about my true feelings and shit with people I really trust and feel close to. I think many people, especially newer members who almost always still see MBTI superficially due to just newbieness, really do judge you based on your listed type even if they claim that they don't. I hate the idea that people treat me differently because I type as an SFJ, or think that I'm "fake" because I'm Fe and like to be silly and playful during my downtime, just because they don't know me on a personal level. Because it does matter to me how people see me, and frankly I just don't like the idea of being seen as my type's shitty ass description.

Si and Fe are some of the most poorly understood functions, along with Ni and Se. No, I don't blindly value what society does. Fuck, I don't even know how well my values actually align with "society." The majority of society still has problems with trans people but that doesn't stop me from being one. My opinions and values are my opinions and values. I don't value what I value because somebody told me to, or because society told me to. However, I DO value what I value because I think it BENEFITS society to do so. So fuck people who misunderstand Fe. And Si, too. I'm not a stick up the ass traditional type. I don't have some sort of amazing memory. Si is IMPRESSIONISTIC, whereas Ni is abstract. It's not the same fucking thing as "being sensory" or "paying attention to your 5 senses" or "being in the moment." And I'm not stuck in the past either. I get so fucking triggered by awful Si descriptions from cringey idiots who barely even know what MBTI is. Honestly, most of what people describe Si is applies mostly to the tert Si in INxPs.

So, there. I don't have a problem with my type or being a sensor. I just hate the way people wrongly judge my type, and thus judge me.

And since it's slightly related and I'm already complaining: yes, I'm 110% sure I'm not a fucking Fi dom, 9 core, or sx last, thanks.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you're not retarded and people like you, they always try to type you as an N.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't technically know for certain if I am an ISFP or an INFP, but I do know that all of my best romantic relationships were with sensors. One of my best friends is an SFP, and another is an ISFJ. I found my most fulfilling relationship to date was with an ISTJ. I personally found him to be strong, grounded, and dutiful in a way that greatly improved my day-to-day life and complimented my weaker areas.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It kinda sucks to go to one of those "Favorite/Least Favorite types" threads to see everyone say they like any type except ESxJs. Even when I do see ESTJs get complemented in threads, it seems like they're reading from stock type descriptions more than anything. Then again, how many guaranteed Te doms has anyone actually met? I know out of all the people I've just casually typed, not many have been Te dom. This sucks even harder when I remember that MBTI sites usually cite ESTJs to be in the top five most common typings (while ENTJ is top five rarest, hmmmmm). ISTJs get so much love but ESTJs are the bad guys.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're not retarded and people like you, they always try to type you as an N.

well, fuck... I always get typed as a Sensor by people :sadbanana:

I joined the site as a sensor purely to spite people because this site was a lot worse back then than now... like, sensors were the devil and responsible for all societal ills... and we were dumb as hell too and everyone felt comfortable saying it on the forum at large... and morally corrupt and such

don't have my type down because I don't buy into people's belief that I'm an extrovert and I don't have the patience to argue with them over it because that's just a waste of my precious time

This is going to be fun. I need to get this out of my system, so here goes.

One of my biggest issues with type is how it does put people into boxes even if they may not directly align with the general descriptions. And because of this, people may assume you are a certain way when you may not be at all. I know it's inevitable because typology is a label system, but it still bothers me anyway. This is also why I don't feel comfortable having my MBTI type (even though I am still unsure overall) and enneagram type displayed.

Another issue I have are the labels between idealists and artisans. I consider myself a fervent idealist, perhaps even moreso than many INFPs. I am also a daydreamer, a creative thinker, and strive for being innovative and original. I am into abstract ideas and have 'crazy' beliefs. I am not grounded at all and am not an ambivert, as many seem to believe ISFPs are. So yeah, I am not into normalcy and hate to say it, but I personally get offended if people think of me in that way because I've never fit in with 'normal' people no matter how hard I've tried in the past. This probably has more to do with my enneagram type though.

But anywho, I am not a feebleminded zombie who is unable to think independently and who only lives in the moment. I don't usually live in the moment either. My mind is almost always centered on future possibilities and sometimes the past as well as what I could have done to change it. So I don't relate to the ISFP descriptions under those cirumstances, but that also doesn't necessarily make me or anyone else an 'N' either. However, admittedly I am an artist and a bit of a hippie, so I do fit the stereotype somewhat. But then there are those who think sensors aren't into the peculiar and are a lot more conventional than 'N's, because supposedly only 'N's are into the weird and wacky or are in general much more intelligent and novel. Well, I'll just say that many 'N's appear like normal folk to me and don't seem any different than the sensors many complain about. So there.

/rant

I am cleansed.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really all you can say about intuitives is generally unaware of the physical environment and prefer abstract information pretty much naturally.

An intuitive will look for abstract as it is their filter.
A sensor looks clearly what is around and given to them given their physical properties as such.

Just because someone wear a different shade of sunglasses does not make them inferior or superior.

However. We must all remember there’s idiots and stupid people of all kinds :laugh:

While I’m in support of this because there can be no bad thing from this. I just still understand intuitives frustrations with sensors in the real world.

For many it’s hard for them to have a buddy to talk about the information they naturally gain out of an academic environment. Sensors pretty much rule the natural world because they are practical. (This is in general). Thus those who are seen as practical seem to hold society’s ideal.

It’s hard to argue things literally done or created.

Intuitives are disliked because some really want the world to change.

How dare someone wants to incite their change off a perception I have no access to?

It causes strifes between each other. But that doesn’t mean intuitives must be exempt from practical concerns and neither do sensors either. It’s within my personal beliefs is that nobody has a ticket to be set free from everything and moral responsibilities just because someone has been hurt or offended. We can show mercy. But it goes for both sensors and intuitives to learn to work with each other and understand the importance of each.

There is a strong bias with introverted intuition but oddly enough it’s so misunderstood it’s more of a social marker not really using Ni’s ultimate purpose. Anyhow that’s my two cents.

So really yes sensors definite deserve equal treatment and opportunities on the internet. No matter what’s been said.

There is an implied point however is that turning to where intuitives are both discriminated irl and online is both bad. I’m trying to warn people about that.

Most famous intuitives went through so much shit to get even famous/recognized as normal . They were laughed and mocked for the absurdity of their ideas until their ideas came to fruition. I think they do deserve praise for that bravery and making the world a better place.

And sensors who do more than the average person will lead to a more fulfilling life.

Intuitives will need some of that sensation to achieve that and vice versa for sensors.

No one and absolutely no one can make it with a tunnel view perception.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And call me stubborn but I will not condone for someone to say fuck intuitives for your being because you’re a minority and your concerns are invalid anyway I said what I needed to say.

I’m a hardcore feminist and I’m not ashamed of that either

everyone deserves fair equal treatment and I will not respect those who do not respect those according to their needs and wants each was burdened into the world

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And call me stubborn but I will not condone for someone to say fuck intuitives for your being because you’re a minority and your concerns are invalid anyway I said what I needed to say.

I’m a hardcore feminist and I’m not ashamed of that either

Nobody said 'fuck intuitives' and I also don't understand how either of your posts really fit into the context of a sensor support group

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sensor support thread, page 1: somehow already about intuitives now...

Meh. I've known intuitives who do just fine in the real world and sensors who have it hard. Try telling someone who struggled with a disease that almost killed them and left them disabled they have it easy, despite being a sensor. My sister is one of them. I also have had my own battles. :shrug:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I don't technically know for certain if I am an ISFP or an INFP, but I do know that all of my best romantic relationships were with sensors. One of my best friends is an SFP, and another is an ISFJ. I found my most fulfilling relationship to date was with an ISTJ. I personally found him to be strong, grounded, and dutiful in a way that greatly improved my day-to-day life and complimented my weaker areas.

God I keep imagining what it'd be like to date an ISTJ with stronger Te. The idea of having someone schedule everything with me is gonna make my heart go doki doki

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Love the thread idea but it saddens me we apparently need a thread like this. I think on the one hand you really can't escape being subjected to stereotypes or assumptions here or anywhere dealing with personality type since the basis of these sorts of theories is to give people a shorthand description in better understanding others and themselves. Though, when people stop attempting to understand others or themselves beyond the descriptions, assuming all the answers have been given to them on a silver platter, which they aren't as there's still much more to a person beyond knowing their personality type, that's when I have to feel saddened for that individual then, not the people they're making all these assumptions of.

Any time you decide on some level, that you've mastered an area of thought, the need to keep exploring and learning dwindles. If an intuitive feels there is nothing to learn from a sensor, then that is to their detriment. There is so much added perspective to be gained when you expose your world to the viewpoints of others, and really, this applies to all facets of life. I find it highly vital in fact, to surround myself with sensors as it really does help to keep me firmly planted between two ways of being. The interesting bit though, is that I tend to befriend sensors, ISFJs usually, without having any sort of awareness of the other person's typing. There's some intrinsic value I place in sensors that has me gravitating towards them, naturally it would seem. Not because I feel a kinship or some alignment with them but because their differences add such an important dynamic and plot twist to my everyday view of the world, that without their place in my life, I cannot function to the best of my abilities.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I’m an intuitive, but i just want to say that Sensors should be valued more. I think a lot of intuitives want to feel special or assert their differences because they feel alone and ostracized. This behavior is still completely unacceptable though.

Out of the 4 people who know me best, 3 are sensors. I was raised by sensors. Heck, most of my closest friends throughout my life have been or are sensors. I almost got engaged to an ISFP (wonderful guy, but I knew we would have made each other miserable in the long run).

Don not ever let people tell you you are less for any reason. Especially something like a cognitive preference.
Each of the functions brings something unique and vital to the world. The functions that seems to get the most flack (in no particular order) are Si, Se, Te, and Fe.

And the idea that every SJ type is super conservative and “stuck in the past” is ridiculous. I have an ISTJ friend who would probably cringe at the prospect of voting Republican.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ns are "theoretically better", but they always complain how they just cant navigate this world...which makes "S" better in reality. Gotta love the disconnect. Sounds more like..."i am at a disadvantage syndrome" or CDS(cant do shit) syndrome thats completely unrelated to N/S.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Love the thread idea but it saddens me we apparently need a thread like this. I think on the one hand you really can't escape being subjected to stereotypes or assumptions here or anywhere dealing with personality type since the basis of these sorts of theories is to give people a shorthand description in better understanding others and themselves. Though, when people stop attempting to understand others or themselves beyond the descriptions, assuming all the answers have been given to them on a silver platter, which they aren't as there's still much more to a person beyond knowing their personality type, that's when I have to feel saddened for that individual then, not the people they're making all these assumptions of.

Any time you decide on some level, that you've mastered an area of thought, the need to keep exploring and learning dwindles. If an intuitive feels there is nothing to learn from a sensor, then that is to their detriment. There is so much added perspective to be gained when you expose your world to the viewpoints of others, and really, this applies to all facets of life. I find it highly vital in fact, to surround myself with sensors as it really does help to keep me firmly planted between two ways of being. The interesting bit though, is that I tend to befriend sensors, ISFJs usually, without having any sort of awareness of the other person's typing. There's some intrinsic value I place in sensors that has me gravitating towards them, naturally it would seem. Not because I feel a kinship or some alignment with them but because their differences add such an important dynamic and plot twist to my everyday view of the world, that without their place in my life, I cannot function to the best of my abilities.

+1. Figure if this post is in thread more, then there is a better chance of it being read.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Ns are "theoretically better", but they always complain how they just cant navigate this world...which makes "S" better in reality. Gotta love the disconnect. Sounds more like..."i am at a disadvantage syndrome" or CDS(cant do shit) syndrome thats completely unrelated to N/S.

I can't tell if this is directed at me?

Anyway, I've never understood the whole "intuitives are better" thing. I see people, not types, and I'm notoriously awful at typing others in MBTI.