• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and drug use.

Do you, or have you at one time, regularly used a recreational drug?

• I - Yes

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • E - Yes

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • N - Yes

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • S - Yes

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • T - Yes

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • F - Yes

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • P - Yes

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • J - Yes

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • I - No

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • E - No

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • N - No

Votes: 67 44.4%
  • S - No

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • T - No

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • F - No

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • P - No

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • J - No

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd be interested in seeing if there are any correlations between type and drug use. Not alcohol/caffeine/tobacco, they don't count. I wanted to make each MBTI type in the poll, but there is a limit, so I am doing the functions individually.

I was going to make the poll public, but, I guess it will get more votes if it's anonymous.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am INTJ and I have never used any illegal drugs.

I don't even use legal ones.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
generalization (type tend to gravitate towards):

SJ -> alcohol
SP -> weed, lsd maybe
NF -> lsd, weed maybe, i see a lot of INFJs that like to drink...a lot
NT -> caffeine, nicotine

these are of course not defined in anyway and quite vague

LucrativeSid

I used to do a lot different drugs as a teenager. I think it had more to do with my environment and upbringing than it did my type, though. Where I was from, it was quite the standard thing to do. My older brother smoked weed with me for the first time when I was 11. Just about all of my friends, my brothers friends, and all of the people I randomly met or hung out with did drugs, too. I'm not blaming my environment or upbringing, I'd just say it played a significant part in my drug usage. I'm drug free now, but I don't regret the fun I had back then. Two of my friends died from overdoses a few years after I left the drugs behind, and many more of them still have addiction problems.

This may be too much information, but I feel compelled to share. It's something I know a lot about.

If I was to hypothesize which types are more inclined to use drugs, the four E--P types would be at the top of my list.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I've experimented a little bit. Smoked my fair share of weed, vicodin a couple of times, xanex but basically just weed. Pain killers were interesting at first but not really something to fuck around with with any consistency, probably the only reason I did them was because I don't have a consistent source if I did it would be a whole other story. It's actually kind of funny as soon as I started taking my ADD medication I didn't feel the urge to just get high or seek fun in the form of drugs really at all. I basically stopped smoking weed and drank a lot less, I still smoke occasionally now( a couple of times a month), but not on the stoner smoke everyday path I was on for a while.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Even though I'm young, I can't say I have ever used a drug, or even drank..and I don't plan on using drugs ever.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I like alcohol but I don't drink that often. Maybe once a week at most. Other than that I've never been involved in regular drug use.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've most definitely been involved in all sorts of drug use, unfortunately.

Question: do we get to vote 4 times or something to hit all of our personality letters, or what? I'm not understanding how I should cast my vote other than Yes

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ehhhh, nahhhh no illegal drugs. No legal ones either, except caffeine. Ehhh, that's a problem. Coffee. Tea. DOH! :shock:

Eh, Substitute, sorry to rain on your parade, hon, but I'm telling the truth. Should I hide my head in shame? ;)

But when I drink too much caffeine, I act like I'm on drugs, so maybe that counts!!!!!!!!!! :D

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Caffeine's a horribly addicting drug *sips dr. pepper*

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have to remember that caffeine is a drug, because its so normal for me to be heavily caffeinated. Its most absolutely my drug of choice

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I smoked pot for 2 years. Then was forced to stop because of probation. I tried it again afterwards and it just wasn't the same. I haven't smoked since.

I've experimented with psilocybin mushrooms before, and had some really awesome trips. Got me back to nature and what was important to me :p That was just my experience though. You really need to be in the right state of mind if for those.

I've known people that have really bad trips and ended up hurting themselves and others. It affected them in a such a way that when they came down all of the negative feelings that they had during the trip stayed with them, and they fell into a deep depression. :S

That's it as far as my experimentation goes.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
wow. intp is the most likely to do drugs?

i mean, what about caffeine? thats a legal drug...