• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and drug use.

Do you, or have you at one time, regularly used a recreational drug?

• I - Yes

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • E - Yes

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • N - Yes

Votes: 62 41.1%
  • S - Yes

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • T - Yes

Votes: 42 27.8%
  • F - Yes

Votes: 28 18.5%
  • P - Yes

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • J - Yes

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • I - No

Votes: 63 41.7%
  • E - No

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • N - No

Votes: 67 44.4%
  • S - No

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • T - No

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • F - No

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • P - No

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • J - No

Votes: 30 19.9%

• Total voters

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
I've experimented with psilocybin mushrooms before, and had some really awesome trips. Got me back to nature and what was important to me :p That was just my experience though. You really need to be in the right state of mind if for those.

trees are cool. lol

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can you seriously feel the effects of caffeine from a Dr. Pepper (or any general soda for that matter)?

I used to drink 7 two-liters a day.

Things I've learned from this:
Mountain Dew has the most caffeine in it out of any regular brand soda
Barqs is the only caffeinated root beer.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow. intp is the most likely to do drugs?

i mean, what about caffeine? thats a legal drug...

You have to consider the severe distortion of these poll results. INTPs are also the most likely to not take drugs, apparently. The reason is because there are way more INTPs here than any other type. They will presumably get a higher score.

A more accurate approach would be to make an individual poll for each type, so you could get the average of that specific type's response. It would be really tedious, though, and hurt by the fact that some types would provide very small sample sizes.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think NTs would be drawn to psychedelics because they're intellectual drugs and they can calm people down. I've tried a bunch of stuff, but I really only enjoyed pot and shrooms.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You have to consider the severe distortion of these poll results. INTPs are also the most likely to not take drugs, apparently. The reason is because there are way more INTPs here than any other type. They will presumably get a higher score.

A more accurate approach would be to make an individual poll for each type, so you could get the average of that specific type's response. It would be really tedious, though, and hurt by the fact that some types would provide very small sample sizes.

Or just compare within functions, e.g., how many Is said yes and how many said no? But yeah, you're right about the interpretation.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hm... polls of this nature on this site aren't too helpful, because there are some types greatly overrepresented and others underrepresented. This obviously produces misleading results that don't really mean much in RL...

neofrizz

MBTI Type
INXP
Relatively clean INFP. I understand far too well where I might end up.

neofrizz

MBTI Type
INXP
I used to drink 7 two-liters a day.

Things I've learned from this:
Mountain Dew has the most caffeine in it out of any regular brand soda
Barqs is the only caffeinated root beer.

:huh:
That's highly unlikely. Unless of course, you were making bathroom stops every 10 minutes... the human body is only supposed to hold a half a liter or so at a time. If we break down from your proposed 14 liters a day, 24 hours leaves you with 583 ml per hour. I don't have any stats on how fast that sort of thing moves through your body, but I imagine you would be spending the majority of your time flushing the superbowl.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I felt bloated constantly during that time period, and backed off to about 2-4 two-liters a day for the most part, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I don't really care about the science behind it, I just know how much was going into my body. Feel free to disbelieve as much as you want.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i have never done an illegal drug and have never felt the urge to. I have never smoked and i drink alcohol maybe once every month, sometimes even less than that.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Not interested in the illegal drugs. I have zero desire to alter my mind, so to speak. Caffeine is useless for me, does nothing for keeping me awake. I've had multiple family members die from lung cancer caused by tobacco, so it's an automatic no. Alcohol is fine, although getting drunk isn't something I'm interested in doing often...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I guess, when you live life for the journey and not journey to live life, you will inevitably come to the point, discussed here.

When you by then choose to explore this path, it needs a strong mind to restore yourself from drugs and even if you succeed, you will be changed afterwards.

I explored this path and it brought me into a blind alley, where I would have been unable to continue my journey from.

So I ended it.

I still carry around a lot of experience from that time and I havent lost my fear of loosing my mind within the journey, so I never did something more than marijuana.

Today I bear an even greater fear of loosing my mind, so my ambitions towards drug abuse have grown quite slim. Gonna see, where the journey will lead.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
generalization (type tend to gravitate towards):

SJ -> alcohol
SP -> weed, lsd maybe
NF -> lsd, weed maybe, i see a lot of INFJs that like to drink...a lot
NT -> caffeine, nicotine

these are of course not defined in anyway and quite vague

*weighs up options, becomes SJ*

Nah, I'm an INT that never got into drugs.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
No illegal drugs yet. Just haven't gotten around to it. The only time I've been around people with weed, it was out in the open in a park and I was too paranoid - wouldn't have enjoyed it.

Now, if we want to talk about caffeine, I am pretty much off the scale. At least two large cups of coffee per day (guess that'd translate to like 4 or 5 coffee cups worth) or at least two cups of diet Sunkist. I'm trying to wean myself off the diet drinks and on to coffee though. If I don't get caffeine by like 12pm, I can guarantee you it will be an AWFUL day. Headaches...it's like some kind of hangover.

V Profane

MBTI Type
INTP
No illegal drugs yet. Just haven't gotten around to it. The only time I've been around people with weed, it was out in the open in a park and I was too paranoid - wouldn't have enjoyed it.

You were right to save it for a more appropriate moment. Never do a drug in an uncomfortable situation.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have tried a variety of drugs out of curiosity- they tended to succeed in making me sleepy or nauseus, so I stick with the caffeine/nicotine/alcohol set ;)