• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can a INFJ permanently loop Ni-Ti without Fe butting in or becoming unhealthy?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm not saying filter out your negative health levels, I'm saying use contemporary information to type yourself. People change and evolve constantly. You aren't the same person you were five minutes ago, let alone five years ago. Years passing since you've been "yourself" isn't a sign of being unhealthy for so long that your entire self perception for that duration was false, but that you just developed a new self and the rejection of that new self is a more telling sign of being unhealthy.

I think you and I see this from different angles. What I was trying to say is that I have been unhealthy and erratic the last few years, which is to be expected after being in a situation where long-term gaslighting is involved. It takes a long time to get back in touch with who you actually are when you have been conditioned to not trust yourself. I will agree that a general rejection/dislike of oneself can indicate poor health, although it can also just be inherent for overly critical people. This is why I get so upset when people assume that anyone seeking validation or outside help must be an Fe user, as there are just too many lenses to view this through.

Tests and tools can be very helpful, but only if one both understands the information being relayed and understands the motivations behind their behavior. I feel that people who use tertiary or inferior thinking may have a harder time getting accurate results, as do people with certain enneagram types.

Confession: I am fairly intelligent and comfortable with written word, but I cannot tell you how many times I have read something, especially statements on typing tests, and thought to myself "what the fuck does that mean?" I have also made a lot of erroneous connections between functions and behavior. Like until recently, I assumed most people who love to research and reflect a lot in their spare time must be Ti users. That is categorically incorrect.

There also seems to be a strange one-sided communication barrier for me where if something isn't stated really clearly in simple terms, I have to reread it like 3 or 4 times and try to figure out what is actually being said. I also have a significant disconnect between my Self and my awareness of Self, which further complicates test-taking for me. Perhaps we all do, I think that is the point of typology. I just find that it may be a bit stronger in me, making me somewhat of a late bloomer in the realm of self-awareness.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think you and I see this from different angles. What I was trying to say is that I have been unhealthy and erratic the last few years, which is to be expected after being in a situation where long-term gaslighting is involved. It takes a long time to get back in touch with who you actually are when you have been conditioned to not trust yourself. I will agree that a general rejection/dislike of oneself can indicate poor health, although it can also just be inherent for overly critical people. This is why I get so upset when people assume that anyone seeking validation or outside help must be an Fe user, as there are just too many lenses to view this through.

Tests and tools can be very helpful, but only if one both understands the information being relayed and understands the motivations behind their behavior. I feel that people who use tertiary or inferior thinking may have a harder time getting accurate results, as do people with certain enneagram types.

Confession: I am fairly intelligent and comfortable with written word, but I cannot tell you how many times I have read something, especially statements on typing tests, and thought to myself "what the fuck does that mean?" I have also made a lot of erroneous connections between functions and behavior. Like until recently, I assumed most people who love to research and reflect a lot in their spare time must be Ti users. That is categorically incorrect.

There also seems to be a strange one-sided communication barrier for me where if something isn't stated really clearly in simple terms, I have to reread it like 3 or 4 times and try to figure out what is actually being said. I also have a significant disconnect between my Self and my awareness of Self, which further complicates test-taking for me. Perhaps we all do, I think that is the point of typology. I just find that it may be a bit stronger in me, making me somewhat of a late bloomer in the realm of self-awareness.

I'm not sure how you want me to respond to this

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there any way to skip over Fe without getting in a depressed or negative state?

Simple answer I would say is no. The person needs to get out more and interact with people. That will fix it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have experienced this kind of loop and think it's bad. The way it happened to me is that I just withdrew more and more into myself thinking about unimportant things going round and round analyzing with no clear conclusions. It was a distorted way of thinking really in that it was divorced from reality. The way I gout out of was to interact with more people in a work environment getting shit done. Cured me. I tried reading books about it but couldn't figure it out that way.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I mean, sometimes it's good to get out of yourself and synchronize yourself with the world around you. There's a different quality of presence that comes about from staying focused on doing something. For us, listening to the importance of things, and then cultivating that understanding into a coherent set of aims is a useful way to do that.

Introverted thinking needs a quality of presence--of being there--to work. It's hard to organize Ni without some empirical grounding in knowing, tacit/embodied or otherwise. It gives boundaries and form, which help situate and structure specific perspectives. Once we can kind of orient with enough intent to commit to something more concentrated, we can start to explore its reality more creatively. This is when Ti and Se become incredibly helpful, this process of three-dimensionalizing things/ideas into experiences.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is there any way to skip over Fe without getting in a depressed or negative state?

darkside_newthumb.png

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Even though people aren't aware of the loop idea in real life, I thought people get into their loops because they don't like themselves.