User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 24

  1. #11
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanonymous View Post
    I agree. It takes time, and I spent quite some time trying to understand the functions. I even read the book "My true type" by Dr. A.J.Drenth to help me out, and it's one of the reasons I disagree so much about my description being Ne. What I have written is only a brief way of concluding that I am an INFJ, but it does not in any way represent all the reading and introspection needed to be able to structure such a conclusion.
    Personally, despite what people say about me, I'm not entirely sure I'm an Fe user. I do not have that sincere warmth that NFJs have and I'm know for having unpopular opinions, so that was one of the triggering doubts that has led me to research the functions on my own in the most subjective way possible. I've also gotten into typing by micro-expressions. I haven't researched it enough to decide how I feel about it, but it certainly is fascinating.

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,834

    Default

    better go with that 10%^^

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Personally, despite what people say about me, I'm not entirely sure I'm an Fe user. I do not have that sincere warmth that NFJs have and I'm know for having unpopular opinions, so that was one of the triggering doubts that has led me to research the functions on my own in the most subjective way possible. I've also gotten into typing by micro-expressions. I haven't researched it enough to decide how I feel about it, but it certainly is fascinating.
    I wouldn't say INFJs are "warm", even with aux Fe. It is a mainly a stereotype based on the assumption that an Fe user will automatically have to be "warm". I've read a lot about how INFJs tend to come off as a lot more cold and distant (especially when they are around people they aren't used to or don't care for). It makes sense considering their inferior Se and how INFJs tend to have a difficult time knowing or controlling how they come off to others (something that contrasts tremendously with dominate Si). I've noticed that Si doms are typically extremely composed people with a lot more physical fluidity and symmetry (in how they sit and carry themselves). Since the ISFJ has a lot more physical self awareness they can easily present themselves in a warmer manner to demonstrate their aux Fe.

    Having unpopular opinions doesn't mean you don't use Fe. The function is basically about how willing you are to compromise those opinions to keep the peace--how willing you are to recognize others' perspectives and opinions and respect them (usually when Ni-Fe, not Si-Fe). That's not to say an Fi user can't recognize or respect opposing opinions, though. Do you re-examine your mindset when new information or varying opinions that present valid points are introduced to your database of knowledge and perspectives, or do you become resistant/defensive in order to not shatter your world view? Dominate Ni can easily create strong convictions within people but not without the subconscious process of examining ALL perspectives/information. The difference between Si and Ni opinions (not considering Fi due to the completely different process because of it being a judging function, not a perceiving) is that Si opinions are based upon knowledge gained through subjective perception of an experience and the unwillingness to budge because those perceptions are what guides them through life, while Ni opinions are based on subjective perceptions of knowledge gained through unconscious observations of others (Ni and inferior Se). An Si user will budge when they experience it for themselves. An Ni user will budge when they have sorted through new information subconsciously (which they always do). That's why Ni users don't tend to adjust their convictions right away; their brains need time to process and adjust.

    Si doms trust their opinions that are based upon personal experience because they trust their dominant function. Ni users trust their opinions/assumptions based upon subconscious consideration of observations because they trust their dominant function.

    Fe (in accordance to formed opinions) is purely how naturally you are able to evaluate how expressing those opinions will affect the people around you, and after assessing choosing whether you should stand up/argue for your views (in an environment that you know choosing to do so will not cause turmoil) or keep the peace. Fi isn't focused on the peace as much as they are their personal judgement and willingness to fight for it, disregarding the social dynamic consequences.
    Likes Yama, Hiraeth liked this post

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,947

    Default

    ur type is

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Telling me my type is wrong without trying to explain why is not helpful. If you think I've explained something wrongly, then correct me. Don't make statements without backing them up please, it's poor argumentation. I believe I am right, but I am definitely open to changing my mind given the number of people who disagree with me.

  6. #16
    ⋆✦⋆ Hiraeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beloiseau View Post
    I wouldn't say INFJs are "warm", even with aux Fe. It is a mainly a stereotype based on the assumption that an Fe user will automatically have to be "warm". I've read a lot about how INFJs tend to come off as a lot more cold and distant (especially when they are around people they aren't used to or don't care for). It makes sense considering their inferior Se and how INFJs tend to have a difficult time knowing or controlling how they come off to others (something that contrasts tremendously with dominate Si). I've noticed that Si doms are typically extremely composed people with a lot more physical fluidity and symmetry (in how they sit and carry themselves). Since the ISFJ has a lot more physical self awareness they can easily present themselves in a warmer manner to demonstrate their aux Fe.

    Having unpopular opinions doesn't mean you don't use Fe. The function is basically about how willing you are to compromise those opinions to keep the peace--how willing you are to recognize others' perspectives and opinions and respect them (usually when Ni-Fe, not Si-Fe). That's not to say an Fi user can't recognize or respect opposing opinions, though. Do you re-examine your mindset when new information or varying opinions that present valid points are introduced to your database of knowledge and perspectives, or do you become resistant/defensive in order to not shatter your world view? Dominate Ni can easily create strong convictions within people but not without the subconscious process of examining ALL perspectives/information. The difference between Si and Ni opinions (not considering Fi due to the completely different process because of it being a judging function, not a perceiving) is that Si opinions are based upon knowledge gained through subjective perception of an experience and the unwillingness to budge because those perceptions are what guides them through life, while Ni opinions are based on subjective perceptions of knowledge gained through unconscious observations of others (Ni and inferior Se). An Si user will budge when they experience it for themselves. An Ni user will budge when they have sorted through new information subconsciously (which they always do). That's why Ni users don't tend to adjust their convictions right away; their brains need time to process and adjust.

    Si doms trust their opinions that are based upon personal experience because they trust their dominant function. Ni users trust their opinions/assumptions based upon subconscious consideration of observations because they trust their dominant function.

    Fe (in accordance to formed opinions) is purely how naturally you are able to evaluate how expressing those opinions will affect the people around you, and after assessing choosing whether you should stand up/argue for your views (in an environment that you know choosing to do so will not cause turmoil) or keep the peace. Fi isn't focused on the peace as much as they are their personal judgement and willingness to fight for it, disregarding the social dynamic consequences.
    I related to everything you've said about Fe despite me always identifying as a Fi-dom. Another person thought I seemed very Fe before too. Great, now I'm starting to doubt my type again. Who even am I anymore? *slips into existential crisis mode*
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

  7. #17
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beloiseau View Post
    I wouldn't say INFJs are "warm", even with aux Fe. It is a mainly a stereotype based on the assumption that an Fe user will automatically have to be "warm". I've read a lot about how INFJs tend to come off as a lot more cold and distant (especially when they are around people they aren't used to or don't care for). It makes sense considering their inferior Se and how INFJs tend to have a difficult time knowing or controlling how they come off to others (something that contrasts tremendously with dominate Si). I've noticed that Si doms are typically extremely composed people with a lot more physical fluidity and symmetry (in how they sit and carry themselves). Since the ISFJ has a lot more physical self awareness they can easily present themselves in a warmer manner to demonstrate their aux Fe.

    Having unpopular opinions doesn't mean you don't use Fe. The function is basically about how willing you are to compromise those opinions to keep the peace--how willing you are to recognize others' perspectives and opinions and respect them (usually when Ni-Fe, not Si-Fe). That's not to say an Fi user can't recognize or respect opposing opinions, though. Do you re-examine your mindset when new information or varying opinions that present valid points are introduced to your database of knowledge and perspectives, or do you become resistant/defensive in order to not shatter your world view? Dominate Ni can easily create strong convictions within people but not without the subconscious process of examining ALL perspectives/information. The difference between Si and Ni opinions (not considering Fi due to the completely different process because of it being a judging function, not a perceiving) is that Si opinions are based upon knowledge gained through subjective perception of an experience and the unwillingness to budge because those perceptions are what guides them through life, while Ni opinions are based on subjective perceptions of knowledge gained through unconscious observations of others (Ni and inferior Se). An Si user will budge when they experience it for themselves. An Ni user will budge when they have sorted through new information subconsciously (which they always do). That's why Ni users don't tend to adjust their convictions right away; their brains need time to process and adjust.

    Si doms trust their opinions that are based upon personal experience because they trust their dominant function. Ni users trust their opinions/assumptions based upon subconscious consideration of observations because they trust their dominant function.

    Fe (in accordance to formed opinions) is purely how naturally you are able to evaluate how expressing those opinions will affect the people around you, and after assessing choosing whether you should stand up/argue for your views (in an environment that you know choosing to do so will not cause turmoil) or keep the peace. Fi isn't focused on the peace as much as they are their personal judgement and willingness to fight for it, disregarding the social dynamic consequences.
    You seem to have a fairly good understanding of the functions. Have you seen any of the videos here? YouTube

    There is an ENTJ on that page who describes functions very well, albeit maybe a tad fast for me, but he is just about the only person who can make this shit clear to me.

    Anyway, I have for awhile been wondering if I am actually a Fi-dom; I always test this way, I find that Fe rubs me the wrong way, I find that Fe feels fake, I watch those around me act superficially for the sake of harmony and it leads me to make judgements about their authenticity, and I hold convictions that are very strong to me that are often is stark contrast to those of society as a whole. Generally, I will keep them to myself if minor or moderate because I don't see much point in getting worked up about things and I respect that other people have differing perspectives and opinions. However, when someone crosses a line that I find unacceptable, I will certainly voice my opinion and stand my ground. In fact, upon reflection, that is probably the #1 way I have gotten myself into trouble over the years. It's generally revolving around defending an individual, not society as a whole.

    Anyhow, people have very serious misconception about the functions and one CANNOT TYPE AN INDIVIDUAL BASED ON ACTIONS, because it is the process that determines functions and oftentimes opposing functions can look exactly the same on the outside.

    I am leaving my type as INFJ until I feel I have a stronger understanding of the functions, which I feel will be the case after a watch a few more of said ENTJ's informative videos.

  8. #18
    Junior Member caspar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    15

    Default

    I can't really help you, but I wanted to point out that it's important to differentiate between what you want to be and what you really are.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

  9. #19
    Obliviously Mad Ashtart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caspar View Post
    I can't really help you, but I wanted to point out that it's important to differentiate between what you want to be and what you really are.
    Pretty much this.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"
    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].

  10. #20
    The Bat Man highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    21,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanonymous View Post
    So I'm pretty sure I'm an INFJ, but I want to see what anyone else thinks. Reasons I think I am an INFJ:

    Ni really speaks to me: This function...I love it. It is one I really identify with. Ni to me is a subconscious process that gathers information that the user has been exposed to and stores it. It has this magical ability to take bits and pieces of info and put them together for you, sometimes in the form of a sharp image. It just needs something to stimulate this sudden convergence of information. I think I am using this because I can skip ahead and immediately get what someone is talking about and is going to talk about by just hearing a few words. I get "told" with sudden images that appear in my mind. Everything is interconnected. Or when learning something I collect bits and pieces and then suddenly some new info creates a strong feeling in me and lets me understand a topic much better, it's like I connected everything automatically after that one new piece of info..that one stimuli was enough to get from the draft to the clearer picture. It's very energizing to get this feeling.

    Fe: I'll admit I'm no expert when it comes to this function, but I do think I use it. I have always been very expressive and I love showing passion and emotion when speaking. I have a very animated face which makes it hard to hide how I feel. Unless I'm really fatigued..then I'll just seem cold haha. I'm easily affected by the moods of the people around me. I get energized by a happy mood, people's positive and happy mood energizes me. I find it hard not to care about people's problems because I feel it's my duty to help them and I sometimes automatically get the same feeling that they give off. Hmm...what else...I have always been attracted to people who show they're passionate, who are expressive when speaking, who show emotion when speaking. I get sort of annoyed by people who have an expressionless face when speaking, like they're bored or something or have no feelings (I know of course that this is not true!). I think if people can just bother to understand one another then we'll all live more harmoniously, because it's (generally) easier to respect that which you understand.

    I know I am an introvert as my primary focus is on my own thoughts and my own inner world. That's my preference and it has been all my life I think.
    I can now conclude that, although I can relate somewhat to most other functions too, I am an INFJ

    Question: Something that is difficult to tell is if I'm using Fi more than Fe. I am religious and build my life around my religion, so I have trained myself to check any decision I make with my religion, as it involves most aspects of life. Though I don't decide what's right and wrong based on how I feel. I look for an objective way of doing so, through religion, research, etc. In other words, I don't trust myself as I trust the opinions of others, because I know others can have more knowledge and I know I am prone to mistakes, so I believe decisions should be made using the best resources and not primarily how I feel / or what I think.
    I could go with INFJ or ENFP. The "one more bit of info" thing is something I experience as well as an Ni dom. I collect lots of data points and then there is that moment in time that the insight hits me. It could be what you are explaining or it could be that it is Ne that is experiencing those perceptions which tend to be more of an emergent pattern. So from your description it's hard to tell. I understand ENFPs are the most introverted extraverts though I have known some who talk so much to make this observation ridiculous. I would think the attraction to passion, emotion, expressiveness is admiration of another who is like yourself. So there is that. I would lean towards ENFP based on functions but I think that dichotomies are a more accurate way of discerning type. Have you taken the MBTI Step 2?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Lauren Ashley liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] How does an INFJ show interest in someone?
    By AutumnReverie in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 10:31 AM
  2. Not sure if I'm an infj
    By gjvand09 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 01:17 PM
  3. [INFJ] When an INFJ moment unintentionally hurts someone
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
  4. Not an Infj. Not sure what though.
    By ReadingRainbows in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
  5. [INFJ] Bebe Le Strange : How to Spot an INFJ
    By Thursday in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO