• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which cognitive function would be the most assertive/authoritative

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Something I was thinking about.

from most to least what functions (Te, Se, etc.) would be the most authoritative or assertive?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would say Je, but moreso Te than Fe because I'm biased as an Fe type.

beloiseau

Te. Structure, focus on efficiency in their external world, and inferior Fi is the perfect combination for one intense individual!

I don't think Se doms care as much unless having an aux Fi agenda. Ne? Nah. Fe? Nope! ENFJs I've heard can be a bit bossy, though! ;)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Te. Structure, focus on efficiency in their external world, and inferior Fi is the perfect combination for one intense individual!

I don't think Se doms care as much unless having an aux Fi agenda. Ne? Nah. Fe? Nope! ENFJs I've heard can be a bit bossy, though! ;)

I agree with this. Definitely Te. Though Se doms with thinking can be assertive and authoritative as well.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with this. Definitely Te. Though Se doms with thinking can be assertive and authoritative as well.
In the right hands, Fe can give Te a run for its money, though.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Authoritative/assertive? Well that would go extrovert before introvert, judging before perception.

Te, Fe, Se, Ne. <--- probably the most stereotypical order.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Te, Fe, Se, Ne, Fi, Si, Ti, Ni

I'd argue that the introverted judging functions would still go before the introverted perception functions. Probably Fi, Ti, Si, Ni. None of the introverted judging functions are very likely to express their assertion if working alone, but Fi/Ti is far more likely to think others should fall in line with their beliefs (Fi) or system (Ti) whereas the perception functions are more interested in taking in information than evaluating how others do the same. Si dominants or auxiliaries only get the bossy stigma because their Si always works alongside an extroverted judging function, so their Si can seem overtly concerned with others.

XXSwagmaster420

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd argue that the introverted judging functions would still go before the introverted perception functions. Probably Fi, Ti, Si, Ni. None of the introverted judging functions are very likely to express their assertion if working alone, but Fi/Ti is far more likely to think others should fall in line with their beliefs (Fi) or system (Ti) whereas the perception functions are more interested in taking in information than evaluating how others do the same. Si dominants or auxiliaries only get the bossy stigma because their Si always works alongside an extroverted judging function, so their Si can seem overtly concerned with others.

Maybe this is just coincidence, but I've never seen a Ti dom or aux try to make everyone else fall in line with their system.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe this is just coincidence, but I've never seen a Ti dom or aux try to make everyone else fall in line with their system.

That's because we're talking about singular functions, not types. Ti or Fi types are not going to be as socially authoritative because they're always paired with an extroverted perception function and are introverted, but speaking exclusively, Ti is more assertive than Si because it's a judging function.

None of the introverted functions are going to try and make others fall in line with their system. The extroverted functions are the ones that carry out social interaction and decision-making, hence why introverted looping will create a hermit-like antisocial individual with different hints of bitterness. Judging the introverted functions from who is most likely to believe people should fall in line with them, both Ti and Fi are up there. The order doesn't really matter because they're both introverted judging, so either Fi, Ti, Si, Ni or Ti, Fi, Si, Ni.

Although personal experience is not a reliable source, for the sake of it I will say that I have met many domineering high Ti users. Most paired with Se, but they're out there. They tend to let it show more in a workplace environment rather than social.

XXSwagmaster420

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That's because we're talking about singular functions, not types. Ti or Fi types are not going to be as socially authoritative because they're always paired with an extroverted perception function and are introverted, but speaking exclusively, Ti is more assertive than Si because it's a judging function.

None of the introverted functions are going to try and make others fall in line with their system. The extroverted functions are the ones that carry out social interaction and decision-making, hence why introverted looping will create a hermit-like antisocial individual with different hints of bitterness. Judging the introverted functions from who is most likely to believe people should fall in line with them, both Ti and Fi are up there. The order doesn't really matter because they're both introverted judging, so either Fi, Ti, Si, Ni or Ti, Fi, Si, Ni.

Although personal experience is not a reliable source, for the sake of it I will say that I have met many domineering high Ti users. Most paired with Se, but they're out there. They tend to let it show more in a workplace environment rather than social.

Fair enough. Though from a theoretical perspective I also thought that Ti was about making systems that are largely internal in their logic. And I guess I didn't see that as much because I have seen obvious examples of assertive Fi.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fair enough. Though from a theoretical perspective I also thought that Ti was about making systems that are largely internal in their logic. And I guess I didn't see that as much because I have seen obvious examples of assertive Fi.

Perhaps personal type as well. I sense more assertion from interaction with Ti users, I assume a Ti user would also feel more conflict from Fi users. Type clashing is the most likely culprit.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Te

and Se-Ni makes a person aggressive and authoritative.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Se mixed with Ni gives a person an aggressive attitude. I read an article based how functions influence people's attitude. SP may have an aggressive attitude therefore may come across as assertive and authoritative.

Ne-Si are childlike
Si-Ne are caregivers
Se-Ni are agressive
Socionics - the16types.info - Socionics Romancing Styles
Aggressor - Wikisocion

It's definitely an interesting theory. Although I haven't met many aggressive Se-Ni users, I will say that they are far more direct and can seem crude if you don't know them well. I always accounted this more towards their Te tertiary, but ENFP's I've met seem to lack it.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It's definitely an interesting theory. Although I haven't met many aggressive Se-Ni users, I will say that they are far more direct and can seem crude if you don't know them well. I always accounted this more towards their Te tertiary, but ENFP's I've met seem to lack it.
The aggressive attitude SPs might have manifest in more subtle ways among timid SPs.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The aggressive attitude SPs might have manifest in more subtle ways among timid SPs.

Perhaps so, or the mindset is there but usually left unexpressed. I wouldn't really say aggressive as much as direct though.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te, Fe and Se tied, Fi, Ne, Ti, Si, Ni