User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Ive not experienced Te as an asshole function, though I find its outward certainty galling at times.

I have no idea how to use Te myself, but in my experience Te users (especially STJs) are very patient when teaching you a new skill. My grandfather is an ISTJ, and he really breaks things down for me. Mind you, I don't like learning that way, but I appreciate the effort and care.

Eta: Oh and I find they are a bit like Fe users in that they seem to really like having something to offer you (in terms of skills, expertise, advice, etc).
    So you mean it may be inferior Fi causing this? The push back of feelings until the lack of working through them functionally just causes a build up until the anger and the ass hole and frustration just continuosly simmer on top.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    So you mean it may be inferior Fi causing this? The push back of feelings until the lack of working through them functionally just causes a build up until the anger and the ass hole and frustration just continuosly simmer on top.
    It could be. I have a similar assholeish thing with my Fe. Though I think Te-Fi tends to get frustrated a lot, and have more small blow-ups, while Ti-Fe rage seems to take a lot longer and create a bigger blow up. What do you think?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    It could be. I have a similar assholeish thing with my Fe. Though I think Te-Fi tends to get frustrated a lot, and have more small blow-ups, while Ti-Fe rage seems to take a lot longer and create a bigger blow up. What do you think?
    I dont think size of blowup is related to E vs I. Its how we find to handle our inferior. Or the opposite function. Much more important deciding factors and E/I or I/E is minimal to non existant deciding factor of size of blowup.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1dw sp/so

I don't think I'm an asshole when I use my Te (which is always), but I have been told that I have "resting commanding tone" - meaning, I sound like I'm telling people what to do, even when I don't intend to. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though sometimes people need time to get used to it. Especially when they're unaccustomed to experiencing "resting commanding tone" from women.

I also tone it down with more sensitive people. Per the below...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Consider the wants and needs of others when measuring that effectiveness.
    ^ This.

And in even more Te terms: consider that acknowledging the wants and needs of others is more likely to get you what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh yes, ENFPs and their tertiary, the ol' Te hammer. The answer is, no, not at first. The thing is, when we start using it, it startles and scares people, and scares ourselves. And honestly, we're not very good at it, at first. But with practice you'll get better, you'll never have a Te scalpel, though.
    TBH I don't know if anyone can ever have a Te scalpel. Maybe a Te chisel at best.
    ”We know a little about a lot of things; just enough to make us dangerous.”

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1dw + sp/so + 14? tritype (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I don't think I'm an asshole when I use my Te (which is always), but I have been told that I have "resting commanding tone" - meaning, I sound like I'm telling people what to do, even when I don't intend to. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though sometimes people need time to get used to it. Especially when they're unaccustomed to experiencing "resting commanding tone" from women.
    This is true of me as well. As an I, I might be less inclined to say anything at all, but when I do, it often comes across as quite directive. As for people not taking it well coming from a woman, I haven't noticed that, but doesn't mean it isn't happening. That is the sort of thing I can be quite oblivious of.

TBH I don't know if anyone can ever have a Te scalpel. Maybe a Te chisel at best.
    I have been accused of using a Te scalpel, on several occasions, but then much of the precision of a scalpel lies in the vision that guides it. Yet another case of functions not acting in a vacuum, but influenced by all the other functions working in concert with it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

This is a helpful thread, since I've been experiencing some assholish behavior from myself as well and wondering what to do about it. I've been doing it as an alternative to being a chump, so it's not like I can just say, "Metis, don't be an asshole" and expect that to solve anything.

In theory, I'm not Te-anything unless it's a "shadow function," and maybe it's a tertiary-to-inferior Fe thing, that is, assuming that the cognitive functions work that way. In any case. I'd like to learn how to be a better, more effective, and WISER asshole. Some of the most helpful encounters I've had were with people who were being assholes in appropriately well-intended ways. In other words -- not being assholes at all, really, but willing to risk coming across as assholes by not kissing MY ass or trying to cover theirs.

And I didn't necessarily show any appreciation for their taking the trouble.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Te is perceived as an Asshole??

Ti's the scalpel function (precision). Te's more like a cleaver or hammer (concision).
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Which function is the lightsaber?
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Which function is the lightsaber?
    Fi
    нєισтяσριc