breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh yes, ENFPs and their tertiary, the ol' Te hammer. The answer is, no, not at first. The thing is, when we start using it, it startles and scares people, and scares ourselves. And honestly, we're not very good at it, at first. But with practice you'll get better, you'll never have a Te scalpel, though.
    But at least ENFPs can get better at using Te than IXFPs....
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    And thank god for that. Active Te coupled with Fi would be a nightmare; can you imagine what could happen if an INFP was dissatisfied with you for for not being a unicorn, and then actually, really, deciding to do something about it?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

And thank god for that. Active Te coupled with Fi would be a nightmare; can you imagine what could happen if an INFP was dissatisfied with you for for not being a unicorn, and then actually, really, deciding to do something about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    ^ assholes
    Likes Ghost, Metis liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

I know exactly what it is to be around a IXFP who is fully engaged in her weak Te.....it ain't pretty or fun to experience....
    “Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“It is clear that thought is not free if the profession of certain opinions makes it impossible to earn a living. It is clear also that thought is not free if all the arguments on one side of a controversy are perpetually presented as attractively as possible, while the arguments on the other side can only be discovered by diligent search.”

― Bertrand Russell, Sceptical Essays

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Is it possible to effectively use Te without coming across as an asshole?

I am an ENFP (with well-developed Te) and my father is an ENTJ. So I've been on the giving and receiving end of Te asshole-dom. Has anyone else noticed this about Te? Anyone have any tips on how to balance Te's need for effectiveness with the needs of the people around you?
    Listen to zig ziglar. Lots of positive Te . An awesome motivational speaker.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I have an ESTJ real estate agent thats not an ass hole. He has pretty much just accepted life is and people are crazy and laugh about it...not them. He gets upset, but its short lived as he resorts back to his laughing enjoying life self.
    This is a large part of what I do. Also accepting that not everyone needs corrected/fixed even if I know they are wrong. It isn't my job to educate everyone around me. It my job to keep my own shit together.
    Likes Metis, IBleedPumpkinJuice liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Madboot View Post
    This is a large part of what I do. Also accepting that not everyone needs corrected/fixed even if I know they are wrong. It isn't my job to educate everyone around me. It my job to keep my own shit together.
    Not to mention not everyone has same priorities or desires. My dad has many times disagreed with me because he cared more about cons then i did or more about pros then i did. I never disagreed with out come, i just didnt care.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes IBleedPumpkinJuice liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Madboot View Post
    Yeah this was hard but necessary to accept. They can get their own shit together.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Yama, IBleedPumpkinJuice liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Make everything you command sound as if it were an option?

If not, know that they signed a contract lel.

Lel LelLel Lel