• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your favorite and least favorite types? Please explain.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
...I just don't seem to get along with extroverts in general, but in particular, EST types. EXFJ types have a way of making my hair stand on end sometimes, but that's slightly more tolerable.

I THINK the people i've been having most productive discussions with lately are likely INTJs. It's literally just one string of INTJ after another. They're good at reading meanings, I'm ... well, looking at details to verify or debunk that meaning. And we're evidence oriented people.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I probably never got close to a close relationship with the ESFJ soccer mom types or frat bots. I don't think I have actively dislike them in real life but we weren't exactly close.

rav3n

Yes, I do. Of course.
Excuse me, though, I wasn't really refering to emotions per se. I didn't explain myself properly (see above), I guess.
To summarize, gender role expectations even though you're claiming it's not.

Eftelya

To summarize, gender role expectations even though you're claiming it's not.

That wasn't "gender role expectations". I wrote half a novel to prevent people from thinking so, but if you are still not content with my reply, then that's on you. ;)

rav3n

Sure.
I should have explained myself better in the first place, I guess.
Though, English isn't my first language, so explaining can surely be a bit... challenging at times. Pardon me in advance. :shrug:

I do know, however, that most XNTJ women I have had the pleasure to come across, could've been just unhealthy examples of their type (as I've seen with my own), so my original statement might just as well be nothing but nonsense formed by my inexperience in this field, who knows. I did not really have traditional gender expectations in mind, though. Please don't misinterpret. More like a certain, noticed (dis)comfort on their behalf. I have found NT and TJ women (with the exception of most INTPs) to be much harder on themselves than feelers. Female NFs/FJs seem to find comfort, confidence, and a certain reassurance in their "own, little, idealistic worlds". They enjoy emotions and feelings and usually see it as a necessity of life, something to strive for, whereas NT women struggle more on this part and view it as nothing less than a duress or a restraint from what's really important in life. They just appear more in conflict with themselves than most other females. I don't think of it as gender expectation, but it is (MBTI aside, please) common knowledge that the women tend to be the more emotionally driven (not always, obviously. I'm not trying to generalize), whereas men tend to be the more logical gender. Which doesn't mean they aren't or can't be just as sentimental or idealistic, or vice versa.

And from own experience, many female NTs (STs, STJs,....) tend to find that distressing or deplorable. The simple thought of lacking so much as control and discipline as us, seems to irritate them, haha. :content: I think this is why I've found myself clashing and in rater disharmonic situations with so many.
Not with the men though. They are much harder on themselves and struggle internally more than their male fellows, which seem to handle their rational nature much better. So pardon me, (if I'm allowed to elaborate myself this rudely) I just find some types appear a bit misplaced (a little unnatural, almost)... in my completely personal opinion. That's what I meant prior. Similar the difference between female NFs and male NFs. But as I said, I don't want to cause injustice, because I am aware that I don't speak of the majority, but a minority I have encountered. So I might just as well be nothing more than a little nitwit who likes to think of herself as much too clever sometimes. :sorry: Because there are just as many of those mentioned above, that just harmonize perfectly well with their type. I also think that ENFJs seem to be in perfect balance. So do NTPs. I hope I could somewhat make sense of myself, lol. And I don't mind the beating I'm probs gonna get for this from some people, lmao.

Forgive me for that long ass novel, by the way. :blush:

That wasn't "gender role expectations". I wrote half a novel to prevent people from thinking so, but if you are still not content with my reply, then that's on you. ;)
The bolded are gender role expectations for females. You're presuming conflict because in your mind, females should be thinking and behaving like [insert gender role expectations of irrational female] and because T females (except for INTPs) don't think and behave as irrational females, they must be in conflict.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably never got close to a close relationship with the ESFJ soccer mom types or frat bots. I don't think I have actively dislike them in real life but we weren't exactly close.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have favorite or least favorite types as much as favorite and least favorite people of certain types. I can get on with pretty much anyone.

Eftelya

The bolded are gender role expectations for females. You're presuming conflict because in your mind, females should be thinking and behaving like [insert gender role expectations of irrational female] and because T females (except for INTPs) don't think and behave as irrational females, they must be in conflict.

How is it an expectation when I'm talking about personal experience? How female NTJs act and behave around me versus their male fellas? That's not expecting anything, but a mere observation. Two different things. And it's not a secret that female differs from male. Pointing out the obvious differences (note that I had originally said not always, as in the "minority that I have encountered"), and saying that I simply think some types tend to be MBTI-wise unhealthier based on gender. Another observation. Female INTJs differ from the male INTJs I have met, mostly because the ones I have known, tended to be unhealthy. Another thing I had stated above. They absolutely oppose personality-wise. Where have I requested for a certain gender role? That's not correct either.

And from own experience, many female NTs (STs, STJs,....) tend to find that distressing or deplorable. The simple thought of lacking so much as control and discipline as us, seems to irritate them, haha. I think this is why I've found myself clashing and in rater disharmonic situations with so many. Hm, so what? the NTJs in my circles were, in fact, thrown off by my extreme idealistic nature. I don't see where I had, in any way, tried to make anyone believe I had a certain gender expectation by saying this?

Now, I don't know why I need to explain my statement this precisely. OP wanted our most and least favorite types with a reasoning, I did this. Easy as that. No more explanation needed here from my side.

rav3n

How is it an expectation when I'm talking about personal experience? How female NTJs act and behave around me versus their male fellas? That's not expecting anything, but a mere observation. Two different things. And it's not a secret that female differs from male. Pointing out the obvious differences (note that I had originally said not always, as in the "minority that I have encountered"), and saying that I simply think some types tend to be MBTI-wise unhealthier based on gender. Another observation. Female INTJs differ from the male INTJs I have met, mostly because the ones I have known, tended to be unhealthy. Another thing I had stated above. They absolutely oppose personality-wise. Where have I requested for a certain gender role? That's not correct either.

And from own experience, many female NTs (STs, STJs,....) tend to find that distressing or deplorable. The simple thought of lacking so much as control and discipline as us, seems to irritate them, haha. I think this is why I've found myself clashing and in rater disharmonic situations with so many. Hm, so what? the NTJs in my circles were, in fact, thrown off by my extreme idealistic nature. I don't see where I had, in any way, tried to make anyone believe I had a certain gender expectation by saying this?

Now, I don't know why I need to explain my statement this precisely. OP wanted our most and least favorite types with a reasoning, I did this. Easy as that. No more explanation needed here from my side.
Sure, you claimed conflict with T females but you also claimed that we're in conflict with ourselves. That's why I bolded the prior quote, so you would understand what part I was addressing, your expectation that Ts are in conflict with ourselves because of your belief that females should think and behave in gender role expectations, hence when we don't, we're magically in conflict.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The gender-based expectations are not yours, and I am not denying your experience of female vs. male INTJs. I am pointing out that the differences you see are likely due to the different reactions that female INTJs get vs. males of the type, or female F types, rather than some inherent difference between female and male INTJs. The statement that "women and men are different" is tautological yet meaningless. I have yet to see anyone point out scientifically established differences that apply across the board and are significant enough to override type. As I already pointed out, what you identify as gender differences (women are more emotional, men are more logical) are in fact F/T differences. If male INTJs seem more comfortable with the type, it is probably because they have been given far less grief about it throughout their life.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've meant or seen videos of ESTJs who think entirely in black-and-white. I even had an ESTJ teacher at one point who had a lot of those traits, but at the same time, she was surprisingly funny and forgiving. So I guess they're not all that bad. :)

Ti without Ne. xSTP. :)

Fi == Ti
Fe == Te

Difference F = personal and T = impersonal
So as Fi is good and bad judgment (attack on someone's morality) Ti is black and white judgment like "you are stupid and I am Einstein." (attack on someone's skills)

Herwig

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so
Favorite ENTJ. Least ESFJ.

ESFJ can be annoying
ENTJ i like them how they talk or explain things. And how they interact with the world and with people in general.
Some of them don't do. For example don't talk clearly or explain "why" or not even explain what they mean by what they have said. This ones less.