• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Tertiary plus Inferior = Anxiety

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I shall attempt another thread on a forum where newbies are valued more highly than long-standing members who have devoted many precious hours toward keeping this slowly decaying forum alive, and has helped [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] on many occasions where the moderators were simply not paying attention or didn't care.

I'll assume that everybody here knows what 'tertiary' and 'inferior' functions are, and how the function stackings work.

I'll start with the type I identify most with, INTP (although IxTP is more applicable based purely on the MBTI dichotomy system).

INTP has Si tertiary and Fe inferior. I'll simplify that for convenience and call it a "shadow ISFJ." What this means is that Si and Fe are relatively unhealthy functions, and that Si is more developed than Fe. The greatest source of anxiety is Fe (more appropriately entitled "social anxiety"). Si, which symbolizes the past and requires concrete representations of it, is distinctly absent except in the form of specific memories which are aimed at destroying self-esteem. They are semi-concrete representations of failure at handling social relationships.

The internal ISFJ personality consists of visual memories of failed social interactions which serve as negative reminders of a specific form of incompetence: social incompetence, which entails a dislike of being socially responsible, and reminders in memory form of specific moments of failure.

Truth: those memories are not moments of failure, but instances to learn from.

--

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know how the thread title came up with [Kiersey] because that's definitely not what I chose.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ has "Shadow ISFP" (Fi tertiary and Se inferior). This person does not move in the direction of random perceptions (e.g., "I see it; therefore, I want it"), but has definite goals in mind. But along with this comes a fear of randomness and chaos possibly to the point of ataxophobia and OCPD or OCD. They would also find the flowing thought-processes, such as those of the INTP, also very disturbing.

Fi tertiary gives them a certain curiosity about the merely human approach to things, but it is a subject approached with great caution as the INTJ type tends to exemplify those who have a passion for hating people in general.

There is only one place in the universe where peace, serenity, and logical perfection are possible: in the mind of the INTJ.

Truth: It is possible to maintain serenity without forcing other people to better themselves in your eyes.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any feedback is welcome, any at all.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP has "Shadow ESTJ." Si being the inferior function, ENFPs hate being controlled and dislike authority. Like Robin Williams, their lives may be "coordinated" by pure spontaneity. But this is only because they have no inner lives to speak of, or if they do, it is a very depressed one. Although spontaneous, ENFPs can also be very controlling of their external environment, especially that of other people. At times, it seems like other people become extensions of themselves. But where an ESTJ (their shadow type) uses people for an external purpose (such as getting a job done), the ENFP becomes a master manipulator, using others to bring quiet to their internal chaos.

The internal life of an ENFP type consists of a lack of identity. This type may seek out personality typologies and other external gimmicks to help lend them a stronger sense of internal control. ENFPs may seem to lack goal orientation, but in fact they do have goals, and these are controlled by the ESTJ shadow. An ENFP type may flit from job to job, but that is only because of a quest to find the perfect job. They mistakenly believe that the answer to internal lack of identity is found externally. But since there is no perfection in the external world, they end up continually frustrated.

Truth: you are perfect just the way you are.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP has a "Shadow ENTJ."

Translate my description of ENFP in the post above into ESFP terms, but consider that where the ENFP is intellectually busy the ESFP is physically busy. Because hiding in the shadows of this personality type, ENTJ is the director of the play that is the ESFP's inwardly anxious nature.

Unfortunately, this anxiety is usually repressed out of consciousness through being controlled by another. This will involve a subtle manipulative effort to convince a partner into controlling them. At its extremes, the ESFP becomes a sensation-addict whose sense of ENTJ control comes from a bizarre Ni (meaning, unconsciously symbolic) lifestyle of being physically and emotionally abused in either controlled or semi-controlled environments. Being slapped in the face means "I love you" to such an ESFP. At a minimum though, there will be relationship problems involving the ESFP running away in emotional pain and then subtly manipulating the partner into luring them back. A relationship with a sensation-addicted ESFP will definitely constitute an intense roller coaster ride of pain and pleasure, punishment and rewards.

Truth: Control comes from within you in the form of self-control.