• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the Sx last monologue a real thing?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From what I have picked up from conversations on Discord regarding stackings i have noticed a few people attribute having Sx last with monologues and talking at people. I did some research on this since its a pattern ive noticed myself with IRL people who are Sx last and they do tend to ramble :D. I was unable to find anything about stacking and conversation style in any offcial resources online so I pose this question as a debate.

The big question here is how does each stacking interact and interlink with people around them?.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you post the links to your research?

I'm curious, as I sometimes have a tendency to ramble and I might be an Sx last.

Gone

Have you ever seen me ramble?

(Serious question. My self perception is shit.)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't always happen with me but when it does I'm like an uncorked upside down bottle and don't always catch myself doing it right away. Then when I do realize I'm doing it I can become embarrassed and self-conscious, especially if other people point it out. I don't get embarrassed often but when I do, I get really embarrassed, like red in the face.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Cannot confirm. My dad is NOT sx last, and he monologues like he's putting on a play. He can do it for hours and hours and hours at you.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really have any case studies in front of me on that kind of thing.

Just based on the tendencies of each, though... SX is the most "personal" of the three in terms of the needs it is trying to fulfill... one on one, deep/intense connection. So you're trying to swap deep pieces of information; you can't build intimate connections by always being in dissemination mode.

SP first is self-contained and isn't looking necessarily to take in information, and SO tends to be information-disseminating / building status in group by contribution.

ANyway, as a hypothesis, it seems to make sense; but not sure of any confirmation studies.

Also, situation/context can sometimes dominate. For example, due to my problems with small talk, if I am talking to someone else who is less skilled than me, I can get anxious and just talk too much as a way to deal, but that's not my favored approach -- it's just a strategy that pops up in that context, to try to establish a connection so we can switch to some other communication style.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Could you post the links to your research?

I'm curious, as I sometimes have a tendency to ramble and I might be an Sx last.

These are the pages I primarily conducted my research on.

Basic and Type Stackings | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

soc/sp
This type is often the most comfortable in group settings, but tends to be a bit formal and awkward in one to one relations. This is the natural political type, affiliating themselves with groups or theories which best defend their social and material interests. They may lack warmth and individual identity and this could lead to problems in forming meaningful relationships outside of a shared social interest. The motivation for this type is to attain status within their chosen sphere – the “social climber.”

sp/soc
This type is generally private and reserved, and especially serious and practical minded in their focus to gain material security and in making useful connections that support their goals. When they do form a connection, loyalty is very important to them and they will not hesitate to end a relationship on grounds of disloyalty. This type may lack a certain degree of interpersonal warmth which can give the impression of coldness or disinterest in others, even a sense of selfishness. May be drawn to groups that attract like minded individuals, as in business clubs or volunteer organizations where a shared professional culture can facilitate social bonds. They tend to live conservatively and dress in an inconspicuously appropriate fashion befitting their status in life. May have a characteristically blunt and direct style of communication that can take others some getting used to. They are particularly strong in matters of commitment and sacrifice, and enjoy being the benefactors in assisting society’s practical needs.

The Enneagram Blogspot: Instinctual Variant Stackings

I can sort of see how they could be ramblers as Sx is about connections dn from the above it seems both Sx last stacking are to a degree dependent on a non-emotional or "soulful" means of connecting themselves with others so they may not be used to a more two way intimate interaction style and therefore monologue. I theroize Sx lasts ether tend to monologue or say nothing and purely listen in a one to one convo with So/Sps tending more to the former and Sp/So to the latter.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Have you ever seen me ramble?

(Serious question. My self perception is shit.)

Nah you dont ramble at all so maybe this is more a So/Sp thing than a Sp/So though you do fall into the other side of the Sx last spectrum at times as I mentioned earlier which is a theory I made up on the spot based on patterns :) (I.e just listening and not adding to the convo while I So/Sp monologue you :happy2:). I think both the Sx lasts can have awkwardness in one to one relationships and I wonder if Sx lasts are the folks who are for polygamy since they can then treat relationships like a social group not a one to one thing (Again totes a spontaneous theory:).

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is probably a matter of how one defines rambling. If there's no point or edge to this monologue, then yes, perhaps Sx-driven individuals aren't prone to it.

However! If I hit upon a charged topic, I'll run with it, tackle it, and then beat it to death with pleasure.

For example - just today, my boyfriend paid a visit to a retail outlet, browsing sports merchandise in hopes of finding a birthday gift for his dad. He commented on how there were so many extra shirts and jerseys bearing the name of an NFL quarterback who doesn't play locally, but was born and raised in that particular city. Without a second thought, I plunged into an artful, five-minute tirade about how I've never encountered a more boring athlete.

My boyfriend actually started laughing around three minutes into my rant, because I was so invested in describing exactly how off-putting I find this guy's (perfectly wholesome, beige, vanilla, average, dogs-and-yard-and-picket-fence) personality. As far as I know, he's a decent human being, but the chemical recoil is so powerful that I can't stop myself whenever it comes up.

For some, that could easily count as rambling. And I do that kind of thing (vehemently word-vomiting my likes/dislikes if they arise in conversation) quite a lot.