• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are INTP's better scientist than ESFJ's?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Let's assume the two types are super smarty pants. INTP and ESFJ have all of the same functions just in inverse order. Anything ESFJ can do anything an INTP can do. ESFJ have Ne-Ti. Ne picks up interconnections to contexts and Ti finds faults and inconsistency. So Ne can search for ideas and Ti is used to find faults in the idea. So theoretically speaking, ESFJ can be theorist like INTP since ESFJ use Ne and Ti too.

However, I was wondering INTP are simply better scientist because INTP use Te and Ni. Te is just used to judge efficiency of an idea. Ni foresees the implications of an idea. ESFJ don't use Te and Ni. ESFJ use Fi and Se. Fi is largely useless for science. How is asking how I feel useful in physics unless one were concerned about the ethnics of cloning or something?

So are INTP better at science because they use Te and Ni?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly I don't think it needs to be this complicated. Even if INTP and ESFJ have the same functions, that doesn't mean one can do anything the other can do. One's dominant is the other's inferior and vice versa. Right from the outset they will have opposite strengths, regardless of whether they have the same functions.