• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the difference between ESTP and ESFP

am_i_evil666

Did you read my post up above? If you're trying to decide whether you're ESTP or ESFP it's the place to start. If you're trying to decide that about other people, it's really hard.

it's harder to decide what your own type is than other person's type. :run:

but to help the original poster, i have this unique system: :wubbie:
let's say it's your birthday. you receive a present from your friends, but you totally hate it. what do you do?
- ask them for the receipt in order to change it :newwink:
- say you totally love it, but hide it in the most remote corner of your home. :smoke:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
GOD would you guys please just STOP with the ESTP hate? there are plenty of good points for an ESTP, just because you guys happen to know some of the more annoying ESTP's shouldn't make you jump to that conclusion in general. why i find it pretty undesirable too. i treat everybody with respect so i really don't feel like i need to treat half the population with any sort of special treatment. this view is too often talked about on these forums.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Oh Boy, I'm really confused! It sounds like most of you think esfp are not truthful and hypocrites...

So how can you tell the difference between an f and and a t? if they both care about values?
It's best to research it on your own and ignore the stereotype-spewing people here.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
GOD would you guys please just STOP with the ESTP hate? there are plenty of good points for an ESTP, just because you guys happen to know some of the more annoying ESTP's shouldn't make you jump to that conclusion in general. why i find it pretty undesirable too. i treat everybody with respect so i really don't feel like i need to treat half the population with any sort of special treatment. this view is too often talked about on these forums.

Thank you for adding this. All types can be fabulous people and all types have a significant percentage of total jerks, in the unique jerkiness of that type...

This month I'm actually celebrating my 27th wedding anniversary with my ESTP spouse. ESTPs are just as likely to be gems as other types--although perhaps not quite as likely to be as self-righteous as some...:devil:

am_i_evil666

God, people are making fun in here. :doh: ( at least, I was...) It's not like if you find out someone is ESTP, you treat him differently or you think he's an idiot just for being ESTP. Yes, there are ESTPs and ESFP full of wonderful qualities and also annoying ones, just like with any other type. :cheese: