• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rational or Irrational?

Base on your MBTI type you are...

• Rational

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Irrational

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
All MBTI types which have imagination (Ni,Ne) and sensing (Se,Si) as dominate function are irrational ones...:happy2:
and all types which have ethics (Fi,Fe) and thinking (Ti,Te) are rational one. :wink:

Why?
How reasonable can be N or S?
Ni says "This is it!" :D and Ne says "This could be but this could be too and aslo this could me...hey...this... :blush:"
Si says "I live in the way as my parents and their parents lived. I remember!" :shock: and Se says "Why you live if you are not live your life to the fullest?" Slaanesh. :smile:
So all N and S are about satisfying of your ego! They haven't nothing to do with reason! :blush:

On contrary let's see ethics and thinking...
Fi says "I live to inspire others. I have my own code what is right and wrong! :happy2: and Fe says: "I live to take care of others. I do things to made all happy." :wubbie:
Ti says "Why should you think about something which you can't understand? " and Te says "Why should you put effort of your brain into something which is useless?"
So all F and T are about understanding of something or someone. :)

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very stereotypical function descriptions, but yeah this is consistent with Jung's rational/irrational dichotomy.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well INTJs are called the forsaken idealist for reason and ENTPs are called "I want try everything OP douchebags" for same reason. :blush:
Imagination as primary function makes your brain such a mass. :bye:

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Intuition and Sensing are more properly described as arational.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well, that's a very simplistic explanation but I'm a Ni user so my answer is irrational.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
This is the easiest self identification rational/irrational of Jungian psychological types:

Q: How do you identify yourself as a rational/irrational types or plausible or non plausible types?
A: when you (the ego) habitually raise question that begins with "Why" on habitual basis, and try finding the answer, then you (the ego) strive to arrive at judgement, You are identified as a Jungian rational types dominant (Ti, Te, Fe, Fi). Extrovert Judger (Te and Fe with introvert perceptions) ENTJ, ESFJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, tends to do this habitually.
But if not. You do not spend the most of your life raise question that begins with “why” on daily basis, you are identified as a irrational types dominant (Ni, Ne, Si, Se).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
S and N are not trying to feed ego or something like that. Functions used with awareness are used by ego. Undeveloped functions are led by and mixed with complexes(that are built on archetypes) lead ego unconsciously without its awareness. Lower functions need to be developed for this reason. That requires ego to bow down infront of what seems like its inferior and after that the lower functions can be developed properly and then they stop controlling ego and become part of it, same time growing it but making it more humble. Then the ego will not be led on so badly and it has other things to choose from than what it was only aware of before

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Another one that signifies your rational psychological function is being exercised is that : if you get conscious in the expression of If-Then .

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is no right and wrong, and perspective can create rationality and irrationality. Therefor no one is rational or irrational, and yet both at the same time. We are all either rational or irrational in someone's perspective

whateverr

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no right and wrong, and perspective can create rationality and irrationality. Therefor no one is rational or irrational, and yet both at the same time. We are all either rational or irrational in someone's perspective
I'd say this gets closer to jung's explanations. Everyone can think, everyone can feel, everyone can sense and everyone can guess. So saying that being x function dominant makes you rational or irrational doesn't really make any sense. But i get the op's point, though. When i joke about being an Ni user to people that think that Ni is "mystic", magical and incredible (or some other myers-briggs stereotyped/mis-interpreted bullsh*t) i kinda use the same argument as it was used in the op lol
I saw this video, and it really hit home. Skip to about 1:50. The first 2 minutes or so they are telling about people about the cryonics "freezing dead people to revive them in a hundred years from now thing" to make a point about intuiting.