• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are some types harder to pinpoint because of a larger spectrum?

Antibirth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The question may seem weird, what I mean is: basically every type has its archetypes like the INTP who is supposed to be a guy hating everyone and playing WoW. Or the ESFP being a complete moron who can just drink, party and lift weights.
Those archetypes aren't necessary completely wrong but not everyone in those types is like that.
An INTP can very well be similar to an ENTP or an INFP, some types can look similar and some are in fact very similar from the outside.
BUt is it the case for every type? I still take the INTP example : there is in my opinion several kinds or types of INTP (it can apply to other NT types or simply Intuitives in general) . It's a large spectrum on a very narrow population.
But is it the same for let's say ISTJ, or S types in general? (not starting a S vs N war there)
Are some types more prone to be similar to each other of the same type? And some more different while being the same type?
I hope my question is clear, I'm writing as I think about it so it can be a bit unclear. And I hope the english isn't too bad, I'm writing on my phone keyboard .

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are definitely different variations of the different mbti types. Especially when you combine the different personality theorems, this becomes evident. For example, combine mbti and enneagram. Technically, since each mbti type can be any enneatype, an INTP 4w5 and an INTP 6w7 for example, would look very different, a type 4 INTP would be more introspective and emotional, resembling an INFP, while an INTP 6w7 might be more ambiverted and scattered, resembling an ENTP. When you have more atypical combinations of typing, perhaps IxFJ 8/7 or INTP 1, typing oneself or others may be more difficult since traditional type descriptions wouldn't exactly match up.