• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do high IQ xNTx individuals use a dominant mix of Ne Ni Te Ti in no specific order?

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
I checked out your Instagram, and I do seem to find commonalities between NT artists. I forget his name, but he posted in the TypoC Art Gallery, and he's INTJ. Well, his artwork is similar to yours, but without color and they're pencil drawings. Both of you use literal forms and shapes. Your work is certainly Ne whereas his is what I imagine would be the expression of Ni, as he also has whimsical imagery, but not so "random" appearing. It's hard to describe, but it's rather obvious to me, and perhaps you'd be able to pick up what I'm trying to describe.

You can check out my Instagram of photography (blwells_photogrpahy). I also posted some other work of mine in that Art Gallery thread. I like abstracting forms and tend to express some vision in whatever I do. Perhaps a generalized type could be seen in my photography and work? :shrug:

I liked your work btw! I spent a fair amount of time just looking them over and taking them in.

Thanks alot for taking the time.
Unfortunately I am unable to find your photography can you send a link?

I see my styles being more Ne as well but the overall pattern of "randomness" in most pieces are anything but random ;) All art I create can be tied to the hierarchical nature of duality in the universe.
But then again, what isn't..

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thanks alot for taking the time. Unfortunately I am unable to find your photography can you send a link? I see my styles being more Ne as well but the overall pattern of "randomness" in most pieces are anything but random ;) All art I create can be tied to the hierarchical nature of duality in the universe. But then again, what isn't..
What is considered "random" to an observer is never random to an Ne user, that is certain :D

I'll have to link you once I get home. I believe I have a link to my page on my Typo Profile page though.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Today on: One of THOSE NT threads.

ITT: Let's brag about how special and how smart we are :) :) :) I'll start, I have an IQ of 255 and am one of the rarest types in MBTI (INTJ). Today a bunch of preps stared at me. I put my middle finger up at them. hbu?????

If you were special you'd understand.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
What is considered "random" to an observer is never random to an Ne user, that is certain :D

I'll have to link you once I get home. I believe I have a link to my page on my Typo Profile page though.

I feel like a mix of ENTJ ENTP and INTJ, not so much INTP.
I understand function theory yet still feel pretty clear on it. I relate to ENTP and Ne as well, but Im not of the "scatter brained" disorganized shade, If that makes sense.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tumblr_nozr9aXL581uwc8gyo1_500.jpg

rav3n

Judging by your artwork, you're an ENTP. Heavy Ne, Ti and Si in it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Judging by your artwork, you're an ENTP. Heavy Ne, Ti and Si in it.

Yeap, the guy doesn't strike me as a Te dom. I even think that enneagram is more likely to be 7w8 or 3w4. (and 8w7 is just a gut fix)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It measures certain aspects of the intellectual abilities of average joes. It doesn't measure intellectual abilities in a wholistic way.

The areas of intelligence IQ measures does correlate well with Te/Ti and Ne/Ni ways of thinking. My point is that there are also forms of intelligence that correlate to Fe/Fi and Se/Si that are not measured on the IQ test.

To be honest I don't agree fully with this, Ni can perhaps be involved in intelligence tests but Te ... not really. Te with support of Ni would go: if I have 3 lines why I have to choose the line out of presented object? Why can't I pick a circle instead ? What would I lose or gain by picking a circle ? Do these symbols even have a meaning !? What is the point of making symmetry ? What is the point of this test, after all whatever I pick that doesn't change anything measureable in this world and therefore any answer can technically be the correct one.

What is probably related with the fact that the most intelligent people tend to be pretty bad problem solvers in space and time.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Yeap, the guy doesn't strike me as a Te dom. I even think that enneagram is more likely to be 7w8 or 3w4. (and 8w7 is just a gut fix)

Certainly not a 7w8 or 3w4.
Usually score highest in Ne Te and Ni often getting an undefined result. I can relate to ENTP because of Ne, but Te is not a stranger.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His art reminds me of the art my INFP friend used to create.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Incorrect. You're implying a supply demand situation where there's no demand data. Simply being 'rarer' doesn't make a thing more valuable. Not having aids is rarer than having aids.. catch my drift ?

Secondly from an evolutionary standpoint the more adapted and likely to reproduce the more frequent in the genepool. In general Ns being longer term thinkers will be quite likely to be the people subsidizing a 80 iq family with 6 kids rather than being the one with 6 kids. So I wouldn't say that high iq or "N" traits are really that well adapted to their environment despite the benefits high IQ individuals disproportionally add to their host populations (about every advance in history is probably due to someone with above average iq and iq seems rather well correlated with "Intuition" in the MBTI sense.)

The demand data is unfolding around us. Survive we must.

My point is intuitiveness is needed to handle abstract future oriented problems like say.. Storing the right amount of crops to survive through winter and making sure to be able to feed your workers adequately yet keeping in mind the goal of accumulation, not survival.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

My point is intuitiveness is needed to handle abstract future oriented problems like say.. Storing the right amount of crops to survive through winter and making sure to be able to feed your workers adequately yet keeping in mind the goal of accumulation, not survival.

I understand what you're saying, but your previous statement is still incorrect. :coffee:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have tested ENTJ ENTP INTJ but never INTP but my best friend is an INTP.

Is it possible high iq individuals use both introverted and extroverted intuition and thinking dominantly in no specific order depending on the stimuli presented?

Just my hunch.

This description applies to me and I've identified at different points as ENTx. My functional stack is something like Te > Ti > Ni = Ne.

As it pertains to intelligence, I don't know what it means. My particular configuration is good at a specific kind of long range thinking and prediction. I see two possibilities wrt your question:

1) The stack that I have is something that is innate. That is to say, my intellect is suited for a specific kind of problem solving that when quantified by MBTI, overlaps across a couple of different intuitive and thinking functions that theoretically don't go together.

2) The stack that I have is something that is learned. I'm naturally curious and so I've always tended to "absorb" ways of thinking I find to be useful to my innate way of doing things. I like to learn and I don't think of functions any differently. Theoretically, we have use of all eight but just tend to prefer some over others. There's nothing preventing us from improving our use of others, even if we're working against what comes most easily to us.

I don't really know which of these is more correct. I also don't know which of these answers would imply higher IQ. IQ was never something I really tracked one way or the other because it doesn't really "do" anything.

Why do you think this question matters?

You could do this with Si.

Intuition's usefulness is raising the curve; not moving along it. Moving your people from a hunter/gathering culture to an agricultural one, or directing an agrarian society towards modern industry.