• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you think people fear INTJs? If so, why do you think this is the case?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That isn't my personal reaction, but my observations of general tendencies in the population. I tend to find that direct approach easier because I don't overlay the social expectations and take it for the word values. I get the feeling there isn't subtext to read into, because the desired communication is forthright.
People who treat us like this are rare, and quite refreshing.

I'm starting to avoid a lot of them I encounter online because they generally seem to come off as pretentious and trying way too hard at being "T". Combined with the fact that anyone seldom changes their mind in online debate, I can see why people would be put off by them. I identify as an INT as well, but the overall demeanor just makes me want to roll my eyes in disgust a lot of the time. >_>
Not so sure about "anyone", but people writing to persuade the person responding directly to them are usually on a fool's errand.

The more mature the INTJ, the better they handle social situations IMO. People do not really fear INTJ's, in fact, I can hold a great deal of respect for a ripe INTJ, if I was to be personal and people-wise, they are neither afraid nor intimidated, rather they are repulsed by the immature ones.
Yes. I avoid far more things out of dislike or simple disinclination to be bothered with it, than out of fear.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp