• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does having a dominant/secondary feeling function indirectly justify one's ignorance?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out, I've actually put a lot of thought into this before coming to this conclusion: So feelers value making judgements/decisions based on how they feel rather than on facts/data/evidence. So essentially, isn't that like saying they can get away with being more ignorant? For instance, say there is a red stop sign in front of me. It is a concrete, observable fact that it is red, but if I were making decisions based on how I felt, couldn't I easily "feel" it is a blue sign, since I don't need fact or logic to support my decision to believe it's blue, only feelings? See what I mean? Couldn't this be more dangerous than we assume in that we can justify making (potentially selfish) decisions based on how we are feeling in the moment instead of taking the more thoughtful, considerate approach to trying to consider all the facts and variables before coming to a conclusion. What do you guys think? Do you see how/agree that this could be used as a way to justify one's ignorance or disregard for the importance of taking into account objective facts before reaching a conclusion? Why or why not?

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read your entire OP and though I see the premise is faulty, I fail to see the point.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My question is what are you trying to say?

I'm not trying to say anything. I'm saying what I meant. Everything I said in the OP is what I was trying to say. I even provided a clear example to demonstrate my point.

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not trying to say anything. I'm saying what I meant. Everything I said in the OP is what I was trying to say. I even provided a clear example to demonstrate my point.

Your example is stupid. No one confuses red with blue in real life unless they're colour blind.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Your example is stupid. No one confuses red with blue in real life unless they're colour blind.

Exactly, it's an extreme example used to illustrate my point. Not meant to be taken literally, more demonstratively.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
No. I think you should go back to the drawing board. If you would like to actually debate this though, could you please provide more logical examples?

Note: Aux-Fe user just asked you to clarify your argument with more logic.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being an auxiliary feeling user doesn't preclude use of logic. Every human, assuming there is healthy brain function, uses at least basic logic to survive. I.e. You're stopped at a traffic light and you determine the safest course of action is to wait until after the light changes to green to start driving forward. You just used logic in that scenario.

Many feelers choose to work in STEM fields, all of which require logic to varying degrees.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
If you can't use a decent example, don't bother.

Let's say that we were to invert that argument around and go with: "Does having an aux Te indirectly justify using shitty examples and denying the role emotions play in what makes a person human?" We could use the OP as an example of bad examples. That's not just "illustrative"; it's concrete.

.... I really shouldn't be so rude but man, I'm a little tired of people dismissing F functions.

I'm starting to think you live in a land of robots and pixies. Which coming from a type who was supposedly born on Avalon and lives in Middle-earth is ironic.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Mostly i feel with my hands...

rav3n

F functions/processes aren't synonymous with emotions. They're decision making functions that rely on internal values (morals) or external social values/harmony/ethics. Also, functions don't work in a vacuum.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out, I've actually put a lot of thought into this before coming to this conclusion: So feelers value making judgements/decisions based on how they feel rather than on facts/data/evidence. So essentially, isn't that like saying they can get away with being more ignorant? For instance, say there is a red stop sign in front of me. It is a concrete, observable fact that it is red, but if I were making decisions based on how I felt, couldn't I easily "feel" it is a blue sign, since I don't need fact or logic to support my decision to believe it's blue, only feelings? See what I mean? Couldn't this be more dangerous than we assume in that we can justify making (potentially selfish) decisions based on how we are feeling in the moment instead of taking the more thoughtful, considerate approach to trying to consider all the facts and variables before coming to a conclusion. What do you guys think? Do you see how/agree that this could be used as a way to justify one's ignorance or disregard for the importance of taking into account objective facts before reaching a conclusion? Why or why not?

We get it. Feelers at any level are manipulative, emotionally unhinged, stupid, selfish, oblivious to logic and ignorant. I suggest you stop making threads asking the exact same things before you get banned for it.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I know this might sound crazy to you, and I'm TOTALLY cool with it, it doesn't make sense to some of the Thinkers I've said this to in real life, but Feeling, Fi/Fe (I don't personally know of Fe) has a logic to it :newwink: I'm not even just messing with you here. But think of the two as just different ways to see the same world. If it were that stark, where Feelers didn't see the world logically, then how would we function? I see and experience the world through emotion, through relationships, which then are used as building blocks to construct this inner framework and understanding of the world around me. There isn't only one function at play of course, Feelers use Te/Ti as well. I'm trying to explain this through Te, to someone that seems to only see through Te and I'm failing miserably...I might have to come back to you later with a metaphor.

The Cat

Staff member
fluffy_kitty__by_pasofino6-d5v70cy.jpg

I sometimes feel fluffy cats too...they tend to be bunny soft...

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just going to drop a bit of constructive feedback here, if you title a thread, "Does having a dominant/secondary feeling function indirectly justify one's ignorance?", you will most likely get members coming in already heated because they assume they're coming into a thread having to defend their types. It's the word Ignorance (which is never a good word to be associated with), and ironically, the title reveals your own ignorance of sorts by assuming Feelers are ignorant without first asking them your questions. Also, Feelers and Thinkers tend to see the exact same words, differently. What you may perceive as non offensive, someone else might.

Heck, the above tips aren't even limited to the T/F divide but just general communication tips.

You'll be fine :newwink:

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The irony is, I'm willing to bet my life savings the OP himself is a feeling type.

The Cat

Staff member
I once felt an iron....it burnt me so bad....I've yet to be able to fully trust appliances since... it was not bunny soft.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I once felt an iron....it burnt me so bad....I've yet to be able to fully trust appliances since... it was not bunny soft.

omg Jack can you stop?! I am almost literally on the floor from laughing at these posts of yours. :rotfl: