• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Aptitude breakdowns by type (SAT, IQ, ACT)

redacted

I doubt NTs are the smartest types (or, the results are skewed). So many smart people mistype as NT...

This is one of those situations where I want to repeat the cliche "correlation is not causation!"

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFPs are big-time underachievers.

O rly? That must be why I have a 3.9 GPA.

However, I will admit I was a much more average student in high school. I didn't jive well with the more highly structured environment of the public school system. College is a much more fluid and individualized framework.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
These stats were kind of confusing. I have by the way made some IQ estimations myself. Even though I doubt my own methods, the results doesn't seem too far off:

1 INTJ 113
2 INFJ 112
3 ENTJ 109
4 ENFJ 107
5 INFP 105
6 INTP 104
7 ISTJ 104
8 ENTP 102
9 ESTJ 100
10 ENFP 97
11 ISFJ 95
12 ESFJ 94
13 ISTP 91
14 ISFP 88
15 ESTP 88
16 ESFP 85

They were made purely for fun. I compared the member numbers of each type in Mensa, compared it to the general population, and used normal distribution math to come up with these numbers. Yes, it's not perfect ...

ESFPs are borderline retarded? Um, no. That's offensive, actually, to list so many Ss in the below average IQ range. Is this a joke?

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
These stats were kind of confusing. I have by the way made some IQ estimations myself. Even though I doubt my own methods, the results doesn't seem too far off:

1 INTJ 113
2 INFJ 112
3 ENTJ 109
4 ENFJ 107
5 INFP 105
6 INTP 104
7 ISTJ 104
8 ENTP 102
9 ESTJ 100
10 ENFP 97
11 ISFJ 95
12 ESFJ 94
13 ISTP 91
14 ISFP 88
15 ESTP 88
16 ESFP 85

They were made purely for fun. I compared the member numbers of each type in Mensa, compared it to the general population, and used normal distribution math to come up with these numbers. Yes, it's not perfect ...
IMO it's garbage. In fact, based on what I've read on IQ tests STJs would score highest on them because of the questions on an IQ test and the way such tests are administered favor an Te-Si way of thinking.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say most of the people who hang out on this site have an IQ of 120 at the very least if not above, so really this is a moot point trying to battle out which type is the most intellingent here - some may disagree with me, but to be even interested in typology and it's theory on this level indicates some aptitude in abstract thinking.
Beside this is all BS anyway. Think about how the sample population was selected for starters...I mean seriously it's not even international, but American based.

underthegun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Proper logical thinking isn't innate.

How true! Brain training goes a long way and I'm sure that, given the formulaic nature of all standardized tests, a reasonably intelligent person could boost their IQ like it was an ACT test.

underthegun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
INFPs are big-time underachievers.

OK.....I agree that INFPs are prone to laziness.....but NOT underachievement. In fact, I'd say we INFPs are paradoxes, because we are both lazy and incredibly driven (which cancels out the lazy).

I think you confuse "underacheiver" with "lazy". The two are not always the same!

For example, I am twenty years old, still jobless, clinically depressed, and emotionally needy, plus really damn inecure; No doubt as a result of these things I am also quite lazy. Yet I still have a 4.0 GPA after four quarters of college. So while yes, I am late to most engagements, and a notorious procrastinator to boot, my INFP passion gets me where I need to be at the end of the day. Why? Because I have passion. I love to be the underdog. I'm the guy who plays all sports games with a disadvantage so the winner has no excuse but aceede that my skills are superior. When I play chess, I always play black and I never go first in round of tic-tac-toe. In FPS multiplayer, I go pistols only so I can savor each kill. School is no different.

Lazy, yes; underachiever, not necessarily!