• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Letting Go Of Typology

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I discovered Typology in 2015 and it's been quite the journey. I've met some cool people but most importantly, I learned a WHOLE lot about my own mind, behavior, and human behavior altogether. I have become quite obsessed with it ever since too. I've been back and forth about my type so may times, I've become a joke.

Now, after doing some thinking and discussing I've actually come to the conclusion that I believe I may have risen above Typology . I don't think that I'm better than others but I do think I'm too balanced of a person to have a type is what I mean... and I definitely don't think I'm more F based, (ethics/moral) based over intellectual. I place a great deal in my logic and analytical ability. It used to be my downfall before I noticed I had an issue with logical superiority. (I've worked on that). However typology talks about being a certain type that has a certain stack (or not).. and I don't relate to any one personality type because I see myself in all of them depending on the day. I just find it a little unrealistic at this point. :shrug:

I'm whoever the moment calls for me to be. I'm always logical.. That never goes away.. It's just suppressed at times. I'm also outwardly emotional, too. ( I don't give a sh*t.) I have a slight preference for logic and reason over anything about morals or ethics, except maybe worldwide accepted ethics.. (typology "F" stuff.) ..but after that.. as far as being an Intuitive, Sensor, Judgers, or Perceiver,.. I can swing each and every way.. There is no function, "stack" here. So, I don't have a type. I'm just me.. I'm not stable enough a character to have a type.. but I am still addicted to looking at the types for now. It's a cool theory and if it works for you that's great. :happy2:

Just not me anymore.. and perhaps I'm doing my friends and others a favor because I've been driving them nuts about it for months now. :newwink:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have a great journey. :bye: In the end, we're always here if you ever decide to come back.

Designations and typing is human. It helps us define and sort things. However, it should never be a straightjacket that restricts us. Types always have variations and no two people are exact copies of one another. You need to figure out you, first and foremost. The rest of us can wait. Good luck on your personal journey. Life, if it's interesting enough, should always be teaching you new things about yourself.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dang, y'all are being too nice.. I'm almost scared. :D
Seriously though, thanks. I do see Typology as a straight-jacket haha...

..nice analogy..

BTW [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] - Nice avatar.

virtualinsanity

MBTI Type
--TP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the heck of it, I took dichotomous tests which reflects the diversity of my personality, I think.. The second test just said I fell in the middle of all of everything and couldn't determine a type.

ISTP

lol6.jpg

Unknown

lol5.jpg

ESTP

lol4.jpg

INTP

lol3.jpg

INTP

lol2.jpg

ENTJ

lol1.jpg

Cognitive Functions Tests

INFJ

lol7.jpg

The last two wouldn't upload but it was from Celebrity Types and suggest ISTP or INTP.

The last one was from Keys2Cognition and it suggested ENFJ, INFJ or ENTJ

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
That's okay. I feel the same too. I can also switch between my function stacks, te/ti, fe/fi, ne/se depending on circumstances.

Some said that you only use one. But like you, i don't only use one.
Some cannot believe it, probably they're just more of an extreme type.

I also believe on the balance. XD probably you're also balanced. XD
That's why it's really hard to determine which and which you really are because as you told us, you can use your functions whenever you want it (me too, :))

I think, typology is just a tool for learning ourselves and learning what specific functions we should use.

I think it's a good problem solver too. XD

It also makes you analyze the why's of life. XD

Specially why some people like this? Why am i like this?! On because I'm using *this function*, it doesn't work, so i must use the *other function*

I think use of cognitive functions is a preference.

And i don't think we can actually be exactly and perfectly fit into just one type. XD

Thus we're called divergents. Hihi. XD