• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Post Your Horror ENFP Stories

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is a good example of an functioning ENFP. She likes cats and is a witch though, but nobody's perfect.

I like cats and I'm a 20% mermaid, 20% elf, 40% witch and 20% goddess. :)

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dude chill out. It's just a thread. Why take it so personally ? I don't think people are taking it as seriously as you might think.

Everybody with half a brain knows that MBTI is an approximation. Secondly people are entitled to their own opinions. I might think of myself as a moral individual - other people might think I'm an utter asshole : fine, it's their prerogative. Why care and let it upset you ?

Be water my friend

giphy.gif

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I like cats and I'm a 20% mermaid, 20% elf, 40% witch and 20% goddess. :)

You could at least have had the courtesy of getting your math wrong - so I could make fun of you.

That was pretty selfish of you bro.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] is a good example of an functioning ENFP. She likes cats and is a witch though, but nobody's perfect.

I like that she's a witch :(

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You could at least have had the courtesy of getting your math wrong - so I could make fun of you.

That was pretty selfish of you bro.

I knew you wouldn't pass up the opportunity (cause I wouldn't either) so I made sure to double check my math. ;)

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I just don't really have an ENFP horror story.

I dated one looong time ago. Like mh 7 years ago. or so.
She moved, I stayed. End of story.

she was indeed terrible at follow up. And always had a swarm of guys wanting to fuck her. But I'm known for not contacting people for years at a time so - ya know :shrug:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Otherwise in casual conversations .. well. They either loath me for saying something that goes again one of their core beliefs or we get along just fine. Generally the smarter / more prone to self reflection they are the better it goes.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I ruin countless lives daily and am so oblivious that I never even notice it.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dated an economist who was most likely an ENFP 7w6 so/sx a few years ago. He was one of the brightest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He was a consistent bright spot in my life when I was in a place very far from home and was having my ass handed to me by my work. He introduced me to his friends, encouraged me to pursue a professional track I had been considering for a long time, but had not had the courage to commit to. He was definitely flighty. Could disappear at odd moments. And had a short attention span. He was also genuine and had an intense joy for life, was curious about everything and a deep love of people. We didn't work out for a number of reasons, not least of all that we are very different people, but occasionally keep in touch on Facebook.

Most of the ENFPs I know are like colorful, nerdy sprites just making their way through the world. You only really get into trouble with them if you try to "expectations" with them.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uhh, those would be the parts that are purrrrfect.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for your response, Kat!

This pretty much confirms that it all boils down to ENFPs that are healthy with a nice moral compass can't relate to this and certain unhealthy ENFPs that exhibit these traits that are personal to those who have complaints about the traits I've mentioned. Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

One thing I disagree with, however, is that while there are ENFPs that are not good at flirting and think themselves quirky instead are probably actually really good at flirting unconsciously.
Although if you don't think so, that's fine. ;)

If they are flirting unconsciously then how do they know they are flirting ? NFPs can master anything they choose, yes even flirting. However it's been my experience NFPs don't have to flirt to get attention, all they have to do is show up. NFPs don't think themselves as quirky, we are quirky.:wink:....Natural charm will get you everything you want and then some, who needs to master flirting when you are born with so much charisma. Oh and did I mention we have a bit of an ego as well, nothing too damaging though, we know how to keep it in check. :D As an ENFP yourself I shouldn't have to convince you of any of this :newwink:

Alassea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If they are flirting unconsciously then how do they know they are flirting ? NFPs can master anything they choose, yes even flirting. However it's been my experience NFPs don't have to flirt to get attention, all they have to do is show up. NFPs don't think themselves as quirky, we are quirky.:wink:....Natural charm will get you everything you want and then some, who needs to master flirting when you are born with so much charisma. Oh and did I mention we have a bit of an ego as well, nothing too damaging though, we know how to keep it in check. :D As an ENFP yourself I shouldn't have to convince you of any of this :newwink:

Well, when you put it that way...I can't really complain. :D

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
So I posted something similar (an honest enfp convo text) on personality cafe and got a lot of hate from...ExFPs + denial. I was accused of narcissism even lol. So I will post here instead and this time, ask other types to answer. ENFPs are often painted as sweet, fluffy, sunshine and irresponsible unicorns. And many people do in fact like ENFPs since we are genuinely sweet, kind and motivational (when we're in the mood.) But are some really truly like that? There are a lot of complaints from non-ENFPs about unhealthy ENFPs and they all have a similar correlation which I will list: -Overly flirtatious and charming when trying to win someone over and once they're won over, get bored and move on to the next person -Unfaithful/have commitment issues, can't text or call back, etc. -Seduces someone taboo (or several people at the same time) just to see if they could -Uses questionable and sometimes messed up methods just to achieve their ideals that it can come across sociopathic, basically using Fi for asshole purposes -Uses innocent/sweet/adorable reputation to unconsciously manipulate people/get what they want -Can be inspirational and charming for 5 minutes, but if impatient, can turn really mean with biting words -Selfish -Use sex to manipulate/compensate for personal insecurities -Attention whores The accusations are all too consistent to simply be written off as coincidence. Many will say that any unhealthy type can exhibit the above, but ENFPs especially seem to be accused of above traits the most. Here is an example of a discussion being held on tumblr in an ISTJ blog: An ENTJ female once talked about liking this INTP... - MBTI / Enneagram blog So to every other type besides ENFP (fellow enfps: please zip it [I know you all don't like criticism] unless you have a dark story to tell,) have you had a similar experience or know any ENFPs like the above? Share your dark ENFP story~
This was interesting, I do think it has to do with whether the individual is healthy or not. Some of these are shadow traits IMO
The flirting accusation is really over done, we arent flirting that's just how we are, if we are interested you will know.. it doesn't manifest in the bubbly sparkly way that we communicate with most people.
We like to figure people out and can read a room pretty quickly. But not for the purpose of manipulation. I think of people as a rubic cube I tap and I'm one of those robot spiders 🕷 I tap around the sides by asking questions , feeling their responses hoping that they reveal another layer so that I can understand them better. But not for dark purposes just because I enjoy knowing what makes people tick.
the flighty thing may be true but only because we usually have so much going on. I'm writing a book, running my restaurant ordering crystals for a meditation group. We do tend to be a bit all over the place. I have been accused of not texting back and do tend to have a lot of people needing my attention, my friends have said " you create this mess! you mesmerizes people and then forget about them." (I didn't forget you I just got busy chasing some idea)
mostly we are sparkly, happy to be here and willing to listen without judgement.