• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you bad in following schedules?

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Like you just prefer to do things spontaneously and thinking that you have a schedule in a specific day drags you down like you feel it's too much? Sort of feelings?

Is that a perceiver problem? :)

Bad you just end up doing it anyways.. But you prefer to do things spontaneously?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
More complicated than the black and white mbti gives me. Spontaneous. Mostly.

-I don't like when people show up unannounced without any warning. That brand of spontaneity usually annoys me. Randomness. I like a bit of prep time before they show up.

-I also hang onto ideas a bit longer, and don't jump around from idea to idea quite as fast as some do. Someone like with ADD for example I've been around who was also ENFP and I'd screen out his ramblings half the time. I can zip around from idea to idea at a good pace too, but they're generally connected in some way.. which is different than the kind that throws me off a bit.

-If someone says they're going to do something then ends up changing the date more than once it's also annoying because I feel somewhat like I'm being taken as a low priority or for granted in favor of whatever else..

Those are just a few peeves, though.

Outside of that I'd say I just go with my own flow and don't bother to care much. I don't really check calendars much. Putting plans and stuff, as I've tried but I just don't remember to look at it much and usually remember roughly when the specific event or whatever was and can check to make sure. Pretty much the only time I check.

When it comes to video games though, I only stick with small tactics here and there and the rest is generally me just adapting to whatever is going on because usually that's enough and can be a fun rush. So in that way, I can also be spontaneous.

Idk. I confuse myself.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
More complicated than the black and white mbti gives me. Spontaneous. Mostly.

-I don't like when people show up unannounced without any warning. That brand of spontaneity usually annoys me. Randomness. I like a bit of prep time before they show up.

-I also hang onto ideas a bit longer, and don't jump around from idea to idea quite as fast as some do. Someone like with ADD for example I've been around who was also ENFP and I'd screen out his ramblings half the time. I can zip around from idea to idea at a good pace too, but they're generally connected in some way.. which is different than the kind that throws me off a bit.

-If someone says they're going to do something then ends up changing the date more than once it's also annoying because I feel somewhat like I'm being taken as a low priority or for granted in favor of whatever else..

Those are just a few peeves, though.

Outside of that I'd say I just go with my own flow and don't bother to care much. I don't really check calendars much. Putting plans and stuff, as I've tried but I just don't remember to look at it much and usually remember roughly when the specific event or whatever was and can check to make sure. Pretty much the only time I check.

When it comes to video games though, I only stick with small tactics here and there and the rest is generally me just adapting to whatever is going on because usually that's enough and can be a fun rush. So in that way, I can also be spontaneous.

Idk. I confuse myself.
Me too I'm not really that very Spontaneous like the sterotypical mbti. XD probably there's just this mood that i wanna do it now. Like Now. Not tomorrow, not later, but now. XD Because of energy of the current moment.. Lol. XD
I think i have bipolar because sometimes i don't have enough energy âš¡ especially during daytime. XD
But at night i start to build some energy âš¡ hihi.
In regards with Spontaneous ideas, i just have ideas but i don't also jump from ideas to another. XD
I mean i have a tendency but not that fast i guess.
Probably like this: i wanna be a *blah blah*
Next day, i wanna be *new blah blah*

Sort of like that. Like how i wanna be a hobo. Which is actually true i wanna be a hobo but ofcourse in this current situation of mine, it's not possible to be one, but i have to be a hobo. XD so i decided to be one next year. It's already on my bucket list hihi. XD
Probably I'm half judging and half perceiver as well, because i have a list of things to do. :) especially before i turn 30. :)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Me too I'm not really that very Spontaneous like the sterotypical mbti. XD probably there's just this mood that i wanna do it now. Like Now. Not tomorrow, not later, but now. XD Because of energy of the current moment.. Lol. XD I think i have bipolar because sometimes i don't have enough energy âš¡ especially during daytime. XD But at night i start to build some energy âš¡ hihi. In regards with Spontaneous ideas, i just have ideas but i don't also jump from ideas to another. XD I mean i have a tendency but not that fast i guess. Probably like this: i wanna be a *blah blah* Next day, i wanna be *new blah blah* Sort of like that. Like how i wanna be a hobo. Which is actually true i wanna be a hobo but ofcourse in this current situation of mine, it's not possible to be one, but i have to be a hobo. XD so i decided to be one next year. It's already on my bucket list hihi. XD Probably I'm half judging and half perceiver as well, because i have a list of things to do. :) especially before i turn 30. :)
I scheduled my plan for the fairly distant future to set up the big picture idea for the web I want to make. YouTube related. I set it up like a web with brackets and all that crap. Sections. What to do, and what will have what. Video ideas. On and on. It all appears like a bunch for scattered ideas but it's actually a giant web that's all interconnected into a big picture idea I have.

As for the mood to "do it now!" Usually I'm like "meh. Later " if it's anything other than my specific plans or something which I get be impatient about and want to do it all like in my passion and make it happen real soon but be overwhelmed and not bother. Something I'm clearly working on fixing. And then there's my acheles heel, analysis paralysis.

You want to be a hobo ...? Lol how do you mean or is that a joking example?

I'm also not 30 yet. The plan is before I turn 30 too. :) Fun fact

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I scheduled my plan for the fairly distant future to set up the big picture idea for the web I want to make. YouTube related. I set it up like a web with brackets and all that crap. Sections. What to do, and what will have what. Video ideas. On and on. It all appears like a bunch for scattered ideas but it's actually a giant web that's all interconnected into a big picture idea I have.

As for the mood to "do it now!" Usually I'm like "meh. Later " if it's anything other than my specific plans or something which I get be impatient about and want to do it all like in my passion and make it happen real soon but be overwhelmed and not bother. Something I'm clearly working on fixing. And then there's my acheles heel, analysis paralysis.

You want to be a hobo ...? Lol how do you mean or is that a joking example?

I'm also not 30 yet. The plan is before I turn 30 too. :) Fun fact
Awww yeah! I'm actually planning to be a hobo next year. :) hihi. Lol

Damn i told my ex crush, he's actually my boss lol (hahahahahahahhaha) that I'm gonna be hoboing too next year... XD yeah and he found my real intention of living the company after hahahahhahahaha xD i just see him as a friend where i can tell freely but i just realized he's my boss. :/ but he's younger than me. But he's my senior i guess. Well.. Hmmmmmm. Dammit. XD

Yeah i wanna be a hobo, would you like to be a hobo with me? XD lol

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awww yeah! I'm actually planning to be a hobo next year. :) hihi. Lol

Damn i told my ex crush, he's actually my boss lol (hahahahahahahhaha) that I'm gonna be hoboing too next year... XD yeah and he found my real intention of living the company after hahahahhahahaha xD i just see him as a friend where i can tell freely but i just realized he's my boss. :/ but he's younger than me. But he's my senior i guess. Well.. Hmmmmmm. Dammit. XD

Yeah i wanna be a hobo, would you like to be a hobo with me? XD lol

Ah, What the hell. Not like I have any higher aspirations. I'll vlog it for youtube. #hobo4life

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like loose schedules. I know there are certain things I have to do, like go to work, but with everything else, I like to be spontaneous. I hate making commitments.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont mind schedules if they push me to do things- if I WANT to follow them and they arent air tight.

I dont like feeling FORCED to do something so if the schedule is too strict or I feel I have less input then Id like then keep it as far from me as possible please.

Usually I like doing what I want to do when I want to do it. I CAN sometimes work in a loose schedule but its... not genrrally a preference.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like scheduals can actually help me to become more efficient in my life, the issue is, that even when I make them, I end up doing something completely different after all and then beat myself up for not being productive enough. Fi>Te issues...

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Schedules are my life. I do prefer being able to go with the flow and be spontaneous but as the mother of many small children that just isn't happening. Schedules keep me on track and keep me from dropping the ball. My phone has a million reminders that go off to tell me to do things or to be places. People laugh at me but if I didn't have those alarms I would forget to do anything and just daydream all day. When my husband and I go on vacation together we are much more relaxed and only plan a few things that you need to pre-book and then just do whatever we feel like at the time.

tchudak

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an INTJ, there's no need to say much more.

I definitely go against the INFP stereotype of being awful at having a sense of time. I can wake up within ten minutes of when I need to (ten minutes before) and thus I detest alarm clocks.

I dislike when people ask me to do something right as they're leaving to do it and then find out they've known about or planned whatever they're doing hours or even days beforehand. Showing up unannounced also bugs me. If you say you're going to be somewhere at a certain time. Be. On. Time! I hate when people say a half hour and it turns into 45 minutes or more. Unless aliens abduct you or you suddenly develop super powers keep to schedule (traffic jams and other factors beyond your control are obviously understandable the I lost track of time excuse drives me nuts).

I like punctuality because when I was young my mom was habitually late for everything and it drove me and anyone else waiting on her nuts! I can still hear my dad say that woman will be late for her own funeral. lol

If there's a deadline I'm on it. Otherwise I'm awful at keeping to self imposed schedules. When it's up to me and no one else is counting on me I can take forever.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
The secret to looking youthful is never having any plans and just playing sims for days on end. (i.e.: no schedules)

...Is always better to plan and avoid hassle and stress, though. Without schedule my life spirals into a swirl of Sims and dicking around. Not proud of that.

Straylight

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Like you just prefer to do things spontaneously and thinking that you have a schedule in a specific day drags you down like you feel it's too much? Sort of feelings?

Is that a perceiver problem? :)

Bad you just end up doing it anyways.. But you prefer to do things spontaneously?

As a perceiver, it's actually the reverse. I need constraints like a schedule with deadlines and time pressures to motivate me, otherwise I never get anything done. If you just hand me an assignment and say "get it done" my first question is, "by when?" And then I postpone doing it until nearly the last moment. I can't imagine how lazy I would be if I actually had no responsibilities. I'd probably just slip into a coma.

Contrast this with something [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] said in this post, section 2.

Speaking for myself, I'd describe a perfect day as a weekend day where I wake up with no responsibilities on my plate. No work, no errands: nothing. Because even if there are only a couple tasks on the day's to-do list and they're only likely to take an hour or so to get done, I'm still likely to experience those tasks as a little cloud hanging over my day until I freaking get them done. Then I can relax and enjoy whatever other stuff I decide to do to a greater degree than I would if the day's chores were still unfinished. (The classic "work first, play later" mentality.)

Reckful is someone I would consider the epitome of a J-type, and an INTJ. In fact for years over at Personality Cafe him and I used to have at it, and for years I was self-mistyped as an INTJ. But the more I contrasted my preferences and style with his, the more dissonance I noticed, until my mistake became apparent to me. I learned a lot from that mistake, and going forward from there, things really started to click. What had taken me a lot of money and time invested into books like the MBTI Manual Third Edition and the Step II Manual (which I wrote up verbatim in a series of posts over at PerC) finally paid off.

And by the way, the above citation and comparison to my own style is also for anyone like myself who received a score somewhere in the middle of the J/P axis on a certified inventory. Talking it over with a professional examiner helped me realize this and go with INTP in the end, because my natural attitude is very easy-going, so easy-going in fact that as I said I actually need pressure to constrain my judgment, otherwise I would never commit to anything.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
The secret to looking youthful is never having any plans and just playing sims for days on end. (i.e.: no schedules)

...Is always better to plan and avoid hassle and stress, though. Without schedule my life spirals into a swirl of Sims and dicking around. Not proud of that.
Lol sims xD

I remembered one time it's vacation and i went back to my hometown with my family and i got addicted playing sims i just played sims the entire vacation week lol xD

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm good at it, as long as I'm in a good head space.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Lol sims xD

I remembered one time it's vacation and i went back to my hometown with my family and i got addicted playing sims i just played sims the entire vacation week lol xD

God I know that feel

...I spent a lot of time on vacation playing games on friend's laptop
.......put two introverts together on vacation with no plans, neither leaves the house:D

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
God I know that feel

...I spent a lot of time on vacation playing games on friend's laptop
.......put two introverts together on vacation with no plans, neither leaves the house:D
Hahahahahahah xD me with my isf/tp sister lol xD

But my sister had a boyfriend now so things changed dammit

I'm the one who's got no boyfriend geeezzz

This is the only time i feel like i wanna have one lol i don't know if I'm just horny or is this just hormones...

Anyways i love sim a lot. XD

It's actually useful in figuring out what you really want in life. :)

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
In general, I don't like following schedules and I'm pretty bad at following hem. For example, I can make a to-do list of ten things I have/need to do in a day and maybe do three of them, four if I'm lucky. I once went on a road trip with 4 friends and one girl had literally every minute of the whole week planned out. Like it was batshit crazy (and I don't say that lightly). She gave everyone a generalized itenerary and then an itenerary specific to each person. She had when we got up and went to bed scheduled, specific windows for meals, what time we would arrive somewhere, exactly how long we could stay somewhere, everyone's bathroom usage times scheduled from showers to actually going to the bathroom (who even does that?! How do you schedule when you need to pee?!? That's nuts!) I have always sucked at deadlines for school/work. I constantly struggle to be on time even for planned things. I don't do well with traditional schedules like getting up early in the morning and going to bed at a decent hour (I can easily stay up all night then sleep till 2 in the afternoon).

However, I'm not as spontaneous as the perceiver stereotype. I like to have at least a general idea of what I'm doing. Like I won't just in the car with no destination in mind. But if I get an idea in my head to go somewhere/do something I will jump in the car for that. But if someone wants me to jump in the car with them without a moments notice, I'm not keen on that. If someone wants me to go somewhere randinlmly and refuses to tell me where we're going, I definitely won't do that. If I take a trip I want to know where I'm going/ what I'm doing but I'm flexible about it. On things in really exited about I may try to have some scheduling. Like if I'm going to a them park I will tell myself "it opens at 9:30; I want to be there as soon as it opens" but I might not get there until 10:30 anyway. I don't like people just showing up unannounced because I'm probably already doing something and I don't always like being interrupted and changing plans. In general though I'm much more happy being flexible/unscheduled than inflexible/scheduled.