• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unhealthy ENTJ: How do I Become Healthy Again?

JustCallMeBrad

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
With sarcasm?

I came here for advice, not abuse. I seriously don't know what you're trying to achieve here. If you want to explain in detail why you're so against a person you've never met, then go ahead.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I dunno, i have no advice, just the fact you're trying to redeem yourself, and having social anxiety doesn't mean you don't have fe hell so many fe doms and auxs have social anxiety so :thumbup:

JustCallMeBrad

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Thanks for the advice. This thread is basically becoming useless now though, as most people are just saying the same thing. So I'm going to ask a new question: ceecee said I was probably an ESTP instead of an ENTJ. Has anyone else got an idea of my MBTI type? If so, do you think ESTP, ENTJ, or something else? This is purely out of interest.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ah, I remember considering the great title that is ENTJ. Maybe this questionnaire will clear things up.

1. During your youth (7'ish to 18), What did you focus on the most? What activities did you like and why? What aspect of life was lax in attention?

2. You're in you senior year of high school (or whatever equivalent) and you are looking back over the last couple of years. What was your favorite aspect of the schooling experience and why? Favorite subject and why?

3. A couple of friends call and invite you out to a restaurant. While there, you all are pleasantly conversing and one of your friends makes a comment that irked you. What are you're thoughts and how do you respond?

4. Your schooling is done and it's time to strike out into the world!! What sort of career do you want to go into and why?

5. At the company you work at, a meeting is taking place. A project (let's say an advertisement) has been assigned to your department and you all have been divided into groups to come up with drafts to how to proceed. You are the project manager of your group. What do you focus on primarily? How do you organize group duties?

6. You get into an argument with a friend/family member/co-worker. They criticize one of your personality traits. What would most likely be the focus of their critique?

7. It's New Years! You and your friends are out and about after a party. Being drunk, one of your friends suggests to do something....'questionable' (Nothing serious). What are your thoughts and how do you respond?

8. A new art gallery opens up and your friend wants to go to the grand opening. Both of you analyze all the paintings and sculptures. What about these works warrants the most attention from you? Why? What thoughts do they bring up?

9. You have been saving up and decide to buy a new car. At the dealership, you peruse the lots. What are the criteria and factors that influence your choice? Which one would initially be your main focus?

10. Yep, you now have a kid (sex of your choosing)! Years pass and they are now 15 years old. You notice their personality traits are the complete opposite of how you were when at their age. Describe how they are. Describe the possible conflicts that would arise between both of you due to differing temperaments.

John Gaboury

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi. I'm 16-years-old, and over the past couple of years, I've had a lot of trouble. I won't go into detail, but basically, I'm underachieving (despite an IQ in the top 1%), I have literally no social life, and I've been kicked out of school. I'm an ENTJ with enneagram 368 (not sure on the order), so this is literally a living hell. It especially annoys me, as I always saw ENTJ as a really cool type; the natural leader that everyone depends on in a crisis, but I'm just an unsuccessful bully.

My problem is my Te and Ni work in an unhealthy way. Instead of my Te organizing the environment to accommodate Ni long-range vision, my Te works as a tool to logically justify my Ni paranoia. This makes me swing from being extremely self critical to downright narcissistic. I also have unusually good Fe (which made me think i was an ENTP or ENFJ), but that just gives me social anxiety. Does anyone know how you can develop Te and Ni to be healthy? How do you improve as an ENTJ in general? Advice from anyone welcome, but particularly want to hear from ENTJs. Also, ask me any questions you need to, I'll answer them as best as I can.

Cognitive Functions: Te>Ni>Si=Fe>Ti>Ne>Se>Fi

Hi Brad, I can believe you are ENTJ.
How do you improve as an ENTJ in general? Listen carefully to those who could be easily intimidated. They will give you facts about what they think and value.

Question: Why do you associate your Ni with paranoia?

Question: How were you prior to two years ago? Do you think there was something specific that precipitated the change from healthy to unhealthy?

Question: Why do you write you have unusually good Fe? ENTJ has Fi.

John Gaboury

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi. I'm 16-years-old, and over the past couple of years, I've had a lot of trouble. I won't go into detail, but basically, I'm underachieving (despite an IQ in the top 1%), I have literally no social life, and I've been kicked out of school. I'm an ENTJ with enneagram 368 (not sure on the order), so this is literally a living hell. It especially annoys me, as I always saw ENTJ as a really cool type; the natural leader that everyone depends on in a crisis, but I'm just an unsuccessful bully.

My problem is my Te and Ni work in an unhealthy way. Instead of my Te organizing the environment to accommodate Ni long-range vision, my Te works as a tool to logically justify my Ni paranoia. This makes me swing from being extremely self critical to downright narcissistic. I also have unusually good Fe (which made me think i was an ENTP or ENFJ), but that just gives me social anxiety. Does anyone know how you can develop Te and Ni to be healthy? How do you improve as an ENTJ in general? Advice from anyone welcome, but particularly want to hear from ENTJs. Also, ask me any questions you need to, I'll answer them as best as I can.

Hi Brad,
I can believe you are ENTJ.

How do you improve as an ENTJ in general? Listen carefully to those who could be easily intimidated. They will give you facts about what they think and value.

Question: Why do you associate your Ni with paranoia?

Question: How were you prior to two years ago? Do you think there was something specific that precipitated the change from healthy to unhealthy?

Question: Why do you write you have unusually good Fe? With MBTI theory ENTJ has Fi.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Develop healthy habits and go around people and ideas that challenge you to be better or receive nothing

Jboss

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
ENTJ's are driven by success and fulfilling goals (I glanced through the comments and saw you aren't sure what you are now, but this would be my advice for anyone). Set your goal and let that be your drive. You're only 16 so I'd say throw yourself into looking at colleges/scholarships/ACT/SAT scores. Also something that's aways helped me is to set little goals for yourself (raise your math grade from a C to a B, join a club this week, etc.) Also keep in mind that there's no right way to be an ENTJ. Despite loving success and accomplishment, we're also allowed to fail every so often, so go easy on yourself.

Along with being a female ENTJ, I'm also best friends with an INTP and ESTP so I'm also the mom friend.

JustCallMeBrad

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't answered to anyone. I haven't been on this site for ages, and to be honest, I didn't even realise that people were still replying! As for MBTI, I'm fairly sure I'm an ExTJ (I actually think I could be an ESTJ, now I've read more than just the negative stereotypes about them), but I could accept I was an ESTP because that was kind of in the back if my head anyway. I said my Fe seemed to be good, because that's what it seemed like. I saw literally no Fi in me, but then again, I didn't know much about cognitive functions in general (Heck, I still don't). I'm not really sure what else to put on this thread, because I've sorted out a lot of my problems, and I'm starting to work on the rest, so I suppose things should be alright.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

Now that you've got ENTP instead of ENTJ, and social anxiety...

Short version:
You might just be introverted, but not pushing yourself into socialization enough to realize it, if your anxiety leads to your avoidance of others. It's really, really difficult for me to realize I need to socialize a bit until I actually do it sometimes, but not enough socialization has caused me to mistype as extroverted in the past.

Long Version:
I know your search is likely a bit more broad than this, but what ultimately helped me in the differentiation between ENTP and INTP (besides the practitioner discussing w/ me, which helped tremendously so I have to credit this)...if you spend a lot of time in solitude, get out and socialize to make sure you're not just an introvert failing to recognize the need for more human interaction due to breaching your own subjective balance threshold. Everyone is an ambivert, but if you're energized by interacting long term, you're (X)e Dom function, if you're drained after long term, you're (X)i Dom function. Note: you can still be an introvert and energized by it if you were in shortage of it. That's happened to me before. Gotta push yourself past a threshold...like between work and social gatherings 6 days a week, that's my threshold. I can't handle that schedule. The dominant function is only going to be whatever you are socially bc you will want to spend the most time in your own dominant function. It's really, really difficult for me to realize I need to socialize a bit until I actually do it sometimes, but not enough socialization has caused me to mistype as extroverted in the past. If I tried to spend the same amount of time interacting with others as I can in solitude, I would lose my mind and be on edge. It's easy to tell when I need space, not so easy to tell when I need interaction. That's part of what makes me so certain. I spend a few days 100% alone and I'm great...I spend a few hours around a lot of noise, chaos, and activity, and I feel like I'm going to erupt like a volcano. My friend knows when I'm at my threshold because I get really quiet and tense. Maybe this would help you if you're struggling with the I/E Dom Function determination.

EDIT:
I just remembered that my dad is an extrovert, but still needs to just get away sometimes. So perhaps my thoughts above are premature...but personally, I have the ability to seem like an extrovert with customers (situation in which I am forced to interact), but eventually I just run out of the fuel to do it and I get quiet because I just can't anymore. I burn out. My Dad seems to be able to actually maintain it, and seeks it out on his own. It's not mostly situations where it's forced, he creates the situation. I don't really do that much. In fact, just take all of this with a grain of salt as these are just current understandings and subject to possible change and growth after further exploration.
The rest of this was not part of the edit:

Ti/Ne:
  • Other people tend to arrive at conclusions faster than I do. I tend to encourage people to slow down and consider more options.
  • Would rather take some time to consider my options before making a decision.
  • I tend to take a cautious approach to conclusions compared to others I've known.
  • I hate feeling pressured to make decisions about unfamiliar things immediately.
  • Holistic (Explodes like a huge mind map, sometimes overwhelming. Rather have one ultimate end-all be-all decision than make a mistake or a wrong move. Effective in accuracy. Sees so many options, can sometimes struggle to narrow them down.)

Te/Ni:

• Something I like about myself is my decisiveness. I like to make a decision and keep moving forward, even though I might have to refine it later.
  • Would rather make a decision and not get caught up in paralysis or hesitation. Not necessarily careless about mistakes, but will correct as I see a need for improvement.
  • At times I can be tempted to to become impatient when people take too long to decide.
  • I think it's more important to keep moving forward than to get everything to be perfect in the first try.
  • Linear (Decide and Move Forward, even if it's not necessarily the ultimate end-all be-all decision. Efficiency in terms of progress.)

PS
Set goals for yourself now. My IQ score / aptitude / opportunity was up there too, and I didn't apply myself in school. Living this life I live now is a whole lot harder than it would have been to just discipline myself to do school and not care about the acceptance of my hateful peers that I don't even talk to anymore 10 years later. Everybody hates the smart kid, but it's better to be hated for a season than to hate the rest of your own life because you tossed it aside and procrastinated to try to gain their acceptance. Where you start is not as important as where you end. So quit getting kicked out of school and go far.
:thumbup:
Maybe that's not even your situation and I'm projecting bc you remind me of myself, but...I'll say it anyways, because then again, maybe I'm not that far off from you, too.

Last edited: