• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] What cognitive functions am I using by doing this?

stepharoth

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am still really unsure of my type (not getting a lot of responses on other forums), so I'm trying to determine Ti/Te and Fi/Fe to bridge the gap of understanding between possibly INFJ and INTJ, as the one thing I'm pretty sure of is I'm a Ni dom. Can anyone pull apart and code the habit(s) below to give me something else to stew on?

This year I moved to a new apt that charges monthly for water usage, shared among the tenants. I cared peripherally about the consumption for a few months, since other people are now reliant on my habits to keep their own bills down. Seemingly out of nowhere, I had an idea to cut down on water usage in a big/easy way by changing how I wash my hands at home.

If you're unaware, the recommended time for hand-washing is 20 seconds of lather (though my old coworkers may as well have never had that training... disgusting), I knew I had to do things in the order below for maximum time saving:

1. Pump soap in hands
  2. Splash hands with water
  3. Lather for 20 seconds with water off
  4. Rinse for 20 seconds (or however long)

I've effectively cut my hand-washing time in half (not letting the water run while lathering). I now do this every time, and I feel super annoyed if I don't because it's a waste otherwise. Anyway, I'm new and a huge dork; be nice to me. Thanks! :bye:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am still really unsure of my type (not getting a lot of responses on other forums), so I'm trying to determine Ti/Te and Fi/Fe to bridge the gap of understanding between possibly INFJ and INTJ, as the one thing I'm pretty sure of is I'm a Ni dom. Can anyone pull apart and code the habit(s) below to give me something else to stew on?

This year I moved to a new apt that charges monthly for water usage, shared among the tenants. I cared peripherally about the consumption for a few months, since other people are now reliant on my habits to keep their own bills down. Seemingly out of nowhere, I had an idea to cut down on water usage in a big/easy way by changing how I wash my hands at home.

If you're unaware, the recommended time for hand-washing is 20 seconds of lather (though my old coworkers may as well have never had that training... disgusting), I knew I had to do things in the order below for maximum time saving:

1. Pump soap in hands
  2. Splash hands with water
  3. Lather for 20 seconds with water off
  4. Rinse for 20 seconds (or however long)

I've effectively cut my hand-washing time in half (not letting the water run while lathering). I now do this every time, and I feel super annoyed if I don't because it's a waste otherwise. Anyway, I'm new and a huge dork; be nice to me. Thanks! :bye:

Hello. I can't say if this can be chalked up to a certain function but this sounds Te to me.