User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool What cognitive functions am I using by doing this?

I am still really unsure of my type (not getting a lot of responses on other forums), so I'm trying to determine Ti/Te and Fi/Fe to bridge the gap of understanding between possibly INFJ and INTJ, as the one thing I'm pretty sure of is I'm a Ni dom. Can anyone pull apart and code the habit(s) below to give me something else to stew on?

This year I moved to a new apt that charges monthly for water usage, shared among the tenants. I cared peripherally about the consumption for a few months, since other people are now reliant on my habits to keep their own bills down. Seemingly out of nowhere, I had an idea to cut down on water usage in a big/easy way by changing how I wash my hands at home.

If you're unaware, the recommended time for hand-washing is 20 seconds of lather (though my old coworkers may as well have never had that training... disgusting), I knew I had to do things in the order below for maximum time saving:

1. Pump soap in hands
    2. Splash hands with water
    3. Lather for 20 seconds with water off
    4. Rinse for 20 seconds (or however long)

I've effectively cut my hand-washing time in half (not letting the water run while lathering). I now do this every time, and I feel super annoyed if I don't because it's a waste otherwise. Anyway, I'm new and a huge dork; be nice to me. Thanks!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by stepharoth View Post
    I am still really unsure of my type (not getting a lot of responses on other forums), so I'm trying to determine Ti/Te and Fi/Fe to bridge the gap of understanding between possibly INFJ and INTJ, as the one thing I'm pretty sure of is I'm a Ni dom. Can anyone pull apart and code the habit(s) below to give me something else to stew on?

This year I moved to a new apt that charges monthly for water usage, shared among the tenants. I cared peripherally about the consumption for a few months, since other people are now reliant on my habits to keep their own bills down. Seemingly out of nowhere, I had an idea to cut down on water usage in a big/easy way by changing how I wash my hands at home.

If you're unaware, the recommended time for hand-washing is 20 seconds of lather (though my old coworkers may as well have never had that training... disgusting), I knew I had to do things in the order below for maximum time saving:

1. Pump soap in hands
    2. Splash hands with water
    3. Lather for 20 seconds with water off
    4. Rinse for 20 seconds (or however long)

I've effectively cut my hand-washing time in half (not letting the water run while lathering). I now do this every time, and I feel super annoyed if I don't because it's a waste otherwise. Anyway, I'm new and a huge dork; be nice to me. Thanks!
    Hello. I can't say if this can be chalked up to a certain function but this sounds Te to me.
    Time You Enjoy Wasting is Not Wasted Time - Marthe Troly-Curtin,
    Likes stepharoth liked this post