• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and eyes?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It's quite clear to me that functions influence eyes. Ne has some mind of playful quality to them. Fe has a soft look. Ti has a confrontation look to them . Ti has a precise look to them. However, does anybody notice how some of the MBTI which share all of the same functions have the same set of eyes?

For instance, ESFP and ENTJ look so similar to me in their eyes. Since ESFP and and ENTJ use Te, there is some direct conformation look to to their eyes. I can also see Ni ESFP which games them a intense and percise gaze to look eyes similar to what an ENTJ has. The MBTI types with the same function have the same eyes to them. However, the difference being that the functions are arranged in a different order therefore giving them different kind of eyes. For instance, ESFP has a softer look to their eyes because using Fi. Meanwhile, ENTJ use Ni more giving them a piercing gaze. ENTJ has the "soft look" in their eyes because they use Fi but it's not as apparent as an ESFP. ESFP gave a intense and percizing look what an ENTJ has but it's not as apparent due to Ni not being as prevalent in an ESFP.

Does anybody agree with my idea that I came up with?
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have noticed a lot of infjs have a certain look with respect their eyes so it wouldn't surprise me if there was something to it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I have heard much about "INFP eyes", which I seem to have.
I think this has validity since personality and thinking styles will obviously influence facial expressions, including the look in the eyes.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, there is the supposed "INTJ death glare".

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Juan Sandoval thinks that type can be determined by examining facial expressions (and eye movement), and he wrote an entire book on how to do just that.
Much of the theory in the book in on this website: Cognitive Type – Mind-Body Psychology

And no, ENTJs and ESFPs don't seem to have similar eyes.

ENTJ:

ESFP:

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This article may be helpful, though I find it a bit stereotypical.

What Dwells Behind the Eyes of Each Myers-Briggs Type

In my own eyes, I think I see sadness behind them, but I don't think others do much. I'm told I have very expressive eyes, and that my eyes make me look like an elf, woodland fairy, or alien (sometimes those comments are because my left eye is deformed, though).

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been told I have Ne eyes, lmfao.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I've been told I have Ne eyes, lmfao.

My hair is so FJ today :wubbie:

My eyes wander a lot and don't tend to focus on any one thing at a time. I feel like I'm usually "scanning" my environment more than anything, or seeing everything as a whole. I've been told when I'm thinking though, I look pissed off haha. This may be because when I think, I'm often visualizing something in my environment that isn't actually there, like molding and positioning an idea in front of me. So, whatever my eyes translate to, who knows?

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I get a lot of compliments as I have very light and clear, blue eyes but I never thought they could be linked to my MBTI type - to be honest, I don't find them especially tough or round, I think they mostly look mischievous//happy but they can also have this softer daydreaming look when I am thinking or if I talk to someone I like or be very determined or lost if I am confused or even rather blank if I want to hide my feelings so I have no idea if my eyes relate to my type :D

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For all its worth I get told I have kind and innocent but also mischievous :). It helps they are this shade of like baby blue which is good for misleading people as the contrast between the innocent blue color and the trolly look of my eyes confuses people lol and makes me a better troll as they are like hmmm maybe brainz is a good guy and thye like trust me then I troll them and laugh at them.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For all its worth I get told I have kind and innocent but also mischievous :). It helps they are this shade of like baby blue which is good for misleading people as the contrast between the innocent blue color and the trolly look of my eyes confuses people lol and makes me a better troll as they are like hmmm maybe brainz is a good guy and thye like trust me then I troll them and laugh at them.

Ah yes my eyes have this innocent look to them sometimes. The way I can smile can look innocent. Yet I'm far from.

Other than that though, when I'm serious my eyes are more half open like my half asleep. Been asked if I was high, as it goes along with my deep sunken eyelids. When I'm thinking though I can have a pretty intense and analytical look to my eyes and have been told so. My eyes tend to intimidate people generally for whatever reason, or they elicited an angry response as I tend to almost stare more than look. Analyzing their faces, and sometimes doing so in purpose because their discomfort with eye contact intrigues and amuses me as I have no such discomfort with it. I am eye contact heavy and can read people best that way.

In summary
Anywhere from..
Intense, trolly, hawk eyes
To
Innocent and friendly laid back
To
High, tired, bored

Whatever that means but it can definitely throw people off

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Juan Sandoval thinks that type can be determined by examining facial expressions (and eye movement), and he wrote an entire book on how to do just that.
Much of the theory in the book in on this website: Cognitive Type – Mind-Body Psychology

And no, ENTJs and ESFPs don't seem to have similar eyes.

ENTJ:

ESFP:

I do believe that ENTJ and ESFP have similar eyes. They have all of the same functions just in a different order. Keep in mind I never said that their eyes were exactly the same. I can obviously see the difference between dominate Fi in ESFP and dominate Ni in ENTJ.

Other types like ENFJ and ESFJ have the same soft Fe look to their faces, however, their different functions give them a different look to their faces. So, if you believe that ENFJ and ESFJ have the same Fe soft look to their face, then it's quite possible for types who share all of the same functions have really similar looking eyes like ENTJ and ESFP.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ummm... my ENFP sis and I have same eyes except for the eye color... we always said it was genetics :unsure:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have had people tell me that when my eyes seem to be smiling (in addition to my mouth/rest of face), they get worried.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have "Fi eyes". Because I'm social last, to be more irrelevant to the topic. I also think it's something to do with the fact that they're very dark brown in color. Which I think is less open seeming. Similarly to the way an icy shade of blue might seem lacking in overt warmth and effusiveness.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My brother and I have similar eyes- a mixture of my dads baby blues and my moms emerald greens. Mine tend to lean more green than his do- but both of our eyes have a tendency to take on the shades of what we wear. If I wear blue, my eyes look a lot more blue, green- and my eyes look green. Same with him.

My eyes are fairly soft looking. His eyes are rounder than mine. I dont know. Mine also tend to have a dazed look... I get told I look high a lot in pictures... like- I get told that A LOT. They also... when I get excited tend to kinda pop. I dunno.

I'm an ISFP and have sleepy, almond shaped eyes with a bit of a droopier eyelid than the other and have been told before that I look either sad, angry, or high as a kite even though I don’t smoke the reefer, ha. On the other hand, my sister is bordering between ESFP and ISFP and she has ginormous, rounded moon shaped eyes that have a bright, sunny presence to them. We have completely different looking eyes.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can tell much more by the general vibe, facial expressions, body language..

However, here are some of my notices..

I find INFP eyes to be more innocent, and there's something captivating about them..
ENFJ eyes have special warmth and sparkle in them.
ESTP are usually sharp piercing eyes, and kind of like a leopard..
ENFP is more of a rounder features in general, and more optimistic look..
ENTP kind of hiding a smile, making fun of you inside their heads, might have one brow higher than the other..
ENTJ confident and calm look, deep set eyes
ISTJ hiding behind glasses, not usually looking directly to people, unless it is very necessary..
INTJ Death stare, softened with a little hint of sparkle..
INTP have this kind of look where you just woke up in the Monday morning and would pay anything to not go to work, or just had a hit on your head..
ISTP are either very innocent, childish look, or very seductive piercing eyes, but they always have a positive energy coming out of them..