• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Your MBTI type and entertainment.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Does anyone seek out musicians/entertainers/directors, etc, who are their type or similiar? Of course it has no bearing on type, but this question popped into my mind and I found myself really intruiged and curious. And so I've started to seek out more extroverted artists, just in general, not exactly my type. Art and creativity is of course not chained to one type, but I was wondering what you all thought... do you seek out people who have your type, an opposite type, or a similiar (flipped) type? Do you think their ideas/concepts are the same as yours -- do you feel you relate? Do you prefer Introverted artists or Extroverted artists, to ask more superficially of a question/generalize more.

I'm personally a huge fan of Quentin Tarantino and I love his work; he's an ESFP. I'm an ENFJ, and type aside, I just really like his work. I like that it's to the point and there's no hidden meanings, I like the long and detailed dialogue. It's entertaining and a ride, for sure. He's everything that I've wanted in a filmmaker or movie. For the moment, anyways. Watching his interviews are always entertaining as well and I love hearing what he has to say, and it's like I understand it better. Mostly because my mind is always on movies and entertainment stuff, but also because he makes it click, I don't know why. But I like it.

This question sounded a lot more interesting in my head, but I thought I'd ask.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting question. I don't really go out looking for musicians based on typing alone, but I have realized that many of my favorite songs have been composed by other NF and even NT people. I can have fun with SF/ST music if I'm in the mood, but, the NF musicians especially seem to speak straight into my soul with their lyrics and even the beat. So, I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for when you pop on the ol' headset.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, good question! My favorite band is Evanescence and I'm fairly sure Amy Lee is an INFJ.

Lead singers of:
Breaking Benjamin - XNFP?
Within Temptation - INFP?

My other three favorite bands, Red, Relient K, and Starset aren't famous enough for people to be speculating over their types on the internet but if I had to guess based off of their lyrics I'd type Red as INFX, Relient K as ENXP, and I maaaaybe ENFP for Starset. :unsure:

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm for me I dont listen to much music or watch much TV but I seem to like fiction wrote by xNTPs so there may be a link.

I don't seek them out, but I sometimes look up my type and others to see which artists are supposedly listed as that type and once in a while check to see the type for an artist I admire. Although, it doesn't make a difference to whether I enjoy that particular artist or not.

I think most of the musicians I tend to listen to are IxFPs, but I'm fairly certain it ranges everywhere. I don't care about actors and Hollywood stuff very much at all, so I don't know exactly what type I admire the most. For fine artists, they seem to be mainly xxFP. I can't pinpoint more specific types than that, except that I think I lean towards xxFPs the most.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't seek them out, but I sometimes look up my type and others to see which artists are supposedly listed as that type and once in a while check to see the type for an artist I admire. Although, it doesn't make a difference to whether I enjoy that particular artist or not.

I think most of the musicians I tend to listen to are IxFPs, but I'm fairly certain it ranges everywhere. I don't care about actors and Hollywood stuff very much at all, so I don't know exactly what type I admire the most. For fine artists, they seem to be mainly xxFP. I can't pinpoint more specific types than that, except that I think I lean towards xxFPs the most.

I'm the same, I like finding out other people who are my type, and it's especially fun if it's an artist/entertainer I like -- hence my whole post, LOL. I probably veer towards FJ and NFP's the most because I've typed as both previously and so I kind of feel akin to them.

Piercie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most people that I like are NP, and all the people that I like are Ns. People who have a lot of sensing get annoyed by my total out there space cadet ideas and constant planning and reflection, that as an E, I share with everyone, and as a T, I defend until my dying breath and will talk circles around anyone who dares to disagree. So I only really get along with Ns, and not at all for lack of trying. I don't really care about celebrities, though. I love Axl Rose, and he's a massive ESTP. But I overtype people as NP, and I like to think of my favorite people as NPs even if they're not.

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't go looking for entertainers of the same type as me. When I find an actor I like, I tend to look up what their type is. I especially do this with actors that I notice certain behaviors/mannerisms in after seeing them in multiple shows or movies - things that might not be the character they're playing but the actual person's mannerisms showing through (like if I consistently see a person moving their hands a certain way or fidgeting a lot or standing a certain way when they have no dialogue). I tend to notice these mannerisms in people of the same type or similar to my own (SPs). If the actor is the same type as me (or a similar type) then that tends to make me a bit more interested and more likely to watch other movies/shows they're in. With music I don't think as much about the type of the person that made it. I just listen to whatever sounds good. With movies/tv I tend to observe people, but with music I'm listening to it for myself and how it makes me feel so I'm not that concerned with the artist that made it.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm having a hard time coming up with ESTJ entertainers. :laugh:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A lot of my favorite entertainers are introverted in the 'socialness' use of the word. They also tend to be thinkers.

I don't check the MBTI of someone before I check their product.

President

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quentin Tarantino isn't an ESFP.

Taibreah

I haven't really considered the MBTI type of the musicians I listen to. I'm sure there is probably a good amount of NF ones, though.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm having a hard time coming up with ESTJ entertainers. :laugh:

Hmm. I tried to think of singers. Drew a blank. Probably more actors/actresses. ESTJ's can have that silly/goofy side, which is pretty cool to see, but I don't see comedians either. *shrug*

To OP: I'm pretty sure Eddie Van Halen is an ISTP and he's one of my favs but I'm drawn to everything and don't think about type. Just what I like. :)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I listen to Melanie Martinez and i think she's one of the IXFPs, and Marina and the Diamonds who is INTJ.

I have no idea about the types of authors, tv show/movie creators.