123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    STFU
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    ILE None

Default Does too much Intuition exhausts you?

Because it exhaust the fuck out of me. Anyone who's got the same experience?

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: I'm going to guess it's the Ni, because I don't really see this in ISFJs- information 'unzips' as it's coming in, and it can definitely be exhausting trying to figure out what part I'm actually seeing vs. what I'm adding that might not be there. Especially if there's an emotional charge from the information. It can be a thoroughly exhaustive process of first bouncing the situation off of people whose judgment I trust- I try to ask someone already familiar with the environment/people/details because they're most likely to yield the most helpful feedback, rather than bouncing it off of someone unfamiliar with any of it, or someone who tends to just instinctively to provide echo chamber-style support (if someone too easily says something like "what a jerk!" without even knowing that many details, I tend to not value their judgment to bounce things off of).

I've been on the receiving end of a couple INFJs 'unzipping' completely bizarre meanings 'between the lines' of my words, and they seem to be completely unaware that what they heard has nothing to do with me or what I actually said (and I mean, things I would never say). The prospect of actually doing that to someone myself is enough of an aversion to make me want to double-check, triple-check, stick it in the freezer for a month, then triple-check it again before saying something. And if I don't have someone whose judgment I can trust (and who is familiar with the situation) to double-check, triple-check, and then triple-check again, then I get really avoidant about it and steer clear of the person causing the emotional charge.

That's on the more extreme end. I think the more typical everyday annoying INFJ mistake is to 'unzip' something relatively insignificant- but probably which still feels invasive (and annoying) to the person to hear. Even that takes a lot of energy to manage. Because it's only possible to constantly distill the observable detail from whatever gets added to it, it's not possible to turn it off altogether.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

INFJ 5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari -or- disagree with my type?
    Likes There liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Intuition that is based on interesting speculation or abstract ideas is fun for me, but the nit-picky business (which may be more of the judging functions) drives me crazy. I simply cannot participate once that gets over the top. There are certain debate styles that are completely revolting to me, so I can't do it.
    bunny omi

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

In most cases I cannot burn out from my own intuition but I can figuratively be tired of it, if that makes any sense. Counselors I've had do not understand my great use of it lol.

Often in my life I usually use a lot of sensation activities too to balance this intensive thinking. Training my mind to calm down through meditation has helped me greatly.

I don't know a day in my life without using my intuition really.

Bismuth's Pumpkin Pie 🥧 Amethyst Archon's Avatar
    Enneagram
    712 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

As a N dom person I never tire from using N. Asking a dom N if they tire from using their intuition is like asking a fish if they ever tire from swimming or a plant from photosynthesizing. As for other people using intution it never tires me and its like man its like a energy pill for me .
    7w6 9w1 2w3 Pisces Sun-Libra Moon-Libra Rising

💎My Beautiful Bismuth💎
    You are my treasured sweet little daisy, my Queen and most importantly of all my best friend in the whole wide world. I love you so much!

Marshmallow Heart thepink-cloakedninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sp/sx

Definitely not. Using Ne is very exciting and relaxing for me. Ni doesn't exhaust me, but it does make me very very sad.
    Skinny people are easier to kidnap
    Stay safe
    Eat cheesecake
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

I guess so. I exhaust myself mentally by thinking a lot during the day, sometimes. It goes in a spiral and it's kind of depressing, so I try not to.
    Oh I've finally decided my future lies
    Beyond the yellow brick road

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Once when my dog died, I felt him viewing the world through my eyes for about a week, and I had ongoing language fatigue - especially at the end of the day. It felt like such a detailed, complicated, and ineffective way of communicating.
    bunny omi

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

YES,
    sometimes I just want to relax and not read everyone's minds. :-P

MBTI
    xNTP

Hm... I'm not sure. If it does, I don't really notice, because I'm busy N-ing.