• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does too much Intuition exhausts you?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My experience is similar. In fact, I get tired when I do not have the opportunity to exercise Ni freely and sufficiently (which has been too often as of late, but that's another story). When I can let it run free and lose myself in those ideas, it can be either calmly energising, or even exhilarating, depending on the nature of the ideas involved. It feels like what I was meant to be doing. Everything else is just going through the motions.

The sort of nitpicky thinking Labyrinthine describes, IME, is exactly that: thinking, or at least using a judgment function, especially Je. It is using Je without much involvement of Ni that I find tiring, especially anything that is protracted, requires attention to detail, and is not interesting. That stuff makes me want to tear my hair out.

No it doesn't exhaust me. I spend so much of daily life extroverting and dealing with every day matters that I'm not sure there is enough time to get exhausted. Some of my most enjoyable time is driving because I can let my mind wander and be less pressured for responses in the moment. It can be tiring that people are very often looking for me to have the answers and the stress of constantly trying to come up with them on the spur of the moment can be draining.. I'm like why can't you figure out this, that or the other thing for yourself. My intuition does not work in a ideal way in this on demand mode though I can do it and have learned to think aloud without confusing everyone around me. It's taken a long time to develop that though.

Nice to hear two other INTJs express the same thing I feel

- - - Updated - - -

No, "too much" intuition does not exhaust me.

Too much Je, without enough Ni input does; as does too much Pe.

Ni to me is like being in the water, and I'm naturally a dolphin.

But for most of the day I have to walk around on land.

And I'm constantly wanting to go back to the water.

thetk

MBTI Type
xNTP
I thought a little more about it, and retract my earlier post about it not being noticeable.

Ni is soul-suckingly exhausting and stressful for me. It's very noticeable. I even avoid it.
Ne is like Pringles. I can Ne any time. ;)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too much sensing exhausts me

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Using intuition in itself is energizing for me...it's trying to organize it and express it that can be exhausting.

Sometimes I have multiple ideas at once and want to say everything but I don't know where to start, so I don't really say anything.

Tater

Largely depends on the person and orientation.

Ni often energizes me. When I interact with Ni dom/aux people, they nudge me to reexamine my judgments. The consequent uncertainty leads me to make preparations for a wider variety of outcomes. In the end, I wind up more forward thinking, adaptable, and active.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends solely on situation. My dom Ni boss drives me nuts. Dom Ne GF and dom Ni(intj) dad don't bother me at all. I work good side by side with dominant intuitive...not one that is a boss/manager. To disconnected from present reality. It's like...yeah you know some reality, but that isn't all that applicable here in this situation. Not stupid, just not very applicable. Dom Ni (infj) friend doesn't phase me much either. I have found with dom Ni you just have to appease their perception of possibility to get along well...to stubborn in regard to not appeasing their perception and all help breaks loose. Why me and my boss butt heads...because at work it's about functional and correct, with appeasement ranking pretty low. Outside of work though where it's more an open give and take without any predefined hierarchy that people follow or expectations that have to be met all is good.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No it doesn't exhaust me. I spend so much of daily life extroverting and dealing with every day matters that I'm not sure there is enough time to get exhausted. Some of my most enjoyable time is driving because I can let my mind wander and be less pressured for responses in the moment. It can be tiring that people are very often looking for me to have the answers and the stress of constantly trying to come up with them on the spur of the moment can be draining.. I'm like why can't you figure out this, that or the other thing for yourself. My intuition does not work in a ideal way in this on demand mode though I can do it and have learned to think aloud without confusing everyone around me. It's taken a long time to develop that though.

Jesus this.

President

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the sense that I overthink things constantly, yes. Oftentimes I wish I could just shut my mind off for a while and simply exist in the unfiltered present moment. I guess that's the nature of inferior Se; you desire what is hardest for you to obtain. And at times I've turned to alcohol and other indulgences to force it to emerge, so I certainly fit that pattern.

Then again, it is all a trade-off. Strong intuition is of course not without its benefits. And I am happiest and most energized in the moments I am free to indulge fully in it without feeling any pressure to deal with "the real world." The problem is those moments are pretty rare. So I wouldn't say it's the intuition itself that exhausts me so much as the fact that I am dominated by intuition in a world created by and for sensing types, which forces me to adapt in ways that often take a lot of energy out of me.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes it happens to me, that I get too lost in it and then it's difficult for me to get back down to the physical world. It can be difficult to to balance the sense of physical stillness then. Sometimes I just need something or someone to ground me and remind me that the real world is just as important as my abstract thought.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
No. I remember I studied the MBTI and Jung' Psychological types, until 3 am and felt no exhaustion and becoming amazed of myself. I think it is one of The way to test you are intuitive or sensor is to try studying something theoretical and see how long will you last.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thinking itself doesn't exhaust me, unless its been more than 20 hours with no sleep. The brain does feel tired after extended times, even more so if school is involved. Yet I always have time for daydreaming till I am actually asleep.