First 1234 Last

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I'm actually not too sure what you mean by this question. Do you mean, if one gets tired of the thought process involved with either the intuition functions, specifically speaking?? I'm assuming so but not sure if you're asking for something broader. I ask because I'm really not all that sure how to answer this. It's not like I "feel" some intuition process happening, it's just I don't know, what I know as my normal day-to-day sense of being?

I do tend to think a lot, and very much live in my head a fair percentage of my day, and even then, it's not some active thing I do, but it sort of switches on and off and plays out like some personal narration of my life. But even then, it's not as though it requires much energy on my part, it's really just me soaking in my atmosphere and letting my mind to freely pick and pull things from the environment to entertain me with at the moment.

When I DO get drained and exhausted though, it tends to be when I have to put all my attention and focus into something for far too long. Sadly, it may only take about an hour for me to feel my energy levels deplete from this. I really do have to keep jumping around different ideas and play things to keep me and my mind active. Not doing that induces physical but mostly mental exhaustion.

Ya, probably not the answer you were looking for, but that is the main thing that comes to mind when I think of stuff that drains me. Intuition? Nah
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Brain in a Jar View Post
    As a N dom person I never tire from using N. Asking a dom N if they tire from using their intuition is like asking a fish if they ever tire from swimming or a plant from photosynthesizing. As for other people using intution it never tires me and its like man its like a energy pill for me .
    My experience is similar. In fact, I get tired when I do not have the opportunity to exercise Ni freely and sufficiently (which has been too often as of late, but that's another story). When I can let it run free and lose myself in those ideas, it can be either calmly energising, or even exhilarating, depending on the nature of the ideas involved. It feels like what I was meant to be doing. Everything else is just going through the motions.

The sort of nitpicky thinking Labyrinthine describes, IME, is exactly that: thinking, or at least using a judgment function, especially Je. It is using Je without much involvement of Ni that I find tiring, especially anything that is protracted, requires attention to detail, and is not interesting. That stuff makes me want to tear my hair out.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I feel like people with lower N would find intuition more exhausting.

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    I feel like people with lower N would find intuition more exhausting.
    I wonder if the same can be said with Intuitives feeling exhausted by S type situations?? I for one can feel overstimulated in some environments, where noise, excitement, mostly visual clutter and data, is all clamoring for my attention left and right, up and down. I can take it, and to a degree, actually feed off it, but it does wear me down fairly quickly. Though, I wouldn't doubt that could tire anyone out haha. Nevermind, I shall slink away into the darkness now.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    I wonder if the same can be said with Intuitives feeling exhausted by S type situations?? I for one can feel overstimulated in some environments, where noise, excitement, mostly visual clutter and data, is all clamoring for my attention left and right, up and down. I can take it, and to a degree, actually feed off it, but it does wear me down fairly quickly. Though, I wouldn't doubt that could tire anyone out haha. Nevermind, I shall slink away into the darkness now.
    well it's probably more like they do not want to constantly view life from their inferior function's point of view. Over stimulated from environment is more hsp or autistic.

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    well it's probably more like they do not want to constantly view life from their inferior function's point of view. Over stimulated from environment is more hsp or autistic.
    Agreed. I definitely see the value Si can play in my life, but staying there too long just sucks the joy of life out of me. And it actually takes quite a bit of external stimulation to feel overwhelmed so HSP is off my list, I was just grasping at straws for something "sensory".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Too much thinking exhausts me, because it leads to over-thinking.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I prefer an excess of Ni over Ne. My natural tendency when I hear an idea is to immediately start figuring out how realistically feasible it is. Even if it's obviously absurd, it's fun to think about what it would mean to implement it. Ne makes this exhausting.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Tater liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No it doesn't exhaust me. I spend so much of daily life extroverting and dealing with every day matters that I'm not sure there is enough time to get exhausted. Some of my most enjoyable time is driving because I can let my mind wander and be less pressured for responses in the moment. It can be tiring that people are very often looking for me to have the answers and the stress of constantly trying to come up with them on the spur of the moment can be draining.. I'm like why can't you figure out this, that or the other thing for yourself. My intuition does not work in a ideal way in this on demand mode though I can do it and have learned to think aloud without confusing everyone around me. It's taken a long time to develop that though.
    Likes Wind Up Rex, Zarathustra, Tater liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I prefer an excess of Ni over Ne. My natural tendency when I hear an idea is to immediately start figuring out how realistically feasible it is. Even if it's obviously absurd, it's fun to think about what it would mean to implement it. Ne makes this exhausting.
    Exactly how I feel. I am also known to take things very 'litteral' when someone brings even a silly idea up. Definitely not your average conversationalist.
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post