• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFJ romantic interest vs friend zone

dreamer03

y INFJs, I have an INFJ male friend and was wondering if there is any way to tell if he is interested in me romantically or not? Lately, he's been initiating the two of us hanging out, (for the past month or two its been once or twice a week typically, but he's not the kind of guy that has ever initiated hanging out one on one with a girl - he's pretty reserved) he said I was beautiful a couple of times, he opens up to me and we have the best deep conversations, and he's protective of me. I've also noticed that he treats me differently when we're alone than when we're in a group. In a group he seems more extroverted and almost seems to intentionally ignore me.. but whenever we're alone, he used to be extremely quiet and shy and has only recently started to open up, but our conversations have started to flow deeply and naturally. We seem to click really well during our one on one conversations.

However, he seems to be sending mixed signals and is very difficult to read. I would just ask him about it but we've had such a great friendship over the last few years and I don't want to make things awkward or mess it up. So, I thought I'd ask you awesome people on here what you think? Thanks in advance for the replies!

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Flirt with him. If he's interested, he will reciprocate, and it will escalate from there. If it doesn't, then he's not.

This is generalized advice, but it should hold.