• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] i had this dream on ni and ne?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
i had this dream were extroverted intuition is all possibilitie within the box and ni goes from box to box like this
Untitled.jpg

Gone

So Ni people are playing The Floor Is Lava and Ne people just don't care.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey Ni people are far better at platform games as they look where they jump to the next platform while Ne people keep dying in those platform games.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Smoking marijuana before bed and reading Carl Jung tend to give you that sort of dream, yeah.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
i had this dream were extroverted intuition is all possibilitie within the box and ni goes from box to box like this
View attachment 18025

I came up with a very similar idea last year, comparing the processes with concepts from computer science: (my idea also came to me in a dream :D)

It occurred to me in a dream last night that in their idea generation process, Ni is like a depth first search, while Ne is like breadth first search.

Breadth-first search - Wikipedia
Depth-first search - Wikipedia

Depth-first search focuses in and goes deep, then backpedals.
Breadth-first search starts shallow and broad and slowly goes deep.

Here are diagrams to explain (the numbers indicate the order that the node is accessed in):

DFS:
fKKmXge.png

BFS:
blRzuZE.png

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So Ni people are playing The Floor Is Lava and Ne people just don't care.

I never did like that game. I got bored of it after my first jump.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Hey Ne is far more fun than Ni so I dont blame ya. Dying in platform games is no fun but IRL we can invent 100000 ways to excuse ourselves for getting on the lava so it all works out ;).

Gone

Hey Ne is far more fun than Ni so I dont blame ya. Dying in platform games is no fun but IRL we can invent 100000 ways to excuse ourselves for getting on the lava so it all works out ;).

Who even wants to avoid the lava if you could go lava diving, and discovering lava reefs, and ancient cities under the lava, and fight lava monsters, and ...
All you need is a lava suit and some imagination.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Who even wants to avoid the lava if you could go lava diving, and discovering lava reefs, and ancient cities under the lava, and fight lava monsters, and ...

Hey people who hate lava jumping like Mr Creams are never gonna get to explore all lava planets in the future. We need people who can be willing to explore dangerous chemicals like maybe we can like get molten gold planets full of inner gold cultures and cities and shit so we can then like be the Spanish taking over the astexks and be gods in the golden world. There is always a way to explore a new danger as danger brings possbillty. Like hmmm these paranoid people who think apples are posion never get to taste one and they miss out.

Hey wiait a sec ED is like the one not avoiding the lava so he can join me in our lava planet exploariton. A few people do have to get badly scolded for the greater cause of finding a lava resistent craft and suit...................

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I came up with a very similar idea last year, comparing the processes with concepts from computer science: (my idea also came to me in a dream :D)

Here are diagrams to explain (the numbers indicate the order that the node is accessed in):

DFS:
fKKmXge.png

BFS:
blRzuZE.png

My Ni is more abstract than this and isn't that linear. In fact, I think it's multidimensional and would look like a network of scattered yet connected dots. But for comparison sake, I suppose it works.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
My Ni is more abstract than this and isn't that linear. In fact, I think it's multidimensional and would look like a network of scattered yet connected dots. But for comparison sake, I suppose it works.

I think the Ni-Fe combination produces an especially non-linear and holistic thought pattern, significantly more so than Ni-Te (My Ni is not so linear either, but it has a certain structure). According to Dr. A.J. Drenth, INFJs in particular also have a strong visual-symbolic component to their Ni. The difference is probably related to brain hemispheres; I've heard that NFPs and NFJs tend to have the strongest right-brain preference among the types.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Within the noumenal realm exist all possibilities, synthetic judgments give rise to intuition and perception a priori. These are both on the same side of the coin.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I think the Ni-Fe combination produces an especially non-linear and holistic thought pattern, significantly more so than Ni-Te (My Ni is not so linear either, but it has a certain structure). According to Dr. A.J. Drenth, INFJs in particular also have a strong visual-symbolic component to their Ni. The difference is probably related to brain hemispheres; I've heard that NFPs and NFJs tend to have the strongest left-brain preference among the types.

Do you mean that we have vivid visuals in our mind's eye? For whatever reason, this is something that is very weak in me. I'd like to improve upon it though.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about all the possibilities outside of the boxes? What cognitive function gets those?

But how would you see through the lava? I want to go lava diving now!!!!! :happy2: But I'll make friends with the lava monsters, instead. :wubbie:

Gone

But how would you see through the lava? I want to go lava diving now!!!!! :happy2: But I'll make friends with the lava monsters, instead. :wubbie:

I'm not sure if infrared vision would work, due to the heat of the medium we'd be in, so I'm going for sonar.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you mean that we have vivid visuals in our mind's eye? For whatever reason, this is something that is very weak in me. I'd like to improve upon it though.

From what I gather, the visual component of Ni is related to the concept of visual thinking. For example, it involves thinking using diagrams, mindmaps, symbols, visual memories, and whatnot. I doubt that this is a defining component of Ni, because research suggests that about 70% of people think in pictures to a degree, and 30% of people think mostly or almost exclusively in pictures. I've also known non-Ni users who were visual thinkers. The visual component of Ni also has something to do with receiving visions from the unconscious.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well, I've compared Ni to a kaleidoscope - what comprises one's viewpoint at any given time is complex and subject to change to deal with new information. Ni changes its focus.