• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What cognitive function/mbti lacks commitment?!

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I just wonder. I feel like i lack of commitment. 😳 it's like i don't wanna be stuck on something or somewhere or on someone or in a group. [emoji14]

Probably because i am not used to opening myself up to people like showing my vulnerabilities. Because sometimes if i feel so vulnerable i couldn't function very well.

Same with my job, i like changing jobs, moving apartments, meeting new people and not being stuck with them forever..

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My understanding is that the extroverted perceiving functions (Ne, Se) that are inspired by exploration and new experiences, so that what might be equated with 'lacking commitment', although you could also frame it as 'needing new experiences/information'.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Well if it makes you feel any better : I'm overly committed. I'm switching jobs now, after spending 2-3 years in unfavorable circumstances, for a total of 10 years at the same company.
I'm used to seeing Ne types switch much faster. I think labyrinthine makes a good point.
I think fear of commitment is pretty typical for ENTPs, including romantically. I doubt there's a quick fix for that or if there's any useful advice I can give on that ;) I kind of envy that sort of renegade characteristic.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
My understanding is that the extroverted perceiving functions (Ne, Se) that are inspired by exploration and new experiences, so that what might be equated with 'lacking commitment', although you could also frame it as 'needing new experiences/information'.
Yesssss

d24cc4cc5a83f83bae37604df12bd34f.gif

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Well if it makes you feel any better : I'm overly committed. I'm switching jobs now, after spending 2-3 years in unfavorable circumstances, for a total of 10 years at the same company.
I'm used to seeing Ne types switch much faster. I think labyrinthine makes a good point.
I think fear of commitment is pretty typical for ENTPs, including romantically. I doubt there's a quick fix for that or if there's any useful advice I can give on that ;) I kind of envy that sort of renegade characteristic.
Really?!!

32eb8a3e5d9ba1e4e87466cd83d0b0cc.gif

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne and e7 baby. Ride those waves. It's a gift and a curse, but I love knowing that I'll never let myself get stuck anywhere that's not best for me for very long.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Definitely not Si doms or e6s, lol.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Ne and e7 baby. Ride those waves. It's a gift and a curse, but I love knowing that I'll never let myself get stuck anywhere that's not best for me for very long.
I'm ne and kinda 7w8 too. >_< sometimes the bad side is, i kinda outgrown my old friends

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm ne and kinda 7w8 too. >_< sometimes the bad side is, i kinda outgrown my old friends

It's something that happens to everyone. We just feel it/respond to it more quickly and intensely I think. It can be rough, but it's not a bad thing.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just wonder. I feel like i lack of commitment. 😳 it's like i don't wanna be stuck on something or somewhere or on someone or in a group. [emoji14]

Probably because i am not used to opening myself up to people like showing my vulnerabilities. Because sometimes if i feel so vulnerable i couldn't function very well.

Same with my job, i like changing jobs, moving apartments, meeting new people and not being stuck with them forever..

E7. You sure you're not an ENFP?

Taibreah

Commitment in which sense, really? If it's about being in a committed relationship, then I tend to avoid that as I get bored easily in relationships. I value my freedom and I am hard pressed to let that go. I also wouldn't want to bore someone who could also bore me. Within me is a hint of wanting to do spontaneous things, but it's usually fleeting. I think I could only accomplish spontaneous things if it were initiated by an extrovert or someone more outgoing than myself.

As for a job. I would actually prefer to stick with a job for a good while, maybe 2-3 years. To me that's a long time. I don't know if I'd be able to stay doing the same job over that amount of years, but I could see myself with the same company/business if my job allows me to try different roles while still working in a structured and productive environment. I feel when it comes to a job or career, I need to be doing something productive. The closest thing I can think of is working in a distribution or fulfillment center.