• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Something to consider - F vs T

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
T - Everyone should be treated fairly.
F - Everyone should be treated as an individual.

What say you?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
X - Everyone should be treated fairly individually.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
T - Everyone should be treated fairly.
F - Everyone should be treated as an individual.

What say you?

What about situations in which not treating someone as an individual would be unfair?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
F, imo, is more "Everyone should be treated well." Not to say it's 100% accurate.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Just a side note, these aren't my definitions. I found them in the introduction to MBTI that I'm re-reading. If the book is to be believed the definitions are Ms Isabel's.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
What about situations in which not treating someone as an individual would be unfair?
Errmmm :thinking: ... you panic?

:smile:

I think that neither is ever intended as a maxim and nor are they supposed to be mutually exclusive. Yet again with T & F the two cross over quite a lot.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Errmmm :thinking: ... you panic?

:smile:

I think that neither is ever intended as a maxim and nor are they supposed to be mutually exclusive. Yet again with T & F the two cross over quite a lot.

Ah, I see. I suppose my behavior isn't that unusual, then. I would probably treat acquaintances and strangers fairly. But good friends, as well as enemies, get treated as individuals (to totally different ends, of course).

Of course, there's overlap after this, since I still apply my sense of what's fair to some degree with friends in tense/conflict situations, and sometimes pay attention to an individuals needs even if I don't know them.

That's quite a mess, isn't it?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ah, I see. I suppose my behavior isn't that unusual, then. I would probably treat acquaintances and strangers fairly. But good friends, as well as enemies, get treated as individuals (to totally different ends, of course).

Of course, there's overlap after this, since I still apply my sense of what's fair to some degree with friends in tense/conflict situations, and sometimes pay attention to an individuals needs even if I don't know them.

That's quite a mess, isn't it?
Odd. I read it more as Ts treat people according to principles where each person is measured against a reasonable and reasoned target or maxim where as Fs treat people against measures that lie either within that person or the culture as a whole.

Perhaps that's F vs T reading it?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why does anyone even write books about type?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Odd. I read it more as Ts treat people according to principles where each person is measured against a reasonable and reasoned target or maxim where as Fs treat people against measures that lie either within that person or the culture as a whole.

Perhaps that's F vs T reading it?

I'm a little mixed up here. Read what as more what?

Those descriptions weren't even in the original definitions... where did that come from? I mean, I suppose it does make sense to say that Ts and Fs treat people the way you say, but... how is any of this related to what I said?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm a little mixed up here. Read what as more what?

Those descriptions weren't even in the original definitions... where did that come from? I mean, I suppose it does make sense to say that Ts and Fs treat people the way you say, but... how is any of this related to what I said?
Sorry I'm being a little obtuse.

Your reaction was firstly about who each applies to, my friends get more effort and hence I engage the T process where as strangers only get what I can most easily afford. Where as I was firstly looking into the principles and only thinking about ther personal angle after you brought it up.

Oh and those descriptions are illustrations of the differences between the preferences as written in "An Introduction to the MBTI" (least I think that's it... details).

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
What's the answer to 99 out of 100 questions? Money.
That'd be unusual me thinks. Interest first and money second. Why write about paint peeling if you can write about the love of your life?

I should mention that my father is one of these people and at the rate he's going me and my sister are the only one's who'll be benefiting!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cause they find it interesting and hope you do too. Is there ever any other reason?

But if it's so simple, how can they make it into a book?
Seems like someone's got to be wrong here...

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Would an example be the following: Someone that was seriously emotionaly damaged during childhood commits murder. T wants him to get the death penalty, F wants him to live and be rehabilitated because it's sort of not his fault. ?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
But if it's so simple, how can they make it into a book?
Seems like someone's got to be wrong here...
The principles of it are simple, the implications complex. Hence shadows and stuff.

Let's face it, according to some neurons are all we have... 1s and 0s. How can ANYTHING be that complex?
Would an example be the following: Someone that was seriously emotionaly damaged during childhood commits murder. T wants him to get the death penalty, F wants him to live and be rehabilitated because it's sort of not his fault. ?
That sounds about right. I think...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I'll have to go with justice then.
That's the thing though.. which one's that? I think the one you consider most just is indicative of what type you are.