• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI/Enneagram and sleeping position

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Research by Chris Idzikowski, the director of the Sleep Assessment and Advisory Service in London, has found a link between sleeping position and personality traits.

The Best Sleep Positions: Men's Health.com

Tell us: What is your preferred sleeping position and (if not stated on your profile) your MBTI type and core Enneatype?
If there are enough responses, it may be possible to find some links.

Sleeping Positions and Personality Traits:

The Freefall (7%): Freefallers are often extroverted and brash people. They appear nervy, but are truly thin-skinned people who take criticism personally.

The Fetus (41%): Those who sleep in the fetus are described as tough on the outside, but shy and sensitive at heart. They may take time to warm up to people, but soon relax.

The Log (15%): Log sleepers are social, easygoing people. The downside: their tendency to trust anyone—including complete strangers—makes them easy to fool.

The Yearner (13%): Yearners are open to new things, but also suspicious and cynical. They take a long time to make decisions—weighing pros and cons repeatedly—but once they make a choice, they almost never change their mind or have regrets.

The Soldier (8%): Soldier sleepers are generally quiet and reserved. They don’t like to make a big deal out of things, and they set very high standards for themselves and others.

The Starfish (5%): Starfish sleepers are described as great listeners and thus good friends. They’re always willing to offer help and generally don’t like being in the limelight.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
The Yearner. I also struggle with acid reflux as the article indicates.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fetus/yearner. i only sleep on my side!

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
The Yearner. I also struggle with acid reflux as the article indicates.

Try sleeping on the left side. That should help.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Fetus. I sleep on my side, generally my right side.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All? :shrug:

I always wake up in a different position.

What does that say about me? :frown: :whacko:

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The freefall. The description of the personality is completely off, plus I often have problems with digestion.
:shrug:

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Yearner with a little bit of Log.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
freefall and sometime fetus *looks at descriptions of each* yeah let's go with fetus.

I'll be disappointed if [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] doesn't sleep in the fetal position.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Mostly fetus, some yearner. But I have a history of back sleeping/starfish - when I was meditating regularly and therefore more calm/content.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yearner or fetus. Also, lots of blankets. :blush:

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP, 4w5

Mostly yearner but I'll do the fetus if it's cold. :p

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tend to sleep on my stomach these days. After a bit of tossing and turning. That, or on my side.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm assuming that the sleeping position I'm most comfortable with more accurately reflects my personality. Tried Freefall, made my neck sore. Log was hard to do as well - limbs everywhere, more like a splinter. Starfish chills the hands. Tried to do Soldier, but always end up turning the head, and the rest of the body follows. Out of the other four though, it was the more comfortable one.

A blend of Fetus and Yearner. So one half of the limbs bent, the other not-so-much. Maybe call it the Yoga Wannabe.

Can't say I'm cynical, but maybe that's more of a reflection of my age than anything else...

Jellyfish1234

Kind of like the Freefall, except my hands are at the side of my head, not above.

I wouldn't say I'm extroverted or brash, but I probably do sometimes seem nervy, and I do sometimes take criticism personally.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Soldier myself. Listed personality traits are fairly accurate. I've also been told I snore like a jet engine. Doesn't wake me up though.

Last edited: