• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI/Enneagram and sleeping position

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you are confused about your type. Why would you lie?

Oh, okay! What do you think my type is? :) Well ... I could be a criminal in deep doo doo who has it on record that her MBTI type is ESFP and so I'm pretending to be an INFP because I'm so very paranoid that the government would somehow find me if I associated myself in anyway with who I really am ... *shrug* Just 'cause you wanted a reason. ;)

Enneagram
9w1
I'm an INTP fetus. But lol common stereotypes are 1000% more correct than this correlation how is this at all related to typology? Gender is more type related than this... yeah idk how to really find any connections, unless we're relating the personality for each sleep position to mbti/enneagram not the position itself

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
freefall and sometime fetus *looks at descriptions of each* yeah let's go with fetus.

I'll be disappointed if [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] doesn't sleep in the fetal position.

I actually do! Sort of. I have one leg out and the other in the fetal position. My arms are holding my sheet and stuffed animals (who says adults can't have stuffed lambs?) and my ear is always covered. I need at least 6 inches of arm space because I often have one arm out and the other in.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I sleep mostly in the yearning position but in general i lseep quite oddly as I move around a lot at night (Phepas its me trying out different personalises.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, okay! What do you think my type is? :) Well ... I could be a criminal in deep doo doo who has it on record that her MBTI type is ESFP and so I'm pretending to be an INFP because I'm so very paranoid that the government would somehow find me if I associated myself in anyway with who I really am ... *shrug* Just 'cause you wanted a reason. ;)

You're a hard one. If I had to guess it would be ENFx 297 so/sx, but INFP and ESFJ are believable as well.

I sleep in the freefall position, but log style with my arms down by my side.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I either sleep on my stomach- right side- or back. Never the left side because thats just not comfy for whatever reason.

The back thing is actually cool for me because until recently sleeping on my back was hard because for whatever reason it was kinda hard to breathe that way. But- Ive for the most part outgrown any asthma so now I can.

But I usually yeah- stomach- head to the right- one arm under the pillow one at my side. To start. Then I flip flop everywhere.

So I dunno. The arms seem like super important with this but mine dont fit and Im too lazy to like figure out the combination of what styles that means and stuff.

Might do that later.

Um yeah. Thats that.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an INTP fetus. But lol common stereotypes are 1000% more correct than this correlation how is this at all related to typology? Gender is more type related than this... yeah idk how to really find any connections, unless we're relating the personality for each sleep position to mbti/enneagram not the position itself

The researchers found a correlation between sleeping position and personality, and I'm curious about how it relates to MBTI.
I'll try to find correlations between the dichotomies and the different positions first. I'll see if I can do more depending on the quality of the data.

Btw nice avatar.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fetus but I'm not tough on the inside or the outside

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I also sleep with a stuffed bunny

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I combine the yearner sleep position with the fetus sleep position. I usually sleep on my left side with one am under my pillow and one arm on top of my pillow. The arm on top of my pillow stays close to my face but the arm under my pillow is more stretched out like in the yearner position. My legs are not pulled close like in the fetus position. They're usually much more stretched out and bent somewhat at the knee. I think the descriptions for these sleep positions fit me well. I do tend to take a long time to make a decision because I want to be sure I'm making the right decision and I go back and forth between my options for awhile before coming to a decision. I am generally open to new things and experiences; however with new people I am somewhat suspicious at first. It takes me awhile to trust people and I generally don't talk to new people until I've observed them for awhile. I definitely don't share personal information with people until I've gotten to know them. I am shy but tend to act tougher on the outside. I sometimes come off as cold or standoffish since I act tough and don't talk to new people. I am an ISFP (or at least an IxFP; in MBTI questionnaires I usually test INFP but through classic jung function tests i test ISFP) and enneagram 4w5 sp.

Global1st

Permabanned
And I often have nightmares, so I wake up in the morning feeling broken. I was looking for information on the Internet about to find out why I often have nightmares. So I found Sleep authorities blog that has a lot of articles on how to improve your sleep. There I learned that you need to restrict access to various devices. I should stop using my mobile phone or laptop 2 hours before bedtime. Instead, it's better to read a book. Also, because I'm very impressionable, I'd rather not watch thrillers or horror movies. And I need to learn to enjoy the little things and to have more positive days in my life. In this case, I have a chance for a good sleep.

My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Freefall mixed with Yearner (sleep somewhat tilted).

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly Yearner, sometimes Freefall.

Yearner actually is relevant to me.