• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] An ESTP between a roguish and a warrior archetype.

Venoriom

MBTI Type
ESTP
Hello everyone.
I'm a gamer, a RPG lover and a MBTI addicted.
Now, I'm about to start a tabletop RPG with some friends.

The thing is, I always get stucked in the class selection phase between some roguish archetype class (wich includes rogues, rangers and swashbucklers), and the warrior archetype (fighters, barbarians or paladins).

I'm a ESTP and usually prefer adventure games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted and Assassins Creed. Games where you assume a role as some kind of hunter with high dexterity skills (a roguish archetype, for sure), and have to run, jump and swim to survive in some astonishing environments. In these games you have multiple ways to accomplish a mission or to engage - or not - the enemy, what also prevents the game to get boring. I like how these games are fast paced and how you can quickly deal with a large number of enemies.

In other hand, when I play multiplayer games, I'm way better playing in the front line: role usually reserved to the tanks (warrior archetype). And yes, I don't care about dying a thousand times, since I get some foes with me. It's also important for me to be the leader among my comrades.

So, this is my problem fellows. Wich of those two roles fits better to an ESTP?
I've seen some discussion about RPG and MBTI profiles, and most of them ends with users undecided between one or other direction. This is the final dispute.

Thanks for the help.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Depends on the system. If you're looking at a game like DnD, there's movement limitations. Rogues/rangers/monks etc are far better for mobility, and therefore may be more engaging, and your turn will come up faster - otherwise combat can be a bit snoreworthy.

If there's no movement limitations, go nuts.

In a tabletop, anybody who has the skill, in-character, is the leader. It's about group dynamics, not combat dynamics.

...A warlock is actually also pretty good, at least back in 4e, combat wise; you run in, AOE, then run back out.