• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] Communication

Jonneh

What is your favorite form of communication, and why? (e.g. text, call, email, in person, sign language) Please share your personality type with your answer.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Online chat/IM. ISFJ.

Reason: I'm shy.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Telepathy ;)

I prefer written communication like emails or texts if possible. INFJ

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Email or in-person. I despise the phone, and have limited texting capability/can't be bothered.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In person or texting..
I don't like phone calls they make me nervous

Kas

Fabula rasa
In person.

No other provides you so much information (like non-verbal language). Besides it seems most natural to me and if the person is someone I know well -it's the most private.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFJ - in person. I love looking into someone's eyes when they're talking and watching their facial expressions and gestures. I just get so caught up in their stories and receive such vivid images in my mind whenever people tell me things. It's lovely. I also enjoy email and letters as I get lots of time to come up with interesting questions to ask. My least favorite forms of communication are texting as it takes waaaayyy too long to type out my texts with that teeny tiny keyboard, and I dislike phone calls because all I have is the voice to go on and I rely heavily on visual cues.

Are you trying to study MBTI types, or something? xD

Jonneh

ESFJ - in person. I love looking into someone's eyes when they're talking and watching their facial expressions and gestures. I just get so caught up in their stories and receive such vivid images in my mind whenever people tell me things. It's lovely. I also enjoy email and letters as I get lots of time to come up with interesting questions to ask. My least favorite forms of communication are texting as it takes waaaayyy too long to type out my texts with that teeny tiny keyboard, and I dislike phone calls because all I have is the voice to go on and I rely heavily on visual cues.

Are you trying to study MBTI types, or something? xD

Yeah. I like to learn about the different types, and how they act in real life. The functions are just boring to read and don't tell me much of anything about the people themselves. Actually getting an inside look on how the types act and think helps me get to know them better.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ - In person, phone.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP: The language of flowers, or perhaps semaphore flags. Morse code is acceptable in some situations.

Jellyfish1234

Written communication such as emails/texts/online messaging, because I find it easier to communicate clearly because I have time to think about what I want to say and choose the best way to articulate it rather than scramble around in panic trying to awkwardly say what I kind of think I want to say but not doing it very well. I'm also shy and I suppose I feel less of a burning light of judgement on me if I'm not there in person and feel as though I can be more relaxed. INFJ.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If I totally had my way, I would text/IM/email. I don't mind the phone but that took years practice. In person, eh, it's not my favorite. I'm not shy at all, I just have a limited socializing budget.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Email when professional exchanges because there isn't an immediate time pressure, no small talk, just to the point.

In person when it's personal because I love the tangible aspects of a person with the intangible. This may not make sense but it crossed my mind - most connections with people feel intangible, so those rare people I feel an intimate connection with are the few times it feels tangible, so I don't want it electronic. With strangers I want it intangible.

INF

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
While I believe that in person conversations would lead to the least amount of miscommunication (due to being able to see he other person's facial expressions/body language and hear their tone of voice), I prefer texting or instant messaging over any other form of communication (but sometimes this can lead to misunderstandings if you misjudge the meaning of a person's words since you cant see expressions/hear tone of voice). I hate talking on the phone or talking in person because I like to have time to think through my possible replies before saying anything; but I don't like emails because the turn around time in replies is way too slow. I'm either an ISFP or an INFP (not sure which yet).