• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te vs Se

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Let's see some differences. I have been identifying as ENFP since I found out about MBTI. I've been operating under the impression that I am currently in a Te loop, but I've been reading that Se and Te have a lot of similarities and can be easily confused.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Let's see some differences. I have been identifying as ENFP since I found out about MBTI. I've been operating under the impression that I am currently in a Te loop, but I've been reading that Se and Te have a lot of similarities and can be easily confused.

This will be an interesting thread to follow. I myself tend to debate on Ne/Se at times, thinking I may be an SFP but wouldn't think of comparing Se and Te. I could see it though. Hoping some members could throw out some inciteful nuggets of info :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Both are very similiar. Te wants to organize, structure, etc. Think the coach who is more apt to hire trainers. Se wants to do, the coach who is always put there giving it his all because "he enjoys it" showing and helping hands on. Te may be hand on, but its generally to "show because it needs to he shown".

Te is to structure and organize...dont confuse that with being structured and organized. To do is not the same as done.

Se is about living life himself. Experiencing the world hands on. He would rather go do something then hire someone.

Te has others running around for him, Se has other running around helping him.

Te is to manage as Se is to lead.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Both are very similiar. Te wants to organize, structure, etc. Think the coach who is more apt to hire trainers. Se wants to do, the coach who is always put there giving it his all because "he enjoys it" showing and helping hands on. Te may be hand on, but its generally to "show because it needs to he shown".

Te is to structure and organize...dont confuse that with being structured and organized. To do is not the same as done.

Se is about living life himself. Experiencing the world hands on. He would rather go do something then hire someone.

Te has others running around for him, Se has other running around helping him.

Te is to manage as Se is to lead.

Could you describe dom Te vs dom Se?

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Te and Se can look similar as they are both action oriented and high energy, especially when dominant, and they both have a very "get-it-done" mentality.
The main difference as I see it, is that dom Te is explicitly goal oriented and concerned with creating order, whereas dom Se is very dynamic and enterprising, and tends to thrive in chaos. Te plans linearly carries through to execution, whereas Se tends to be more along the lines of "act first, think later."

There are some cases in which it becomes more difficult to differentiate Te and Se.
For example, in the ISTP, the dom Ti + aux Se can sometimes create a restrained and structured quality reminiscent of Te. (For example, consider Erwin Rommel, an ISTP that people often confuse for an xNTJ. His motto was "erst wägen denn wagen: first wager, then risk", which is similar to the pro/con oriented thinking of Te types) and in the ENTJ/ESFP, the Te and Se can be somewhat blended.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se doms/auxs/teritary are way more tech-savvy than I am. My pops is an ENTJ, he's twice my age and he knows more stuff about technology than I do. Te is about organizing things, i'm guessing. ExTJs are like the teens that seem J pretty early on. All the other J types seem P when they are younger, practically ExFJs because they tend to mesh with their environment, and seeming SP is cool when you're younger.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Extroverted thinker primary paired with introverted sensing, normally manifested in behavior as a person who judge and take actions. Every judgement has to be followed up by action taken. They can behave this way all day long. They are called executive because of that.