• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Temperaments] What do your thoughts and ideals align with?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm curious, folks: Do your thoughts and ideals align with those of your type, alike types, or opposite? Do you find yourself agreeing with the same/like types as you, or opposite types? This isn't a deep question, I'm just curious because from my own standing, I find myself relating with those whom are my type + similar types. I'm an ENFJ but I was typed as ENFP at one point, and, so yeah. I find I can relate to both of those types, I guess, or some of the functions or whatever.

I'd like everyone to state their type, a sentiment/thought/quote/whatever of their type that you like, or one from an alike type or an opposite type. (It doesn't have to be one, it can be a few.) I'll go first. (And no, you don't have to like the type I mean pick a favorite quote or something.)

My type: ENFJ

Here's a quote from: Jennifer Lawrence, an ENFJ: "I always know when I'm being lied to. ... It's okay to lie sometimes and to exaggerate, but I always know when people are doing it."
Here's why I agree with it: Ok so it's not that deep, maybe it's common sense or something, I don't know. It's more intuition. I just can tell when someone's lying to me or when they don't like me, I guess. I just get a vibe.

Here's a quote from: Emma Stone, an ENFJ: "My least favorite type of person is a 'selective asshole' - a person who's a jerk to some people and nice to other people."
Here's my take: I whole-heartedly agree with her. I've been treated like shit by a lot of people in my life and I've often been second-place or third-place to people in friendships, the last person not considered -- or not considered at all. It's not really an asshole thing to do per se, but it sucks and I just never felt good enough for my friends. And it sucked. And I hate people who do that and treat people like some are worthy and others are not. Everyone should be treated equally. (Unless they're like, really awful, then... yeah.)

I once typed as ENFP and I pulled a few quotes that resonated with me:

Here's a quote from: George Carlin, an ENFP: "I have a lot of things [in me] that are childlike and innocent and sweet."
Here's my take: Of course everyone does but I realize it more and more that I also have this. Or this fake sense of nostalgia in me, sometimes I hear something and I'm comforted and I'm like, oh, I want to go back to those days. Like I went outside today and just stepping on the ice suddenly had me wishing I was in grade school during winter, freezing my ass off. And then there's the fake sense of nostalgia, like when I listen to Vaporwave music, I just feel like I'm blanketed and wrapped up and I'm just.. experiencing something that I can't put my finger on. Granted, we see things we loved as a kid or ages ago with rose colored-glasses and we tend to forget the reality and that, well, things weren't as great as they seem.

Here's a quote from: Jennifer Aniston, an ENFP: "[In spite of all that I've been through] I still believe in marriage 100 percent. ... Why would you ever close your heart down?"
Here's my take: Marriage really terrifies me but that's not the point. Generally speaking for myself, ok, I just can't close my heart off to people. Certain people, maybe, i guess. It's not really a closed-heart thing, I guess I just know my relationship with them. So, anyways, I guess I'm just.. too good to people, or something. I lost my train of thought but this quote really means a lot to me. Why would you turn your heart off? I just want the best, I guess. I'm a big idealist.

Here's a quote from: Brie Larson, an ENFP: Larson: "[What] is honest to me is not necessarily honest to anybody else. ... There's so many different ways to be honest. ... Someone ... said 'art is a lie to tell the truth.' I think that's an interesting concept."
Here's my take: Truthfully her entry on the site, her quotes, all really resonated with me. She's a very interesting person. And I like this quote because I can kind of see two sides of the coin to things, I guess. I try to be really objective to things? But I'm also very stubborn and can be rigid sometimes (a lot of the time), but I try to be open, too.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no thoughts.

These are a few quotes I quickly gathered from other possible ISFP/INFP artists I admire.

Bob Dylan (ISFP)
"All I can do is be me, whoever that is."

I like a lot of his quotes, but this one seems to resonate with me a lot. It's simple, but says a lot about an ISFP 4's idea of who they are. 4's are always seeking to find themselves throughout their life, and they eventually come to acknowledge that there is no defining label, as everyone is an individual with special and unique interests. We will never know the exact person we are, but we can be ourselves as much as possible to feel satisfied in life.

David Bowie (ISFP?)
"I had to resign myself, many years ago, that I'm not too articulate when it comes to explaining how I feel about things."

I don't think he is an ISFP, but he's always listed as one and many seem to think he is. However, this quote I feel represents a lot of ISFP's difficulty to articulate exactly how they feel in words. Fi-Se-Ni combo can make us tongue-tied and lost on how to gather our thoughts and articulate well like many INTJs or ENTJs are able to. I personally do better expressing myself through artistic outlets like painting than through a conversation in person. For many of us involved with art, it's easier to let people make their own depictions than for us to try and explain things in great detail about what an art piece exactly means.

Kate Bush (ISFP or INFP)
" feel strongly about what I want [in my work and] how I want to see it presented. It is an expression of me at some point, and it seems wrong that as soon as it goes out into the world it should leave me and my expression behind."

What Kate Bush said here is how I feel about my own artwork. I, too, very rarely show my own work to other people because I see it as a reflection of who I am, with every feeling, scar, and deficiency exposed. When others see it, your own personal feelings become somewhat lost because other people witnessing it will have their own feelings drawn towards it, so it's not necessarily all about you anymore. It's painful, but at the same time it's something that has to be done because art is about sharing it with the world.

Björk (ISFP or INFx)
"I don't expect people to get me. That would be quite arrogant. I think there are a lot of people out there in the world that nobody gets."

I feel exactly the same way that Björk does here. I used to wallow in my own sorrow about how nobody understood my innermost feelings and how I never fit in anywhere, but as I have developed and gotten healthier as an e4 ISFP, I have finally learned to accept that many others feel this exact same way and nobody will ever really understand me entirely, and that's okay. The world doesn't revolve around me. What I have come to understand is that finding your own purpose in life and working on it is the key to living a happy life in the end.

Vincent van Gogh (INFP?)
"I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day."

"I can very well do without God both in my life and in my painting, but I cannot, suffering as I am, do without something which is greater than I am, which is my life, the power to create."

I as well find myself enjoying the night moreso than the day, like Van Gogh. There is something calming about the late night hours when many are sound asleep and how the night is mostly silent outside. I feel my most creative at night and can feel the richness of it through either listening to music or to the silence of the night itself and my own imagination, despite how dark it is outside.

I am also a non-religious heathen like Van Gogh was and can identify with his need to create something larger than life. We both suffered from mental illnesses, yet he found something that kept him to push on, that gave him meaning to life, and it's the same with me as well. He was a man who also painted by how he felt, and you can see the craziness of his inner world through his brush strokes and how he over exaggerated the coloring so that it's not completely natural, like all the impressionists did during the time. Additionally, I've been compared to him before, especially when I used to work with oil pastels, so I feel some kind of artist twin soul connection to him.

I also like that quote you picked from George Carlin. I, too, can relate and feel similarly to your explanation as well. :)

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I relate to many of the ideals and thoughts of INFJs and INFPs

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, cool idea! I'm just going to go off of my MBTI boards on Pinterest ...

INFJ:
"INFJs is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments."

"INFJs can be people pleasers. Because they so effectively (and unconsciously) read, understand and relate to others, the happiness of someone around them has a direct and immediate effect upon them. So they work to cultivate 'good feelings.' They become attuned at a young age to look out for other people's relationships and morale."

INFP

"You secretly wish you could be meaner but you don't actually want to hurt anyone."

"Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But insisde they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types."

ENFP

"I love you, and you, and you, but I love you most of all!"

"I knew who I was this morning but I've changed a few times since then."

"Occupation: aspiring beam of light."

ENFJ

"Shhh, I'm hiding from negative people!"

"I used to dislike being sensitive. I thought it made me weak. But take away that single trait, and you take away the very essence of who I am. You take away my conscience, my ability to empathize, my intuition, my creativity, my deep appreciation for the little things, my vivid inner life, my keen awareness to others pain and my passion for it all."

INTJ

"I would argue a point I oppose just to annoy you."

"Cheers to all the people who do their own research because they don't trust anyone!"

ISFJ

"ISFJs are vulnerable to being taken advantage of because they are always putting others' needs first."

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know any quotes etc. because I don't know about any famous people or celebrities. I would just say that my thoughts and ideals align with my personal experiences which have shaped and re-shaped them over time.