User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Korvinagor View Post
    Hm, well it's interesting that INTJs are part of this 'irrational' group, what with the 'rational mastermind' title they possess.
    Yeah, the NTs have gotten the name "the rationals", I think from Kiersey. Originally the term was based on the nature of the dominant function. Presumably, it's two different uses of the term "rational".
    the lone star flies alone
    Likes Korvinagor liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I leave a lot open-ended in my perception of reality. I may communicate more certitude than I actually have. I feel that the vastness of everything is so great that I can never perceive enough of reality to know anything for certain. My inner world is deeply agnostic.

The only thing I have certainty about is related to morality. Each living being is entitled to their own self, entitled to define their own self, they have a right to find a spot to sit and defend it, they have a right to be left alone. The inner personal boundary I respect at all costs and fight to defend it with too much gusto.

I also reject cruelty, although I realize that there is a continuum of harm and it is somewhat subjective based on cultural and individual perception. However, once again, if the individual rejects the pain inflicted on them, then I support that and equally reject it on their behalf.
    bunny omi

The most fruitless of men indeed.

「」

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    594 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

What qualities of irrationals are we examining here?

Am I an irrational because I'm an IP type or am I a rational because I'm a Ji-dom?

Considering "rational" is sometimes defined as more conscious or active judging (as opposed to perception or automatic or passive processing), is it possible for someone to be a J-dom and have executive function issues that might lead to an irrational appearance or mistype?
    If so, is this more common with inf Je (IP) or inf Ji (EJ)?

Are irrationals simply those who are not NT?
    Accidentally offensive

MBTI: IxTP (Ti-dom, leaning on Ne-aux)
    Socionics: idek anymore. SLI, ILI, LII....
    Enneagram: 5 > 9w1 > 4w5 sp
    Alignment: Neutral (inching toward Lawful neutral)
    Temperament: Phlegmatic/Melancholic > Sanguine (online persona) > Choleric
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/25/258523.png
    Johari and Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Snickie View Post
    What qualities of irrationals are we examining here?

Am I an irrational because I'm an IP type or am I a rational because I'm a Ji-dom?

Considering "rational" is sometimes defined as more conscious or active judging (as opposed to perception or automatic or passive processing), is it possible for someone to be a J-dom and have executive function issues that might lead to an irrational appearance or mistype?
    If so, is this more common with inf Je (IP) or inf Ji (EJ)?

Are irrationals simply those who are not NT?
    Irrational - N or S
    Rational F or T

legion makes a hidden assumption that whatever dominant function you have is what he would label you as.

I am an irrational type according to him because I have Ni as dominant.

You are a rational type according to him.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Irrational - N or S
    Rational F or T

legion makes a hidden assumption that whatever dominant function you have is what he would label you as.

I am an irrational type according to him because I have Ni as dominant.

You are a rational type according to him.
    Well, I'm assuming that, for example, the introverted intuition type in Jung corresponds to the Ni dominant type in MBTI. I certainly relate to Jung's description of the introverted irrational type.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Well, I'm assuming that, for example, the introverted intuition type in Jung corresponds to the Ni dominant type in MBTI. I certainly relate to Jung's description of the introverted irrational type.
    I have Psychological Types. Don't you worry I get you
    Likes Legion liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

I've noticed that even the ENFJs in my family can be somewhat indecisive (but also quick in giving emotional social responses), and also have other P-like traits, so I'm thinking that this may be a family trait, and may link to Type B in the Type A vs Type B personality thing.

However, my tendency to be quite lackadaisical regarding upholding my principles is something I don't share with the ENFJs, who tend to live more through their moral/ethical code.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

According to Jung, A psychological functions is called Rational when the functions subsumes to the law of reason. Jung believe that reasoning has law and the rational functions subsume to the law. The rational functions are the judging functions: Fi, Fe,Ti,Te works in accords with reason. When it is judged as not rational/reasonable for each rational functions, they will reject any judgement. But Kiersey differ himself with theory. He say "NT" is the rational types with his explanations. Kiersey means his rational type is any person under his "NT"personality type, which is different with Jung who say rational is a characteristics of cognitive judging function. It may be a little bit ambiguous when we assume what rational means here refer to the Kiersey "NT" type, instead of to four judging psychological functions: Fi,Fe,Ti,Te, following Jung.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 09-16-2019 at 08:58 AM.