• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] depressive ENFJ transforms to ENTJ

enzoright

Hello Community:hi:

I want to ask you something.

I am depressive since 2.5 years. I took now like 8 tests and 6 from it described me as ENTJ.
When i speak with one of my best friends(ENFP). I make like a personality change to ENFJ or i feel like it. Maybe because of the good relationship.

But i can identify me with ENTJ in daily basis.
Only thing is i don't want to be totally stubborn. I respect others and i am most of the time friendly.
But something i hate is lazy workers etc.

So my question is could this be?
Am i a ENFJ and you transform to ENTJ when you are depressive?

Sorry, for my bad english. Isn't my native language:D
Maybe wrong prefix..

Kind regards:bye:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, ENFJ when depressed gets wrapped up in inferior introverted Thinking, an abyss of self-directed hypercriticism.

ENFJs will act like a very poor version of a ISTP when depressed.

The ENTJs I know well really don't get depressed. Both grew up in difficult circumstances and pretty much blew it off. They struggle to even recognize their feelings or those of others......

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey Enzoright! I've heard that depression can mess up type, but I'm not entirely sure how reliable that information is, but it's still something to consider! I'd recommend researching it if you're truly curious. I think that taking a cognitive functions test would probably be the best gauge of whether you're an ENTJ or ENFJ. This is a good one. Try to take it while in a relaxed state.

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Additionally, your type could actually have Fi as the primary judging function (XFXP) and so whenever you get depressed you fall onto Te instead.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
When you speak with an NF, it is likely that you too will start to be like an NF - we have traits of more than just the one personality type, after all.

Based on what SearchingforPeace said - that depressed ENFJ gets wrapped up in Ti - it makes sense that you could then identify as a T.

So, not quite enough information to go off of, but sounds most like ENTJ from what I can tell. ENFJ wouldn't change around the ENFP, and if they did it would be to change to ENFP/INFJ. i.e. less F than usual.