• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] to the infjs and istps

chado

MBTI Type
infp
to the infjs and istps do you think ni(introverted intuition) and ti(introverted hinking) are very similar?like do you think they similar or go together realy well?in experince?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think that Ni only seems like Ti when paired with Te. I don't think INFJs and ISTPs are really all that similar.

However, to an observer I think they can appear similar, because they both seem inward and detached, however detached in different ways. Intuition is detached from the physical and Thinking is detached from the emotional.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
I think that Ni only seems like Ti when paired with Te. I don't think INFJs and ISTPs are really all that similar.

However, to an observer I think they can appear similar, because they both seem inward and detached, however detached in different ways. Intuition is detached from the physical and Thinking is detached from the emotional.

what do you mean ni only seems like ti when paired with te and since you an infj how do you compare ti and ni personaly?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
what do you mean ni only seems like ti when paired with te and since you an infj how do you compare ti and ni personaly?

Ni with Te will give the Ni a T-ish quality - what the person says then will seem inward (i) and logical (T), like Ti, although is still operating differently.

I think Ti figures things out consciously, it can be step by step logic or it can be more fuzzy logic that can occur in a fraction of a second. Ni is more working something out by allowing information to come up from deep in the mind, and this gets incorporated into the image that is wishing to become known to the mind - but the process of allowing information and then structuring that information lacks the logical steps of Ti. It is intentional still, because the mind still actively gets information from the subconscious as it is called, but it is a creative process overall, whereas Ti is not very creative in how it operates. This is not to say Ni is better because it is creative or something, although naturally I will prefer it since it is my dominant function, it is simply a different form of strength.

chado

MBTI Type
infp
Ni with Te will give the Ni a T-ish quality - what the person says then will seem inward (i) and logical (T), like Ti, although is still operating differently.

I think Ti figures things out consciously, it can be step by step logic or it can be more fuzzy logic that can occur in a fraction of a second. Ni is more working something out by allowing information to come up from deep in the mind, and this gets incorporated into the image that is wishing to become known to the mind - but the process of allowing information and then structuring that information lacks the logical steps of Ti. It is intentional still, because the mind still actively gets information from the subconscious as it is called, but it is a creative process overall, whereas Ti is not very creative in how it operates. This is not to say Ni is better because it is creative or something, although naturally I will prefer it since it is my dominant function, it is simply a different form of strength.

hey id like to invite you to this cool site its all about mbti called slack chat heres the link Slack and just check it out,if you want to register use the team mbtv

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not entirely sure how similar Ni and Ti are in separate individuals, such as an INFJ clicking well with an ISTP. The textbook definition of Ni is a future-focused pattern-finding function, and the stereotypical Ti is fine-tuning concepts in one's mind, maintaining inner logical consistency, and solving problems. Both are highly analytical in nature, so I suppose a Ti-dom and a Ni-dom could have some fun discussions with each other. The difference between an INFJ and an ISTP as far as Ti and Ni goes is that the INFJ's ti will be their tertriary function and their Ni will be their dominant function, and the ISTP's Ni will be their tertriary function and their Ti will be their dominant function (please forgive my pairing of "INFJ's" and "their"). This will make it so that the INFJ is far more familiar with Ni than the ISTP is, but far less comfortable with Ti than the ISTP is. Additionally, an INFJ is more likely to use their Ti with their Ni and the ISTP is more likely to use their Ti with their Se which will result in some pretty drastic differences. As an INFJ, when I use Ti, it's usually to think about a pattern I've observed in myself and others. An ISTP would probably use Ti to think about something happening in the moment. The latter is just a guess since I'm not familiar with ISTPs and this whole post is just a generalization.

complexa46

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wouldn't say all that similar, Ni is more about that gut feeling and it can be difficult to explain insights. Ti is mainly focused on the process and whether the process makes sense. Ni doesn't actively think about the process, you just 'know'
I personally like having Ti as my tertiary function. Ni is also about hidden meanings and Ti is important in finding out what those meanings are. Ti finds the detail I want in order to draw up a conclusion about something

GavinElster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Ni and Ti SEEM similar in some theories because they're just badly constructed.

The key is that T is about making insights explicit. Translating them into a logical framework and so on. Things are much more in-the-mind and harder to express when they're intuitions. They're also less rigidly formed.
Ti might seek a way of formulating a theory where every last piece fits intricately into the edifice, and so on.