• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] to the infjs and intjs?

chado

MBTI Type
infp
to the infjs and intjs? are you obsessive? like do you often become obsessed over your interests?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mr. chado not really right now, I wish. Used to be with MBTI.

Jellyfish1234

Usually if something captures my imagination it will be a large part of what occupies my mind for the (usually fairly short) while that I'm obsessed with it. For example I'll often get a bit obsessed with a certain video game and whenever I'm daydreaming (which is a lot) my thoughts are all linked to that, imagining being in that world, or imagining being a character from that world, or imagining what it would be like if real life turned into that, or imagining different trailers for that game that I could make. And then all of a sudden I'll start seeing the video game in a different light (without realizing), and that's when I know that soon I'm going to be bored of it, because that's what always happens. I think it's like me subconsciously becoming bored and trying to make it seem new or something. And then, as always, I get bored, and stop playing the game/obsessing over it.

But maybe I'm just a nerd haha.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say I can become obsessive, yes, depending on the subject.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A degree of obsession is inherent to being interested in something.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Sometimes extremely so, usually tied in with how mentally/emotionally healthy I am at the time. More anxiety/depression = more and longer lasting obsessive preoccupations. I hate it at times. If I can bring my sensing abilities into the picture, I can usually regulate my focus a little better.

But even when I'm healthy, I love researching my passions and interests to death. Usually revolving around psychology and human relationships. (Duh... look at my types)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No. I think crossing into obsession, about anything, is generally not healthy. I like focus.

natalia93

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
to the infjs and intjs? are you obsessive? like do you often become obsessed over your interests?

Holy jesus god. I am definitely obsessive. Anytime I'm not obsessing over an interest or passion it usually means I'm depressed. Then I'm obsessively thinking about what is wrong with me and how I can 'fix' it... so the obsessive thinking never really ends.