• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to be more extroverted?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
How do I become more extroverted?

What are common activities that extroverts like to enjoy?

What are ways of training my extroverted functions?

The less social-oriented the better.

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, I'm an extremely unhealthy extrovert currently, but I think one thing that is sort of common for extroverted types and isn't totally related to being social is being able to express your thoughts/feelings. I've noticed that most introverts are simply not practiced or natural at expressing themselves, whereas extroverts (regardless of whether we're thinkers/feelers or awkward by nature) are better at putting into words what they are thinking or feeling. So, maybe you could practice expressing yourself either in a journal, or with someone you trust...or whatever form you prefer?

It also depends what your extroverted functions are, though. I saw you and Forever discussing your type, so I know you may be on the fence about what those are currently. But if you do use Fe-Se, there would be specific ways for you to develop those functions rather than just extroversion as a whole.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
So, I'm an extremely unhealthy extrovert currently, but I think one thing that is sort of common for extroverted types and isn't totally related to being social is being able to express your thoughts/feelings. I've noticed that most introverts are simply not practiced or natural at expressing themselves, whereas extroverts (regardless of whether we're thinkers/feelers or awkward by nature) are better at putting into words what they are thinking or feeling. So, maybe you could practice expressing yourself either in a journal, or with someone you trust...or whatever form you prefer?

It also depends what your extroverted functions are, though. I saw you and Forever discussing your type, so I know you may be on the fence about what those are currently. But if you do use Fe-Se, there would be specific ways for you to develop those functions rather than just extroversion as a whole.

I think learning to express myself more would focus especially on my Fe.

I was thinking of doing stuff like
N (interpretive): pose a question to myself and a) brainstorm possible responses (Ne), and b) really focus to arrive at a single answer (Ni)
T (pragmatic): a) read an education focused book and the learn the principles taught (Ti) and b) take active steps to ensure everything gets taken care of for university (Te)
F (humanistic): a) read a fiction book I like and review it (Fi), b) help others I know with what they are going through (Fe)
S (experiential): a) engage physical body more in terms of exercise whether that be dance, weights, cardio (Se) b) go over past possessions and creations to find ones worthy to keep (Si)

Does this reflect the 8 functions well?

So the extroverted judgement functions are probably the ones I want to work the most on at the moment. Organising my life and building rapport with others.