• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type and job

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
i thought we could have a thread where you could give your opinions on which job fits which type etc.
to start off i ll give a link even though is not directly connected with MBTi but you ll sure find fast the pattern

Finding a Job That Best Suits You

i guess INTps are the Visonair type

So my personal opinion is
INTJ: scientist
INTP: psychologists, philosophers (even though its a real job), archtect
ENTP:politician
ISFP: artist
(go on in this way..)

so you can go on;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Disparaging lack of the letter "h" in thread title.

ISTP: Motorsport Vehicle Operator

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTJ: Führer, teacher, grand inquisitor, Sith Lord

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ENTP: It's their job to pass out lunch menus every Monday and Thursday to their fellow psych ward patients.
ENFP: They wander the forests looking for hurt animals to resuscitate.
INTP: The Messiah of a cult at a compound in rural Oregon.
INTJ: Crawling inside giant machines and laying there in the fetal position while theme music from SNES games from the 90s play in the back round.
INFP: Unemployed/poet/harp player for an emo band, they don't get gigs.
ESTJ: Narcotics officer.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So my personal opinion is
INTJ: scientist

I'm sorry, I'd have to disagree 100%..scientists are stereotyped as being unorganized, and open-minded..and I know not all are like that, but scientists have to be open to anything, any possibilities that might occur where they can't be caught off guard..

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm sorry, I'd have to disagree 100%..scientists are stereotyped as being unorganized, and open-minded..and I know not all are like that, but scientists have to be open to anything, any possibilities that might occur where they can't be caught off guard..

There are many many types of scientists.

I don't know for sure what Edison was but trying 1400 filaments to solve the practical problem of creating dependable light is certainly a Sensing approach. and very organized.

Compare that to Einstein. No practical application, no real experimentation..."E...=MC2" Intuition, usually also seen as Perceiving, one might surmise...

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENFJ: Dictator
INTP: Apocalypse-Inducing Scientist
ENFP: Gangsta
ENTJ: Anarchist
INTP: Gardener
INFP: Power-Behind-The-Throne
ENTP: Quick-Change Artist
ESTP: Schoolyard Bully
ESFJ: Sailor
ISFP: Playmate ;)
ESTJ: BDSM-Master
ISTP: Ranger
INFJ: Journalist
ISFJ: Pirate
ESFP: Sipping-Wine-By-The-Vine

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Nice eldanen, but personnally I would have put Revolutionary instead of Anarchist.

Its a more general term and I feel it fits my type and me.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
In case you wanted a serious answer, the biggest similarities are by function pairs--ST, SF, NT, NF, although there are patterns within individual types as well.

ST: production management, physical science, engineering, emergency personnel, tax and other detailed law careers, small business owners--handling reality

SF: customer service, nursing, teaching (especially younger children)--any career where you're meeting the individual needs of people

NF: counseling, management consulting, communications, training and development, human resources, religious careers

NT: strategic planning, engineering, theoretical science, management, IT

These are just general patterns borne out by stats on thousands of people. And yes, there's been research on why Feeling types settle for lower pay...and anyone can do anything if they are motivated to master the content/skills and work with a lot of people who aren't a whole lot like them...

LucrativeSid

I'm sure it happens sometimes, but I can't imagine an ENTP becoming a politician. We are pioneers who like to break rules and shake things up, and that doesn't really attract a lot of votes. I wouldn't want to play the game of being fake, playing it safe, and saying what people want to hear in order to achieve practical results at a tediously slow pace.

Suggestions: Entrepreneur, Inventor, Producer, Social Scientist, Director of Cinema, Professional Speaker, Life Coach, Comedian

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
ENFP loves ideas so i would probably like any job that fosters my imagination. like to have a happy working environment too. i would quite like to do something involving film, tv or the theater. i have never been the pure artsy student, but i think it would be nice.

i'm studying philosophy right now. i don't want a desk job or something after i've found something that i love so much. plan is to go right down the academic track. being a philosophy lecturer i think would fit my personality quite well. i can be the typical 'teacher' type and use my EFP skills. the subject matter will please my N side along with the research. yep. got it sussed out.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INFJ top jobs from the research
• Architect
• Education consultant, teacher
• Fine artist, writer
• Librarian
• Marketing
• Psychiatrist or psychologist
• Religious professional
• Scientist
• Social worker

ENFP:
• Artist, musician, actor
• Consultant
• Counselor, social scientist
• Dental hygienist
• Journalist
• Public relations
• Research assistant
• Religious professional
• Teacher

ENTP:
• Actor
• Chemical engineer
• Construction worker
• Computer professional
• Journalist
• Marketing professional
• Photographer
• Psychiatrist
• Public relations professional

INTJ
• Architect
• Attorney or judge
• Computer professional
• Electrical or chemical engineer
• Management consultant
• Manager
• Scientist or researcher
• Social services worker
• University instructor

Note these include people with and without 4 year degrees--makes a big difference in what's attractive and possible...

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ top jobs from the research
• Architect
• Education consultant, teacher
• Fine artist, writer
• Librarian
• Marketing
• Psychiatrist or psychologist
• Religious professional
• Scientist
• Social worker

ENFP:
• Artist, musician, actor
• Consultant
• Counselor, social scientist
• Dental hygienist
• Journalist
• Public relations
• Research assistant
• Religious professional
• Teacher

Note these include people with and without 4 year degrees--makes a big difference in what's attractive and possible...

I'd be interested in what the research shows for INFPs in this regard (I'm assuming these are lists of fields where these types have found at least above average job satisfaction).

I've been thinking that somethign like Sociology or Cultural Antropology would be a good (fulfilling) area for me to pursue, but the question of what jobs I'd actualy enjoy that such training could lead to is an essential question.

I often think I'd like a job doing research and analyzing test reults and looking for correlations to find new theories/hypothesis and stuff like that, and I'd like it to be something related to human thought/feeling etc, but I'm not sure what jobs like that exist, how common they are, where they are and what training would be required.

Its quite a bit off from humanities, but I've also recently thought something in environmental science could be interesting and fulfilling as well (solar energy, wind farms etc), but I suspect thats the sort of thing I might enjoy for a few years and then grow tired of.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'd be interested in what the research shows for INFPs in this regard (I'm assuming these are lists of fields where these types have found at least above average job satisfaction).

I've been thinking that somethign like Sociology or Cultural Antropology would be a good (fulfilling) area for me to pursue, but the question of what jobs I'd actualy enjoy that such training could lead to is an essential question.

I often think I'd like a job doing research and analyzing test reults and looking for correlations to find new theories/hypothesis and stuff like that, and I'd like it to be something related to human thought/feeling etc, but I'm not sure what jobs like that exist, how common they are, where they are and what training would be required.

Its quite a bit off from humanities, but I've also recently thought something in environmental science could be interesting and fulfilling as well (solar energy, wind farms etc), but I suspect thats the sort of thing I might enjoy for a few years and then grow tired of.

Psychiatry/psychology is very popular for INFPs. They can also be great in other scientific fields if they're motivated enough by the outcomes to put up with the concrete/sequential aspects of gathering data and creating replicable experiments.

We created these lists to include degreed/nondegreed positions..

INFP
• Counselor
• Education consultant
• English or fine arts teacher
• Fine artist
• Journalist
• Psychologist
• Religious educator
• Social scientist
• Writer, editor

So the pattern is very much humanities but there are definitely NFs in the sciences--working on things exactly like solar energy for the common good.

A lot of NFs I know, though, opted out of hard sciences after a few college classes. A friend of mine lost his interest after an internship taking water samples. Another one, who has a masters in some horticultural area, quit after counting weeds per square foot all summer. I knew I'd be reading, not writing for, Scientific America after acing the class part but spending hours and hours and hours in chem lab to pass the hands-on lab techniques...