• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Christmas Presents for Each of the Types

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The other day I read a great article by Heidi Priebe about how to get a gift for people based off of their MBTI types. The idea is to get them something for their auxiliary, tertiary, or inferior functions, because those are the kinds of things people don't usually buy for themselves. She didn't go much into what the different kinds of gifts for each of the MBTI types/functions would be, so I thought it would be a fun and useful discussion!

As an INFJ, most of the stuff I buy for myself is very future oriented (Ni) or focused on helping others (Fe). For an example, I'll buy a value pack of sharpies that will last me five years so I can make home made cartoon cards for all of my friends' birthdays, or I'll send myself to a writing conference to get me towards my goal of becoming a published author. I usually don't get things for Ti, like awesome books about astronomy, or things for Se.
So, cool gifts for an INFJ: something that appeals to Fe, such as putting in X hours volunteering and then giving them an envelope saying where you volunteered, something for Ti, like an awesome book titled The Science of Doctor Who, or something for Se, like a basket full of chocolate candy, and candles, and maybe a ticket to a movie (basically live-in-the-moment indulgences). The further down the line of functions, the more special it is because the less likely the person is to regularly buy it for him or herself.

What are the gifts that correspond with each of your cognitive functions?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just like things that I was planning on getting anyway. Like new speakers for my computer because the subwoofer on my old ones broke. Or money so I can buy a ticket to a convention I like to go to every January. Not sure what that would correlate to.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For an ENTP we dont need presents as we can invent stuff from random things. For this year i have a cloud vacuum cleaner, a time machine so i can save and reset it like a video game.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Just face it, you'll never satisfy the recipient

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really consider type persay. I mean I consider interests and hobbies as well as likes and dislikes. Usually it's not hard for me to come up with something even if it's just a bunch of their favorite candy, which I find is often a huge hit. So are warm, comfy things like blankets and fuzzy socks. Enjoying being comfortable is pretty universal I think.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP - The gift of time to ourselves. ;)

Ok, but seriously...

Ti - A book on a subject of interest.
Ne - A surprise day trip to somewhere new.
Si - A collector's edition of a beloved album or movie.
Fe - Dinner out with friends and family.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ex and I gave each other computer parts one Christmas. Everyone else thought it was weird.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
INTJ friend = tools/video games/ utilitarian.
ESTJ friend = fancy shaving kit.
INTP friend = Wallet that says "Bad Ass Mother Fucker." Trip to a cigar bar.
INFJ Friend = I spy books or a nice mahjong set.
ISTP friend = a bear trap for their front door/a field dressing kit
ISTJ friend = I dont get them anything or acknowledge any special occasion has passed whatsoever.
ENFP Friends= Video Games/art supplies/company,
ISFJ Friends= spa day/video games/craft supplies
ESFJ Friend = A taste of the old days.
INFP Friend = A night out stargazing at the beach.
ENTP Friend = Dave and Busters then to the Walmart to find the most off putting items to buy together; from there we go around "gifting" their other friends with various obscure harmless gifts with obscure symbolic meanings. Squeaky shark toy in the mail box of the ESTJ, plastic dinosaurs set up in the INTJ's rock garden.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
My ex and I gave each other computer parts one Christmas. Everyone else thought it was weird.

That's not weird. When I was socially retarded, a woman once brought me a sophisticated gaming mouse with very high DPI and a graphic card. Instead of just accepting her gifts, I secretely looked up their price, and put the money in her bag. That, was pretty fucking weird.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

That’s...really romantic. Considering that your avatar is currently a robot, I take your post to mean you gave each other a piece of yourselves. I know you didn’t, but no need to ruin this moment for me, I’m smiling at the thought of your gushy romantic side, if you ever show it that is.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My brother once gave me that dry sand stuff for my birthday. The kind you can get at Brookstone, that’s ,axe of real sand and sort of just slips through your hand like liquid...I played with that stuff by myself for at least an hour until I came to, and realized there were still people around me. Yup, all this kitty needs is a ball of yarn to play :D

The Cat

Staff member
My brother once gave me that dry sand stuff for my birthday. The kind you can get at Brookstone, that’s ,axe of real sand and sort of just slips through your hand like liquid...I played with that stuff by myself for at least an hour until I came to, and realized there were still people around me. Yup, all this kitty needs is a ball of yarn to play :D

The Cat

Staff member
That’s...really romantic. Considering that your avatar is currently a robot, I take your post to mean you gave each other a piece of yourselves. I know you didn’t, but no need to ruin this moment for me, I’m smiling at the thought of your gushy romantic side, if you ever show it that is.

I'm going to go ahead and ruin the moment for you, because I'm bored, and this seems like as good a time as any to say the following:

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
That’s...really romantic. Considering that your avatar is currently a robot, I take your post to mean you gave each other a piece of yourselves.

Allow me to ruin the moment for you.
There. Ruined.

I know you didn’t, but no need to ruin this moment for me

I suddenly lost my ability to read.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Allow me to ruin the moment for you.
There. Ruined.

Let me guess, you left a brown paper bag full of feces for me huh? Ugh! This romantic moment brought to you by Hallmark has now been terribly ruined :(

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to go ahead and ruin the moment for you, because I'm bored, and this seems like as good a time as any to say the following:

You are very right, I mustn’t distract myself with such nonsense. Back to architecting :D

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Guys...it’s april.