• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Am I an e or I

Slay

Enneagram
I know I am an xstp

Whenever I take a quiz I get typed an e.
- I feel energized by people
- I like to go out and spend as much time with people
- I love trying new things
- I enjoy being the center of attention
- I am very chatty to my friends
- I joke around a lot
- I am funny
- I enjoy group work
- I start a lot of conversations
- I don't like very much alone time being quiet I feel drained

I might be an I though
- people tell me I'm quiet
- in class I just sit there and don't say anything except to my friends, I could care less about what they're talking about. I hate school but I mange to get good grades

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an e.

ChaCha!

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that sounds more extroverted... perhaps you should research the word ambivert and see if you are more comfortable with it...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I spoke with a college head department yesterday. She is totally into Carl Jung and was telling me that when she was young she always scored as an I but now that she is older she often scores as an E.

The thing is that we are ALL partly extroverted and partly introverted. I am often accused of being an extrovert and I suppose, that to some, I appear to be because I'm always involved in something. But the things I'm involved in, if a person were to examine them, ALL deal with bringing ideas to fruition. I have no question that I am led predominantly by Ni, but most people don't see that. They only see the "products" of the Ni, what my auxiliary function shows them in the tangible world. I decided a few years ago that sitting back and being an "introvert" was going to keep my brilliant ideas in the shadows, so with my knees knocking and my heart pounding, I put myself out there. I wrote my books in secrecy but to sell them I had to come into the light. I climbed on stages and played music, sang songs, recited poetry, did comedy skits, worked festivals, attended charity events...I would come home exhausted and take the next few days to recover, but I learned that for my introverted ideas to become reality, I had to make contact with the physical world. I'm still an introvert, but I know how to put on an extrovert face to get the job done.

So, now, back to you. Here's the thing you have to ask yourself. Do you lead with your Se or your Ti? I know ISTPs who can put themselves out there when they need to and I know ESTPs who can hang back when they need to. It's really more about which function you lead with. All but one of my siblings are ISTPs and ESTPs. We all share the same functions but in different orders.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I get that comments from other people can be taken too seriously, but it does sound you like you have some very extroverted qualities... so I wouldn't take the comment of you being quiet too seriously.