• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Being encouraging

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What psychological qualities are associated with such behavior?

What MBTI types?

Whom of you have been described as such?

Yeah I've been repeatedly described as encouraging. That's partly why I'm asking.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I've never been described as encouraging.

sade

I've been called encouraging on the occations I've decided to share my thoughts over an issue or thing. Normally I prefer to listen.. What MBTI types, eh?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I know ENFPs tend to need encouragement, and I am certainly no exception.. whether it comes to finishing tasks or wondering if I really DO look nice when I dress it up.

I try my best to return the favors too since I know my friends are generally supportive of the fact I do need it. If I see someone making an effort, I do what I can to support them in that because I'd like it were I doing said task.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What psychological qualities are associated with such behavior?

What MBTI types?

Whom of you have been described as such?

Yeah I've been repeatedly described as encouraging. That's partly why I'm asking.
ENTPs are great encouragers, so are ENFPs and INFPs.

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
The two most encouraging people in my life are ENFP and ISFP. Their styles of encouragement are very different. One is very demonstrative and verbal, the other is quiet and supportive behind the scenes.

I think each type has a different style of encouragement, it depends on what kind you are looking for. The ISTJ in my life encourages not with attagirls but by constantly bringing up high expectations of me, and examples of how other people have succeed in similar cases to mine.